Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'd not lose any sleep if I never saw him in a Newcastle shirt again to be honest. I know we don't know all the ins and outs of his contract situation but it's not as if he doesn't have form for trying to hold the club to ransom. I don't think he'll ever be a top quality centre back regardless of who he is playing alongside either.

Signing Williamson was the final nail in the coffin for Taylor. He came in, did the basics and really showed how poor of a defender Saylor is. He's also got Kadar breathing down his neck who looks like a fantastic prospect.

He did?  Taylor was pretty much faultless in the first half of the Championship season and since he's came back he hasn't done much wrong.  Campbell has been shaky and cost us a couple of goals.

I don't see the point in arguing this point because too many people are blinded by their hatred of Taylor on this forum but I think it's pretty sad some of the jibes at him.

I'd have been furious is Taylor wasn't capable of playing at Championship level given the amount of time he's had bluffing his way through games in the top flight. For a player that had never had the chance to prove himself at the top level Williamson's performances in this year have been very good, save for the odd moment. I don't think it's up for debate who the better defender is out of the two.

Taylor was f***ing awful yesterday, both our centre backs were. There was quite a few occasions when he switched off and played Liverpool onside. Simpson had a right go at him at least twice because he was dicking around and letting them in. Taylor's response? He waved his armed around a bit, gestured to the rest of the back four to push up and then did the same thing again a few minutes later.

It's not up for debate who's better out of the two?  I give up.

Thank God for that.

What's with the attitude?  Your bird get shagged by Taylor or something? 

I'd not lose any sleep if I never saw him in a Newcastle shirt again to be honest. I know we don't know all the ins and outs of his contract situation but it's not as if he doesn't have form for trying to hold the club to ransom. I don't think he'll ever be a top quality centre back regardless of who he is playing alongside either.

Signing Williamson was the final nail in the coffin for Taylor. He came in, did the basics and really showed how poor of a defender Saylor is. He's also got Kadar breathing down his neck who looks like a fantastic prospect.

He did?  Taylor was pretty much faultless in the first half of the Championship season and since he's came back he hasn't done much wrong.  Campbell has been shaky and cost us a couple of goals.

I don't see the point in arguing this point because too many people are blinded by their hatred of Taylor on this forum but I think it's pretty sad some of the jibes at him.

I'd have been furious is Taylor wasn't capable of playing at Championship level given the amount of time he's had bluffing his way through games in the top flight. For a player that had never had the chance to prove himself at the top level Williamson's performances in this year have been very good, save for the odd moment. I don't think it's up for debate who the better defender is out of the two.

Taylor was f***ing awful yesterday, both our centre backs were. There was quite a few occasions when he switched off and played Liverpool onside. Simpson had a right go at him at least twice because he was dicking around and letting them in. Taylor's response? He waved his armed around a bit, gestured to the rest of the back four to push up and then did the same thing again a few minutes later.

It's not up for debate who's better out of the two?  I give up.

Thank God for that.

What's with the attitude?  Your bird get shagged by Taylor or something? 

I wish. I'd have an excuse to rebreak his jaw ;)

I don't rate Taylor, I think he has got away with being shite for years on the back of the fact he's a local lad. Granted when he should've been learning he was forced to lead the line, something which has probably stunted his progress but in the cold light of day he's just not good enough. For someone who loves the club so much he's got an awful habit of dragging out contract negotiations to get his own way, although that's probably down to the fact he's represented by Paul Stretford. I think he can be quite easily replaced, if not in the transfer market then by Kadar.

Taylor was fucking awful yesterday, both our centre backs were. There was quite a few occasions when he switched off and played Liverpool onside. Simpson had a right go at him at least twice because he was dicking around and letting them in. Taylor's response? He waved his armed around a bit, gestured to the rest of the back four to push up and then did the same thing again a few minutes later.

He's world class at that like.

Fair enough.  I really rate Kadar but I'd still rather have Taylor ahead of him in the pecking order at the moment.

As for the contract situation, Taylor might be being a dick, who knows, I'll reserve judgement for now especially considering those in charge.

Fair enough.  I really rate Kadar but I'd still rather have Taylor ahead of him in the pecking order at the moment.

As for the contract situation, Taylor might be being a dick, who knows, I'll reserve judgement for now especially considering those in charge.

Taylor has form for this sort of thing, so I can't help but think he's being a bit of a knobber. In the time we've been negotiating with him we've tied down four first team players on improved deals.

Swapping Wheater for Taylor would be utterly pointless in terms of quality.

I agree. But i would be happy having him as backup, decent enough for that, and Willicini partnership will do for me this season. Just dont want us to loose taylor for nothing, and i would rather go with Willicini and put the money on a striker instead of improving that area with a more expensive defender

Guest toonlass

I have been told by someone ITK (I know, I know, but I don't usually do this) that Taylor wants £45k a week and NUFC won't pay that. Also that Taylor is unhappy about the stability of the club.

The club has to weigh up the cost of keeping him against the cost of replacing him.

I don't particularly want to see him go for nowt but I don't think he's that good and he could be replaced fairly cheaply. He's not Beckenbauer ffs, he's a big lad who's decent. £45k a week is taking the piss. Hope the club call his bluff and he ends up at somewhere like Coventry.