Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

Why the fuck was he selected ahead of Ba?

6 and 2 3's really as they're both a crock of shit.

At least ba appears to try though.

I hope you don't have kids.

After first day at school "got your A Levels yet? Ah fuck sake, my sons a failure, why god, WHY!!?" :lol:

To be fair mate, you're the one continually saying he's a very good player. We've hardly seen him reach the standards you're setting for him, have we?

After how many minutes though?

People will say "I don't give a fuck what he is done at other clubs" but they will be exactly the same people who were questioning potential strikers goalscoring records if they were low.

He has had about 2 games in total in terms of minutes but has set one up and hit the crossbar. He started slow but has looked like he is getting better.

If Man U gave Vidic and Evra as much time as people are giving Ba they would have been in the reserves and sold off at the first opportunity.

He is at a new club and obviously needs time to find his feet, if we had 2 competent forwards ahead of him then I could sort of understand why people weren't willing to put him in above others who were performing but the fact is we have Best then someone useless, giving Ba more time isn't going to be any worse than what we are currently doing and if he reverts to form we will have a very good striker.

To compare him to Shola and call him a sack of shit after the pitiful amount of minutes he has been given is cringeworthy and something that would probably be posted from RTG so we could laugh at if it was one of their players.

If last seasons West Ham could get him scoring goals as frequently as he was (and to be fair, looking at his career it was hardly a purple patch or out of character) then we should be able to get the same from him.

Basically it just makes me cringe the amount of patience some have with our players and in my opinion we look a bit of a joke to anyone looking in.

Why the fuck was he selected ahead of Ba?

6 and 2 3's really as they're both a crock of shit.

At least ba appears to try though.

I hope you don't have kids.

After first day at school "got your A Levels yet? Ah fuck sake, my sons a failure, why god, WHY!!?" :lol:

To be fair mate, you're the one continually saying he's a very good player. We've hardly seen him reach the standards you're setting for him, have we?

After how many minutes though?

People will say "I don't give a fuck what he is done at other clubs" but they will be exactly the same people who were questioning potential strikers goalscoring records if they were low.

He has had about 2 games in total in terms of minutes but has set one up and hit the crossbar. He started slow but has looked like he is getting better.

If Man U gave Vidic and Evra as much time as people are giving Ba they would have been in the reserves and sold off at the first opportunity.

He is at a new club and obviously needs time to find his feet, if we had 2 competent forwards ahead of him then I could sort of understand why people weren't willing to put him in above others who were performing but the fact is we have Best then someone useless, giving Ba more time isn't going to be any worse than what we are currently doing and if he reverts to form we will have a very good striker.

To compare him to Shola and call him a sack of shit after the pitiful amount of minutes he has been given is cringeworthy and something that would probably be posted from RTG so we could laugh at if it was one of their players.

If last seasons West Ham could get him scoring goals as frequently as he was (and to be fair, looking at his career it was hardly a purple patch or out of character) then we should be able to get the same from him.

Basically it just makes me cringe the amount of patience some have with our players and in my opinion we look a bit of a joke to anyone looking in.

Personally I don't give a shit what people looking in think, they don't watch our players like we do.

Fair comments like, it's still too early to judge and simply write him off I agree. Bit fucking worrying that we're still starting wank like Ameobi and Lovenkrands ahead of him though. He's worse than them shitehawks in training? Dear me.

Another thing hampering Ba is Pardew continuously changing our striking options.  All this chopping and changing isn't going to get him settled any quicker.

Best and Ba should be starting every game together as they are our best options, and it should only be changed if one of them is playing really shit.

Another thing hampering Ba is Pardew continuously changing our striking options.  All this chopping and changing isn't going to get him settled any quicker.

Best and Ba should be starting every game together as they are our best options, and it should only be changed if one of them is playing really s***.

:nods:

I wondered if when he was picked ahead of Ba if Pardew had done so as a wake up call for Ba, who did seem a lot more determined when he came on than he has been so far this season.

Shola was dreadful though, he can be not match fit but that is still no excuse for being lazy and constantly fouling your man whenever he did bother to challenge for the ball. The thing that got me most was when Jonas did good work to get to the side of the box down the flank and there was Shola stood facing him about 6 feet away, to pass to him would have been utterly pointless but Jonas could not cross it as Shola was in the fkn way and he just stood there.

Best and Ba should be starting every game together as they are our best options, and it should only be changed if one of them is playing really s***.

:nods:

:thup: just seems like common sense to me. Would be like starting Santon, him not having the best start then bringing him off at half time and playing Raylor again for the next few games.

Guest TheSummerOf69

This the Ba or the Shola thread?

Personally, unlike everyone else I seem to read at the moment, I quite like Shola. It wasn't his best game last night, but the midfield weren't giving much support to the strikers.

Yeah I know he can be frustrating, but I think he has something worthwhile to offer. He gives and makes himself time on the ball. It means he can look terribly lazy (as could the rather more skilled but equally lolloping Chris Waddle, Mathew Le Tissier or Glen Hoddle) but he can create time away from home for the rest of the team to get up, or alternatively find a key to unlock an over-crowded penalty area at home against the teams that come to defend. That unruffled quality is what makes him, unlike Barton, a terrific penalty taker.

People go away remembering the times he lollopingly got in the way of another of our players, or the times he should have done better with a chance, but not the times when he was a vital cog in a good move move by keeping and releasing the ball well under pressure.

The really frustrating thing is that he's always injured and playing on painkillers, but it's also to his credit that he's always prepared to. The season in the Championship could have done wonders for his confidence and willingness to go for goals - he was absolutely tearing the place up when we started that season until he got that long term injury, and instead the player made by that year was Carroll.

I hate virtually everything about Shola and can not fathom how someone so poor has been at Newcastle (or any professional club) so long.

Apart from being useless he is so lazy and it is fair to say my heart sinks whenever I see him anywhere near the team.

Its sad to say but each time he gets a nasty tackle and goes down I get a little bit excited.

Ba has a shot in the bar and a assist in less than 90 minutes total. Shola has nothing and he's started 3 games. Simple choice to play  Ba but Pardew must be fucking retarded.