Aston Villa

Ronaldo

We relegated WBA at Home, Brum away and Cardiff at home in last 10 years or so. We could have relegated WBA last season. In none of those games did we celebrate the other's club's demise. i am genuinely loving it and hope they get liquidated to the lowest tier of English football and have to start again as F.C. Villa of Aston.

We relegated WBA at Home, Brum away and Cardiff at home in last 10 years or so. We could have relegated WBA last season. In none of those games did we celebrate the other's club's demise. i am genuinely loving it and hope they get liquidated to the lowest tier of English football and have to start again as F.C. Villa of Aston.

Echo all these sentiments like, it's class :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

It's canny mad how many will happily tarnish all Villa fans with the brush of those few sad cunts at Villa Park that day, but would be the first to cry foul when other club's fans, the media etc talk shite about us being deluded Geordies who think we demand Champion's League football because of a few absolute knackers in our own support.

I'm all for rivalries and taking the piss, but clubs going out of existence is absolutely shit unless as Yorkie says it's MK Dons.

Absolutely shit unless it's a club you don't like? Wut?

Not at all. There are loads of clubs I don't like, but I wouldn't want them to not exist. MK Dons have no history to speak of aside from the one they stole from Wimbledon, that's why Yorkie singled them out, not just because they're disliked.

To be honest though none of those are as high profile, I won't use the word big, as us.  We might have behaved slightly differently had it been Everton for example

There will have been a lot of jealousy there from the Villa fans who gloated. I know they were far more successful than us in the 80s etc but we had the whole country talking about us at times in the 90s and 00s while they were a bit of a dull irrelevance.

It's canny mad how many will happily tarnish all Villa fans with the brush of those few sad cunts at Villa Park that day, but would be the first to cry foul when other club's fans, the media etc talk shite about us being deluded Geordies who think we demand Champion's League football because of a few absolute knackers in our own support.

I'm all for rivalries and taking the piss, but clubs going out of existence is absolutely shit unless as Yorkie says it's MK Dons.

Absolutely shit unless it's a club you don't like? Wut?

Not at all. There are loads of clubs I don't like, but I wouldn't want them to not exist. MK Dons have no history to speak of aside from the one they stole from Wimbledon, that's why Yorkie singled them out, not just because they're disliked.

:thup:

Did anyone read the Daily Mail article about it and see this part.

‘Tom Watson, deputy leader of the Labour party, has written to Matt Hancock, Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, to ask what practical steps are being taken by the government to ensure Villa's survival.

'It is inconceivable that a club of this size and history, with such economic and cultural importance to the local area, can simply be allowed to go out of business and disappear,' Watson wrote. 'It would be a national disgrace were that to occur.'’

What the fuck does he want the government to do? Boils my piss that. It’s  the clubs own fault why should the government help them. I’m sure Leeds, Portsmouth etc were all important to their local community and are historical clubs what makes Villa so special the pompous prick.

‘Tom Watson, deputy leader of the Labour party, has written to Matt Hancock, Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, to ask what practical steps are being taken by the government to ensure Villa's survival.

'It is inconceivable that a club of this size and history, with such economic and cultural importance to the local area, can simply be allowed to go out of business and disappear,' Watson wrote. 'It would be a national disgrace were that to occur.'’

What the fuck does he want the government to do? Boils my piss that. It’s  the clubs own fault why should the government help them. I’m sure Leeds, Portsmouth etc were all important to their local community and are historical clubs what makes Villa so special the pompous prick.

It's more about the fit for ownership test which clearly doesn't work.

Which is ruled by the FA/Premier league I thought ?

Which is ruled by the FA/Premier league I thought ?

The Culture Secretary can obviously nudge the FA , if he so desires. And let's be honest, it's long overdue if they do get chastised because there are way too many undesirables running football clubs. Something clearly isn't working.

Aye true, also am I just imagining this but don't the FIFA/UEFA ban countries if their governments interfere too much in the football, which makes things even more complicated if haven't just made that up.

There will have been a lot of jealousy there from the Villa fans who gloated. I know they were far more successful than us in the 80s etc but we had the whole country talking about us at times in the 90s and 00s while they were a bit of a dull irrelevance.

They won the league cup during that time.

To be honest though none of those are as high profile, I won't use the word big, as us.  We might have behaved slightly differently had it been Everton for example

Big IF there mind.  i would like to that happen so i could eat my words  :lol:

Aye true, also am I just imagining this but don't the FIFA/UEFA ban countries if their governments interfere too much in the football, which makes things even more complicated if haven't just made that up.

I don't honestly know but I'm guessing not judging by where the World Cup finals are being held . I guess they would if their palms aren't greased sufficiently.

True but the point still stands, I certainly wouldn't swap our Keegan/Robson eras for a League Cup.

They also have more PL point than us.  By 40 or so.  A good season and we’ll overtake them.