Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Guest bimpy474

Dont want Tayls picked for England, not yet anyway, no point in heightening his chances of getting injured, he can have a nice two week rest now like.

Still ridiculous that Jagielka, Smalling, Jones, Cahill, Lescott etc. are all getting caps and he's still nowhere near the squad. The former U21 captain makes a brilliant start to the season, helps his team to 3rd in the table and still doesn't even get a fucking mention by the manager.

Laughable this big boys/Southern bias like.

He has been pretty rock solid this season like, few incidents but positional, effort and calmness have impressed me. Also seems to be a plan to play the ball up to him from set pieces and he nods the ball back across rather than being in a position to score himself

Newcastle defender Steven Taylor has brushed off the disappointment of failing to make the latest England squad.

The former England Under-21 international was tipped to make Fabio Capello's latest selection, after playing a major part in Newcastle's outstanding start to the new season.

Despite being overlooked, Taylor insists the main thing is ensuring he maintains his form with Newcastle.

"If I've got my team-mates, my manager and the fans behind me - that's the most important thing," Taylor told the Shields Gazette.

"The manager said some nice things, which is fantastic.

"I'll just keep playing week in, week out, and hopefully we'll keep getting results. I'll let other people do the talking.

"My team-mates and manager have stuck by me, and the fans have been brilliant. Credit to them - I've got to thank everyone for helping me.

"Don't get me wrong, it's the greatest honour for a professional footballer to be called up for your country.

"If that chance comes along, I'll relish it. I'll just keep working hard and hopefully playing well for Newcastle, and see what happens."

Still ridiculous that Jagielka, Smalling, Jones, Cahill, Lescott etc. are all getting caps and he's still nowhere near the squad. The former U21 captain makes a brilliant start to the season, helps his team to 3rd in the table and still doesn't even get a fucking mention by the manager.

Yes - because Everton and Bolton are really part of the big boys.

Aye but they're slightly more southern than us :thup:

Guest bimpy474

Cahill part of a team with the worst defence in the Premiership called up.

Taylor part of a team with the best defence in the premiership not called up.

I can see the logic there Fabio you gargantuan shithouse.

Guest bimpy474

They're all better defenders than him. I don't remember many on here expecting a Kevin Nolan call-up last season.

Why ?, and in what way.

Guest bimpy474

Right now Taylors performances are lightyears ahead of Cahill, jag, rio and Terry. Lescott is crap, especially at NT level.

Smalling and Jones have been great mind.

Exactly and if you pick on form as Capello always bangs on a bit, Saylor should be in it, yet Cahill who is playing shite is ahead of him and Jagielka who isn't playing as well as Saylor gets picked.

Guest bimpy474

They're all better defenders than him. I don't remember many on here expecting a Kevin Nolan call-up last season.

Why ?, and in what way.

You're actually asking me why? :lol:

I'am because unlike you, you massive spacker i think Saylor is a good player, this season has proved that beyond doubt, and at his age he can only get better and better.

Rather proud of him tbh.

Still ridiculous that Jagielka, Smalling, Jones, Cahill, Lescott etc. are all getting caps and he's still nowhere near the squad. The former U21 captain makes a brilliant start to the season, helps his team to 3rd in the table and still doesn't even get a f***ing mention by the manager.

Of course.

Guest bimpy474

Smalling and Jones are much younger than him and Cahill is the same age. Why you're mentioning that I don't know.

Because he can get better, its quite relevent dont you think, as they might but as it stands he is a better player on current form than Cahill,  Jagielka and Terry.

The notion that Cahill is picked because he's a "big name" is ridiculous.

I'm not saying who should be picked ahead of who, but Gary Cahill is a Bolton player and Aston Villa reject, he has not been picked because he's big time, he's been picked because the management has decided he's good enough for the squad.

And I agree tbf.

I'd probably call up Saylor, but not to replace Cahill.

Smalling and Jones are much younger than him and Cahill is the same age. Why you're mentioning that I don't know.

Because he can get better, its quite relevent dont you think, as they might but as it stands he is a better player on current form than Cahill,  Jagielka and Terry.

Ah, because you saw Terry slip against Arsenal you conclude that Taylor is better 'on current form'.

Stop wasting my time, muppet.