Newcastle United 6 - 0 Aston Villa - 22/08/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

Satisfying doesn't even come close. The last time we played villa was one of the worst performances ever, to drop out of the premier league without even fighting was disgraceful. We've lost christ knows how many "star" players and the second string have done us proud.

Well done lads, and thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaldockMackem 

People on the Newcastle forums thinking their finishing top 6. Sigh..

Did you expect anything less from the deluded fuckers ?

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=517933&page=39#ixzz0xLrfs3hC

FFS, guys stop giving them ammunition :)

Not one fucker thinks we'll finish top 6 man. :lol:

Ever heard of that little Argie fellow that plays for Barcelona? O0

Here's my thoughts:

Harper, 4.  I've always supported him but I'm starting to get concerned and he can't have many days like today.  The penalty looked stupid from where I was as the player was running into no mans land.

Perch, 8.  He did nothing wrong and he looks like he could turn out to be our best player in his position, he's got loads of pace and can pass the ball.

Williamson, 8.  I don't think he did a thing wrong all day and him and Coloccini were massive for us, he reads the game really well.

Coloccini, 8.  I was really pleased for him as along with Williamson, he had a massive game and like Williamson read the game really well.  I think having him on the left of centre works well with Jonas and Enrique.

Enriques, 8.  He was outstanding today and had proven that he's one of the best in his position, even in this league.

Routledge, 6.  I'm not sure what to make of him, he sees plenty of the ball but his crossing was poor today and I thought that it got to him and towards the end of the game he'd even stopped trying to get a cross in.

Smith, 7.  He had one of his best games for us today; it's a pity he didn't play like that more often.

Nolan, 6.  How he scored 2 goals I'll never know, the first was one of the most fortunate goals that I've ever seen as he should never have been given a second go at it but the Villa defence were as bad as I've ever seen at this level.  To think that our defence has been used as a measure of shitness, not any more after today.  I watched him put in by Jonas with a ball that should have been perfect but he didn’t reach it before a Villa defender who shouldn't have had a chance.

Barton, 8.  His goal was brilliant and just what we needed at that time, it was going in from the second it left his boot, they had no chance with it.  I also thought that his corners and free kicks were much better than the ones taken by Ryan Taylor when he came on.

Gutierrez, 8.  I thought that he had an excellent game, he held on to the ball much better than against Man U and delivered some good balls into the area, if only we'd had somebody playing up front with Carroll to take advantage of the balls into the box.

Carroll, 10.  This is the best that I've ever seen from him.  I thought that he was finished at the start of the 2nd half because of all of the hard word that he'd done in the first 45 minutes but he surprised me as he played as well in the second half as he had done in the first.  I didn’t expect todays performance from him in his early days, he must be one of the most improved players in the country since Christmas and has proven today that he could become a genuinely class number 9.

Shola, 5.  I’m not sure that he did much.

Ryan Taylor, 5. Barton was much better when taking the free kicks and corners than Taylor was when he came on.

Xisco, 5.  I thought that he'd blown it just before making the goal as he was in a similar position and blew it.  The through ball for his assist was as good as you could expect to see.

Hughton, 9.  I thought that his team selection was piss poor but the result proves that he was right.  I think Villa were as bad as we were good and hope that we don’t have to pick our starting 11 too many times at home because it’ll probably not work too often.  The substitutions were bizarre but again, they worked.

Team Performance, 9.  I have no idea if we were that good or if they were realy shite.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I know it's a team performance and all that, but...

Harper- 6- Kicking was messy, and he got lucky on the  penalty incident

Perch- 8- Did very well today. Bags of pace

Williamson- 8- I like this guy a lot. Very dependable

Coloccini-8- Played well next to Williamson, steady

Enrique- 9- Immense. Still a big danger in this league

Routledge- 8- Made lots of runs and his pace was dangerous, end product wasn't too good- But gets the mark for the danger caused by his runs

Smith- 8- I thought he did well today, mopped up very well. Shame this will probably be a one off

Barton- 9- Terrefic game. Driving, box to box stuff. Top goal

Jonas- 8- Strong runs and link up play with Jose

Nolan- 8- Gets the 8 purely for the goals and "being there at the right time"

Carroll- 10-

Subs-

Ameobi- 6- Didn't do that much

R.Taylor- 6- ^

Xisco-6-Was a bit dodgy but made up for it by that pass

Guest geordiemuff

Every One hammer radio 5 live

Steve claridge wat a dick !!!!!

