Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

38 goals in 230 PL games is a lot worse than the lethal Emile Heskey and Kevin Davies. Makes me wonder if any striker can beat that from so many games.

I don't give a s*** about the SPL and it's completely f***ing irrelevant.

This is probably half the reason it's so s***, even Scottish people have abandoned their own game.

Oh definitely. My case is different though (English family/brought up to support Newcastle etc).

I know plenty of celtic/motherwell/rangers/kilmarnock ST holders but the majority of my mates are into English football.

Anyway, it's not as if I rate the bloke. His allround game is fucking terrible and he's put in some truly comical performances for us. Just don't think his goal record when looked at in terms to how often he's on the pitch is actually a particularly useful stick to beat him with. Infact, for somebody who's an upper Championship striker it's not that absymal.

He has 3 good performances a season.

Even then I think ya pushing it. Between him and Best I would rather have best as at least he works hard and you know what your going to get every game, he is at least consistent. Shola is just a total pile of shit. Although fair play to his professionalism and all that, he should have left 6 year ago

Guest ykmkmdd

I like Shola, I just can't help it.

Hope he scores today and lifts his top to reveal a "Why never me?" t-shirt underneath.

Hope he scores today and lifts his top to reveal a "Why never me?" t-shirt underneath.

If he had his brothers pace he may have been a better player, but even then his shooting would still be all over the place

If he had his brothers pace he may have been a better player, but even then his shooting would still be all over the place

in spells he's shown he has talent, seemingly lacks the drive to make it happen consistently.

Guest ykmkmdd

Oh, don't get me wrong I know he's pretty rubbish as a Premier League striker, I just like the bloke. Perhaps it's nostalgia as he's the last proper link we have with the great SBR side.

Oh, don't get me wrong I know he's pretty rubbish as a Premier League striker, I just like the bloke. Perhaps it's nostalgia as he's the last proper link we have with the great SBR side.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/04/28/article-1174334-04B1FC1A000005DC-693_468x367.jpg

Does anyone remember the game against Wigan last year at the JJB? In the second half, he plucked the ball from the air beautifully, showing great technique. Then all he had to do was slip in Lovenkrands(I think?) but he ended up passing straight to their defender. Summed up Shola for me.

As much as I dislike the Shola, if him starting means no Obertan and Benny on the wing then overall that's a positive move.

Well, it just means Shola is starting and nothing else.

He's been a waste of space for many years. Nothing has changed. When he buffed up after Allardyce came, he lost his agility and whatever little ability to turn and run with the ball he had, and he's been useless ever since.

As much as I dislike the Shola, if him starting means no Obertan and Benny on the wing then overall that's a positive move.

Well, it just means Shola is starting and nothing else.

He's been a waste of space for many years. Nothing has changed. When he buffed up after Allardyce came, he lost his agility and whatever little ability to turn and run with the ball he had, and he's been useless ever since.

In again for the height, has been given Helguson to mark at corners and free-kicks, will see how that pans out.

So we're playing him - our striker - because we need someone to mark their striker at corners and free-kicks?

:facepalm:

I'm sure that's not the only reason, we're looking to press them from the front - which explains the 4-4-2. He's due a goal.