Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

can't understand some of the anti-taylor stuff on here. his performances last time in the prem were adequate and easily comparable to colo and williamson so far. he's not perfect and has his faults as do the other two but i always get the feeling that many don't like him as he seems to milk the crowd (much as their hero beye did) and then were put in a position of choosing between the clubs best forward and an injured centre half.

Sums it up. I've nothing against the guy really. I would if it's concrete fact that he's trying to mug us off on this new contract. But no one but the people involved really know. He's a more than adequate defender for a newly promoted club, and we're lucky that he's currently our level of back up. If we're tying him down on a fair wage then I'll be happy. Wouldn't ditch him for the sake of ditching him.

“It was music to my ears when he told me he wanted me to stay. That’s the best possible thing that could have happened to me.”

As opposed to Hughton who... told him he wanted him to stay. Didn't seem to mean much then.

“It was music to my ears when he told me he wanted me to stay. That’s the best possible thing that could have happened to me.”

As opposed to Hughton who... told him he wanted him to stay. Didn't seem to mean much then.

Hughton lacked authority. :shifty:

This make me sick I am sure he was one of the leak to tell the board this and that when CH was in charge...

This make me sick I am sure he was one of the leak to tell the board this and that when CH was in charge...

like what ?

Hughton lacked authority. :shifty:

True, it really doesn't help when you're being shit on by your line managers. Pardew will find out soon enough I'm sure.

can't understand some of the anti-taylor stuff on here. his performances last time in the prem were adequate and easily comparable to colo and williamson so far. he's not perfect and has his faults as do the other two but i always get the feeling that many don't like him as he seems to milk the crowd (much as their hero beye did) and then were put in a position of choosing between the clubs best forward and an injured centre half.

I don't think his performances were adequate in the Premier League, I'm willing to right it off as down to the poor midfield infront of him and numerous poor defensive partners, though. I don't think he's anywhere near the defender Coloccini is, however, and has also done NOTHING to prove himself any better than Williamson.

like what ?

I didn't even understand that.

I don't think his performances were adequate in the Premier League, I'm willing to right it off as down to the poor midfield infront of him and numerous poor defensive partners, though. I don't think he's anywhere near the defender Coloccini is, however, and has also done NOTHING to prove himself any better than Williamson.

williamson has at best been ok this season, as taylor was in his prem seasons. i also see a vast overating of colo taking place. taking the good from all three would give us one very good centre half.

williamson has at best been ok this season, as taylor was in his prem seasons. i also see a vast overating of colo taking place. taking the good from all three would give us one very good centre half.

Yes, I think Williamson's performances have probably been comparitive to Taylor's in the Premier League, I see little difference between them as players. I think you're underappreciating Coloccini, though. I'm pretty sure 90% would agree he is our best CB, nothing to do with him being overrated, just the general concensus reflecting each player's respective performances and importance to the team.

Yes, I think Williamson's performances have probably been comparitive to Taylor's in the Premier League, I see little difference between them as players. I think you're underappreciating Coloccini, though. I'm pretty sure 90% would agree he is our best CB, nothing to do with him being overrated, just the general concensus reflecting each player's respective performances and importance to the team.

defensivly taylor and williamson are similar, taylor is much better on the ball and will even attack when there's a gap. with colo i'm not convinced yet. a very poor first season then a season in a level below and this season when he's been good he's been very good but he's had too many ordinary games and he seldoms leads in the way he can and should do more often. in 16 league games so far he's looked very good in five or six.

i think krul can go on to become great, enrique is one of the best (if not best) full backs defensivly in the league but his distribution is what keeps him back, carroll will go on to be an international regular, tiote will go on to bigger and better things (hopefully with us)......they are the players i'd really panic about losing. then we have our centre halves plus barton,nolan and simpson who are good enough for now but aren't outstanding and we desperatly need wide players on either side plus a forward right away (i'm desperatly hoping rangers cameo v liverpool was the start of his carroll like improvement)

I actually agree with everything you've said madras, except I think Colo has been good/very good in every game this season bar the Bolton game. I think the need for Taylor to be good on the ball is not as necessary when Coloccini is alongside him, negating that advantage that he has over Williamson. For me it's always going to be Coloccini plus another with the current roster of CBs we have.

Second paragraph is absolutely spot on. We have a good nucleus of players and like many have said on here we're about 3 or 4 quality players in the right areas away from being a comfortable top half Premier League team.

Haven't we been going through this for the last 3 month or so? "Steven Taylor wants to stay in Newcastle" "Newcastle Manager wants to keep Taylor"  and then nothing happens? wtf.

Basically. Or AP has offered him more than he's worth

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Madness if that's true. £56k for Williamson - I can't say it.

I assumed he meant Willy was talking of Saylor's contract

:lol:

Hope so.