Call 0500 909 693

I really do think its a north vs south thing

Every One hammer radio 5 live

Steve claridge wat a dick !!!!!

Call 0500 909 693

I really do think its a north vs south thing

What was said, they've got some dick talking about Gallas.....

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Did not like the booing of Beye though.. harsh I thought

Aye. I was surrounded by people booing and call him a money grabbing judas. Thought I was sitting in White Hart Lane for a moment.

Here's my thoughts:

Harper, 4.  I've always supported him but I'm starting to get concerned and he can't have many days like today.  The penalty looked stupid from where I was as the player was running into no mans land.

Perch, 8.  He did nothing wrong and he looks like he could turn out to be our best player in his position, he's got loads of pace and can pass the ball.

Williamson, 8.  I don't think he did a thing wrong all day and him and Coloccini were massive for us, he reads the game really well.

Coloccini, 8.  I was really pleased for him as along with Williamson, he had a massive game and like Williamson read the game really well.  I think having him on the left of centre works well with Jonas and Enrique.

Enriques, 8.  He was outstanding today and had proven that he's one of the best in his position, even in this league.

Routledge, 6.  I'm not sure what to make of him, he sees plenty of the ball but his crossing was poor today and I thought that it got to him and towards the end of the game he'd even stopped trying to get a cross in.

Smith, 7.  He had one of his best games for us today; it's a pity he didn't play like that more often.

Nolan, 6.  How he scored 2 goals I'll never know, the first was one of the most fortunate goals that I've ever seen as he should never have been given a second go at it but the Villa defence were as bad as I've ever seen at this level.  To think that our defence has been used as a measure of shitness, not any more after today.  I watched him put in by Jonas with a ball that should have been perfect but he didn’t reach it before a Villa defender who shouldn't have had a chance.

Barton, 8.  His goal was brilliant and just what we needed at that time, it was going in from the second it left his boot, they had no chance with it.  I also thought that his corners and free kicks were much better than the ones taken by Ryan Taylor when he came on.

Gutierrez, 8.  I thought that he had an excellent game, he held on to the ball much better than against Man U and delivered some good balls into the area, if only we'd had somebody playing up front with Carroll to take advantage of the balls into the box.

Carroll, 10.  This is the best that I've ever seen from him.  I thought that he was finished at the start of the 2nd half because of all of the hard word that he'd done in the first 45 minutes but he surprised me as he played as well in the second half as he had done in the first.  I didn’t expect todays performance from him in his early days, he must be one of the most improved players in the country since Christmas and has proven today that he could become a genuinely class number 9.

Shola, 5.  I’m not sure that he did much.

Ryan Taylor, 5. Barton was much better when taking the free kicks and corners than Taylor was when he came on.

Xisco, 5.  I thought that he'd blown it just before making the goal as he was in a similar position and blew it.  The through ball for his assist was as good as you could expect to see.

Hughton, 9.  I thought that his team selection was piss poor but the result proves that he was right.  I think Villa were as bad as we were good and hope that we don’t have to pick our starting 11 too many times at home because it’ll probably not work too often.  The substitutions were bizarre but again, they worked.

Team Performance, 9.  I have no idea if we were that good or if they were realy shite.

Good ratings, bit harsh on Routledge maybe but you are right that his final ball was consistently poor.

Guest HGB1892

Why? I was there and booed the cunt. He was one of the reasons we went down and didn't have the guts to stick around and put things right. I dislike Smith and Nolan but at least they wanted to put things right.

Harsh on the individual but not on the group of players who jumped ship. They should all get the same treatment, most of all Owen.

Guest HGB1892

Harsh on the individual but not on the group of players who jumped ship. They should all get the same treatment, most of all Owen.

Fergie won't play him up here to protect his delicate ears.

Disagree with Jonas - didn't think he had a particularly great game as such, albeit it was decent and a few good runs. I can imagine he's a frustrating player to watch at times, doesn't look like he knows where he's going sometimes. That said, puts in a great shift.