Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Guest hobshobs

I hope when Shola dies he's buried underneath the Gallowgate Goals.

He'll no doubt arrive late for his own funeral, coming from an offside position of course.

Guest CheickMansour

I don't think this is that bad an idea. Shola seems happy to fill the bench and is realistically one of the better reserve strikers you could hope to have (if you aren't in Europe). As fourth or fifth choice, he's fine.

The real tragedy is not having four - vastly - better strikers in front of him. We should have gone all out to bring in another two quality strikers in addition to Ba. As it is, we only have the likes of Lovenkrands or Ranger (who should be out on loan) to fall back on. It's a bad situation to have.

Guest hobshobs

@lee_ryder Lee Ryder

Hearing that Shola Ameobi could be signing a new deal #nufc

43 seconds ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

FFS what have we got to do to get rid of the useless sack of s***.

The pre-season crowd trouble, visa problems, tweeting are fading into the background. The fans are lifted slightly by todays signing and the possibility of a decent forward arriving. Then it's back to the depths of despair that a club of this standing could possibly be ready to offer another contract to this abomination of a footballer!

Am I missing something? People on here are always complaining about money being spent inappropriately at NUFC, how we've got too much dead weight. Everyone is serious and sounds so disheartened about it and now we hear about the possibility of Shola being offered a new contract and people lighten up all of a sudden? How many people are actually joking here? Honestly, if he's offered anything more than a two year contract extension it tells me all I need to know about where NUFC are going

I'm sure during Bobby's tenure he signed a contract at some point... were you scared about our direction then? Shola is a useful member of our arsenal and will forever be NUFC.

Shola 4 Life.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'm sure during Bobby's tenure he signed a contract at some point... were you scared about our direction then? Shola is a useful member of our arsenal and will forever be NUFC.

Shola 4 Life.

2004 I think. Difference was he was 23 years old back then! :lol:

SSN interview today Pardew was asked about morale, and he replied along the lines of "A lot better than last week. The Obertan signing has helped, and Cheik Tiote is back which has helped, plus some more good news".

Now we know what it is  :celb:

Like Michael says, it's a bit different now. He's obviously only going to get worse which is hard to believe. I understand what you're saying, I like the lad, like his press conferences, he talks a lot of sense and he obviously loves Newcastle. I'd just not like to see him in a Newcastle shirt ever again. More than happy to take a role here after he finishes playing in some capacity, but can't face watching another one of his nothing displays