Steven Taylor

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Pretty much nailed on analysis.  The Taylor hate on here is ridiculous.

Were you there on Saturday? Genuine question, because if you were, I'd love to know which Taylor you were watching. The goal was only one of the many many times he was caught out at fullback.

But he isn't a full-back.

Solano, Duff and Pancrate have had games at full-back for us in recent years and were better than Taylor's showing against Everton. You would argue that playing CB and moving to RB is perhaps easier a transition than moving between full-back and winger, as Simpson showcased nicely for us at the weekend.

Why such a depth of hate for a player who is still on nowhere near what, say, Alan Smith is still coining in, and has done a pretty decent job for us all in all?

Before you start, Taylor was excellent for us last season and at least stood up to be counted the year before.

Cue the revisionist sheep.

Some of our "fans" badly need some perspective in their lives.

probably something to do with how he plays - he's titus mark 2, has clear weaknesses that cant be addressed in training i.e. they're psychological

how he acts - constantly lecturing others on the pitch while being rubbish

his attitude - he's been talking himself up for years and regularly blabs about which clubs want him and how he'll play for england, if i know this its not surprising that the talk is pretty widespread, newcastle's a small town.

above everything else, do you know what. he's just not good enough.

Never heard him say he will play for England. Never heard him say which clubs are after him.

Your idea of rubbish is different from mine. I watched us when we were genuinely crap.

alright then, he's not good enough to be first choice at the level nufc are at in 2011

Nor is Mike Williamson - we need a new centre-back. But my main problem is with the level of hate on a supposedly Newcastle-supporting board.

Being fair magorific, many people have never rated Taylor. Not everyone is suddenly changing their mind because of the Everton game.

So you're telling me that a significant proportion of the outright contempt on show here was being expressed two seasons ago? Give over Dave.

Why such a depth of hate for a player who is still on nowhere near what, say, Alan Smith is still coining in, and has done a pretty decent job for us all in all?

Before you start, Taylor was excellent for us last season and at least stood up to be counted the year before.

Cue the revisionist sheep.

Some of our "fans" badly need some perspective in their lives.

probably something to do with how he plays - he's titus mark 2, has clear weaknesses that cant be addressed in training i.e. they're psychological

how he acts - constantly lecturing others on the pitch while being rubbish

his attitude - he's been talking himself up for years and regularly blabs about which clubs want him and how he'll play for england, if i know this its not surprising that the talk is pretty widespread, newcastle's a small town.

above everything else, do you know what. he's just not good enough.

Never heard him say he will play for England. Never heard him say which clubs are after him.

Your idea of rubbish is different from mine. I watched us when we were genuinely crap.

alright then, he's not good enough to be first choice at the level nufc are at in 2011

Nor is Mike Williamson - we need a new centre-back. But my main problem is with the level of hate on a supposedly Newcastle-supporting board.

well its relative isnt it, i'm not gonna come on here and say what i think about david wheater, i dont give a fuck about him and neither does anyone else on here (i hope). i dont hate taylor, i reserve hatred for people like drogba who are massively talented but cheat all the time.

Being fair magorific, many people have never rated Taylor. Not everyone is suddenly changing their mind because of the Everton game.

So you're telling me that a significant proportion of the outright contempt on show here was being expressed two seasons ago? Give over Dave.

Opinion has always been polarised on him.

As you ask: http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,52510.msg1565347.html#msg1565347 onwards. Some just didn't and still don't rate him.

Pretty much nailed on analysis.  The Taylor hate on here is ridiculous.

Were you there on Saturday? Genuine question, because if you were, I'd love to know which Taylor you were watching. The goal was only one of the many many times he was caught out at fullback.

But he isn't a full-back.

Solano, Duff and Pancrate have had games at full-back for us in recent years and were better than Taylor's showing against Everton. You would argue that playing CB and moving to RB is perhaps easier a transition than moving between full-back and winger, as Simpson showcased nicely for us at the weekend.

Ffs - he had a bad game.  In the past he's had some pretty good games out at RB and indeed LB when he first started playing.  That didn't make him a great defender, no more than a bad game on Saturday makes him a crap defender.

In early 2009 there was a fair bit of comtempt for him on here. Even Yorkie had decided that the lad was complete crud.

In early 2009 there was a fair bit of comtempt for him on here. Even Yorkie had decided that the lad was complete crud.

more so because of his milking the crowd than performances.

he's as good as most outside the top5 in the prem. good centre half, not great, will get goals and is good enough going forward enough to balance out his gung -ho-edness and his best years are ahead of him.

as good as williamson though very different to him.

I don't think i've ever been really that sold on Taylor? I preferred him to Coloccini at the time, i suppose...

That said, if you can bring up a post where i love him to bits then i'll hold my hands up! Not sure if there is one though, can't really remember.

Never said there was.

Why the name-dropping then? :lol:

Because you've never really been one to be unduly harsh about players (Colo an obvious exception), yet I remember you laying into Saylor on a few occasions a couple of years back. You were one of many - the lad's stock was close to zero after his horrible start to 08-09 and almost everyone on here wanted Bassong and Colo on the pitch and Tayls nowhere near.

Good CBs generally look pretty good consistently.

true.............so ?

He hasn't. Not in this league anyway.

your saying he hasn't looked ok when he's played in the prem ?

He backs off from players who run at him. No doubt he'd be fantastic against Kevin Nolan but how does he cope against quality forwards running at him?? I've seen him end up on the goal line as a secondary keeper in a lot of those situations.

true.............so ?

He backs off from players who run at him. No doubt he'd be fantastic against Kevin Nolan but how does he cope against quality forwards running at him?? I've seen him end up on the goal line as a secondary keeper in a lot of those situations.

right so, as a centre half he backs off too much and lunges in too much............don't belive the hype kidda, watch the game and be honest.

may i also say again watch the everton equaliser to se if he 'backs off' too much. too much shit and player bias on this place.

true.............so ?

right so, as a centre half he backs off too much and lunges in too much............don't belive the hype kidda, watch the game and be honest.

It's called lack of football intelligence. I'm fairly sure he was described as the white Titus Bramble on these pages going back a few years. He makes Bramble look like Woodgate tbh.

true.............so ?

It's called lack of football intelligence. I'm fairly sure he was described as the white Titus Bramble on these pages going back a few years. He makes Bramble look like Woodgate tbh.

makes bramble look like woodgate ?     too many of the thick as s*** follow the opinion know f*** alls on here maybe,