Newcastle United 0 - 2 Blackpool - 11/9/10 - post match reaction from page 20

JH

We were s*** made them look way better than they were, cannot blame one player today for how poor we played. I think they thought it was going to be easy and did not put enough in from the off.

Had our chances mind they cleared off the line their keeper saved them a few times too.

All the Smith, Nolan threads are at it again when really Barton was just as s*** as any of them.

hughton waited way to long to make the changes, then had to go all out and make daft changes instead of acting sooner and keeping some kind of shape.

Lets not fall apart, we lost a home game to a s*** side wahooo, its the massive opposite reaction to beating Villa 6-0.. neither of the two games will shape our season.

I thought Barton was woeful. A real return to form - he can do it every once in a while when he's got a bee in his bonnet and is centre of attention but week in, week out, just plain not good enough. He didn't look any better last year against similar standard opposition - Guthrie, on the other hand, pissed it. For me, he's a much better player than Barton.

Barton's set pieces are f***ing terrible, so easy to defend.

Guthrie is nowhere near the standard of Barton.

Based on what? Nothing I've ever seen in a black and white shirt, that's for sure.

Never has a player lived off reputation so much, even more than Smith and Nolan. "Best midfielder" my arse, he never hides to be fair to him but 9 times out of 10 he offers nothing.

Totally disagree. By far our best midfielder, based on performances when he's match fit.

We were s*** made them look way better than they were, cannot blame one player today for how poor we played. I think they thought it was going to be easy and did not put enough in from the off.

Had our chances mind they cleared off the line their keeper saved them a few times too.

All the Smith, Nolan threads are at it again when really Barton was just as s*** as any of them.

hughton waited way to long to make the changes, then had to go all out and make daft changes instead of acting sooner and keeping some kind of shape.

Lets not fall apart, we lost a home game to a s*** side wahooo, its the massive opposite reaction to beating Villa 6-0.. neither of the two games will shape our season.

I thought Barton was woeful. A real return to form - he can do it every once in a while when he's got a bee in his bonnet and is centre of attention but week in, week out, just plain not good enough. He didn't look any better last year against similar standard opposition - Guthrie, on the other hand, pissed it. For me, he's a much better player than Barton.

Based on what? Nothing I've ever seen in a black and white shirt, that's for sure.

Never has a player lived off reputation so much, even more than Smith and Nolan. "Best midfielder" my arse, he never hides to be fair to him but 9 times out of 10 he offers nothing.

Totally disagree. By far our best midfielder, based on performances when he's match fit.

When? ???

I couldn't name five good games he's had for us.

He'd not put in one decent performance for us before the Villa game.

Congratulations Danny Guthrie you're the:

SAVIOUR OF THE WEEK!

I know, I know but the difference in the centre from the team that trounced a very similar Blackpool side was staggering.

Indeed.....  a lot of our possession issues today came from Barton giving it away or getting caught sleeping.. Guthrie is alert at all times.

Charlie Adam passed it at will today as Scholes did when we played Man ure.. All Adam did today was smack digital balls to try and sneak in behind Perch and Jose, was not so easy with Jose but Perch was missing a  lot, it was that kind of play that lead to their pen.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Guthrie would have made little different today as the whole team was poor. Very little movement from anyone, even on the flanks. Was just a really poor team showing, no singular scape goat, everyone was pretty poor.

I think I was watching a different game to everyone else.  We were much better than them, and how didn't win that game is beyond me. There 'keeper just had a ridiculously good game.

They scored two goals. We didn't.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Struggling to think of these brilliant saves tbh. One from Carroll near the end, the rest was down to poor finishing.

Aye the Carroll one when it was shot straight at him, but he was diving to his right so saved with his foot.

Think there was another good save 2nd half from Nolan? Dived to his left with a strong hand, and they cleared it.

But that's pretty much our shooting efforts throughout the game, and the rest, as Wullie said, were poorly finished rather than amazing GK - but the lad still had a good game.

Struggling to think of these brilliant saves tbh. One from Carroll near the end, the rest was down to poor finishing.

Aye very poor finishing.. and on JOSE fkn hell JOSE does mint to take on and beat two, bursts into the box players waiting.. WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?

Just back in. We just weren't good enough today, but in saying that we could have played until midnight and not scored. The whole midfield (excluding Barton) were awful - wingers crossing very poor, Alan Smith and Kevin Nolan looking yards off the pace. Carroll did well, but he might as well have been playing on his own for all the support Nolan offered to him. Where the hell was the defence for the 2nd goal? Colo was left at the back with 2 on 1 - naive at best.

So it's disappointing but also a wake up call/reality check for Hughton. If he wants us to win games, then he has the drop the immobile Smith and Nolan. We need an injection of pace in the midfield/up front.

Aye very poor finishing.. and on JOSE fkn hell JOSE does mint to take on and beat two, bursts into the box players waiting.. WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?

Same virus that Jonas suffers from tbh

Aye very poor finishing.. and on JOSE fkn hell JOSE does mint to take on and beat two, bursts into the box players waiting.. WHAT THE f*** WAS THAT?

Not to mention Collocini's ridiculous tackle. I thought he was going to see the red bt it wouldnt change a thing even if that was the case.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Aye very poor finishing.. and on JOSE fkn hell JOSE does mint to take on and beat two, bursts into the box players waiting.. WHAT THE f*** WAS THAT?

Not to mention Collocini's ridiculous tackle. I thought he was going to see the red bt it wouldnt change a thing even if that was the case.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought it was shocking.

I think I was watching a different game to everyone else.  We were much better than them, and how didn't win that game is beyond me. There 'keeper just had a ridiculously good game.

I agree. Blackpool did really well and we were far from perfect but the score was a travesty. And I actually think that Barton is starting to really look the part, now that he is fit. Still tries too many over-ambitious balls, but has real vision. And I did used to really hate him.

Forgot to add that I was quite impressed with Blackpool. Look organized and passed the ball around well. I think they'll be OK this season, based on that.

What riles me is that the top money their players will be on is £10k a week. Alan Smith and Nolan are probably on £100k+ a week between them. Madness.