Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Did Ba come off for injury or tactical?

He won absolutely nothing, lost every header, every 50/50, we need to create something for him and play better football.

But in the 2nd half with just Shola upfront for large parts all we did was hoof the ball to him ffs man

I would've rathered see what Ba could do on his own if we were going to change to a 1 up front formation. We know what fucking Shola can/can't do. I don't care if it's Arsenal or not, we should've taken the chance.

Shola is just extremely inadequate.

Received the ball really well once and turned towards the byline where Obertan was waiting for the pass in space. Instead he then tried a drag back towards the centre, and promptly had the ball taken off him by the second centre back.

Obertan was already looking quite threatening at the time. Extremely frustrating human being is Shola.

Think the fact Pardew, who sees the players every day of the week, rates Shola over Best speaks volumes.

Horse shit backed up by Rob lee on Goals on Sunday last season who said Shola looked like a world beater in training but had never ever been able to transfer that ability and aptitude in training into a actual game.

What pisses me off the most, is his attitude on the pitch. Him just loafing around tells me he couldn't f***ing care less if we get a goal or not. I mean, we all (should) know he's a s*** footballer on this level, but he can at least try to backtrack one of his 39 passes gone missing during a match. My grandma can see he has nothing to offer, besides penalties and eating apples. And all the Sunderland hysteria with Shola is getting old.

Sooo, count on a hat-trick on Saturday boys!  :pow:

Guest hobshobs

He won absolutely nothing, lost every header, every 50/50, we need to create something for him and play better football.

You couldn't have been at the same game I was mate. There was one over riding difference between Ba and Ameobi. Ba chased and harried everything. Put more effort in yesterday than Ameobi did in the whole of last season. Yesterday Ameobi was his usual self, absolutely dire the whole time he was on. How may times was he offside, how many passes did he fluff, did he control the ball once. He is a DISGRACE.

You couldn't have been at the same game I was mate. There was one over riding difference between Ba and Ameobi. Ba chased and harried everything. Put more effort in yesterday than Ameobi did in the whole of last season. Yesterday Ameobi was his usual self, absolutely dire the whole time he was on. How may times was he offside, how many passes did he fluff, did he control the ball once. He is a DISGRACE.

Ba might have chased and harried but he won fuck all and offered nothing.

Ameobi is a clown, the difference between him and Ba yesterday is his circus juggling and clumsy clown shoes were our biggest threat upfront and that quite frankly is embarassing.

Also your mentioning of him never controlling the ball is absolute bollocks, it has been mentioned in this thread by others that his touch at times yesterday was very good.

Guest hobshobs

Ba might have chased and harried but he won f*** all and offered nothing.

Ameobi is a clown, the difference between him and Ba yesterday is his circus juggling and clumsy clown shoes were our biggest threat upfront and that quite frankly is embarassing.

Also your mentioning of him never controlling the ball is absolute bollocks, it has been mentioned in this thread by others that his touch at times yesterday was very good.

His touch was very good. *****Very good***** By his own standards maybe. He was crap yesterday, again. Granted, maybe not the crapest he's ever been, but he was crap yesterday. You say 'His touch at times yesterday was very good'. That's just dandy then, we now have a centre forward who has a nice touch at times. We're talking English Premiership here. A centre forward should have a good touch 90 to 95% of the time. Didn't have one shot or header at goal did he. He is useless.

Ba might have chased and harried but he won f*** all and offered nothing.

His touch was very good. *****Very good***** By his own standards maybe. He was crap yesterday, again. Granted, maybe not the crapest he's ever been, but he was crap yesterday. You say 'His touch at times yesterday was very good'. That's just dandy then, we now have a centre forward who has a nice touch at times. We're talking English Premiership here. A centre forward should have a good touch 90 to 95% of the time. Didn't have one shot or header at goal did he. He is useless.

We've known this for 10 years. I said he was a clown, I am not disputing that he isn't good enough. 10% is better than 0% and i'm afraid that is what him and Ba were at yesterday, in the Arsenal defenders back pocket, not helped by the midfield not moving or creating anything.

I'll happily pin Demba Ba's display on us playing Arsenal, as for Shola he should play against the mackems and then he'll have to play the game after because he'll have scored 5 goals, but after that he needs to be a sub and cover at best.

Can't see how his record of scoring against them in years gone by justifies picking him now tbh. He's done the business in years gone by but that's not enough to automatically throw him in on Saturday.

Can't see how his record of scoring against them in years gone by justifies picking him now tbh. He's done the business in years gone by but that's not enough to automatically throw him in on Saturday.

He'll be motivated against the mackems.

He'll be motivated against the mackems.

So would I.

It's not enough.