Newcastle United 0 - 2 Blackpool - 11/9/10 - post match reaction from page 20

JH

Some of the fkn idiotic reactions on here... last season everyone was shocked I had lost my positivity.. I did not lose it.. I see now it was this place ripping it from me.

Over to you, let's hear all of the positives we've missed from todays game.

Thats it though TODAYS game not a season.. its one fkn game not the end of the world.

Thats it though TODAYS game not a season.. its one fkn game not the end of the world.

We can only comment about today, we could win against Everton and it wouldn't change anything about how we played today or the result.

Guest neesy111

I didn't say 'performance'- I said 'result'. Fulham and Liverpool don't compare to this.

I'd say the 1-0 defeat to Fulham was a worst result, as a point from that game would of kept us up.

Anycase as results go, the 3-2 to wolves in the FA cup is one of the worst I've seen.

Beaten at home by the worst team in the league and a rival. I can't think of a result worse than that since I've been a fan.

Hughton losing that game at home to Hull in the relegation season runs it close.

the home draw against derby as they were by far the better team on the day and the worst team the prem has known.

Guest malandro

I cannot believe that he brought on Lovenkrands ahead of Ben Arfa. Is he an imbecile or what?

Picking his favourites tbh.

Or showing some loyalty to the players who served him well last season? Giving them an opportunity to rise to the challenge rather than dumping them without a chance?

I’ve got my doubts about CH but I’m sure he knows HAB is a better player than Lovenkrands, and that today’s decision to bring PK on first was just good man management. The Nolan issue on the other hand appears to be something different altogether.

congrats to blackpool and i hope they survive in the prem with their brand of give it a go football.......could be a breath of fresh air if it works.

on to us........well if there's one bright spot then it's that that WILL be the last time we see alan smith in the first eleven outside of weakened cup teams and injury crises.

hughton has an excuse to play nolan next week as it's an away game and he doesn't like to play 2 up front away (added to joans being shocking so far this season) means he can blood ben arfa wide left.

further to todays debacle, i don't know whether to blame hughton or nolan as it seemed like nolan was making the decision for the first baffling substitution, and then things got worse, routledge off when he was looking the main threat ?

as echoed by someone else barton was ticking over nidely till he realised he had to do smiths shift aswell.

anyone see when ben arfs raped them down their left, got to the by line and cut it back to where we had 3 pillocks in a line, stood stock still side by side, not one thought to make a move towards the near post....shameful!

Sorry, we have no excuse for playing Nolan next week.  Ben Arfa will offer us far more if he's in the middle and given the freedom to go to either side.

we have no excuse but hughton will see it as one. (was my point)

Why are people acting as if this is a one off? Am I imagining the countless number of times we've thrown away games at home we should so easily have won? It's the reason we got kicked out the league in the first place.

Guest neesy111

I cannot believe that he brought on Lovenkrands ahead of Ben Arfa. Is he an imbecile or what?

Picking his favourites tbh.

Or showing some loyalty to the players who served him well last season? Giving them an opportunity to rise to the challenge rather than dumping them without a chance?

I’ve got my doubts about CH but I’m sure he knows HAB is a better player than Lovenkrands, and that today’s decision to bring PK on first was just good man management. The Nolan issue on the other hand appears to be something different altogether.

Good manager's are ruthless, and been pointed out Keegan did the same by selling our Top Goalscorer when we last got promoted.  It's a professional game and no manager should be showing any loyalty.

Guest neesy111

Why are people acting as if this is a one off? Am I imagining the countless number of times we've thrown away games at home we should so easily have won? It's the reason we got kicked out the league in the first place.

Total Agree, that is what I'm most pissed off about.  Do this across this season and we will get relegated again.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

This.

Tbh, I thought we were over this with Hughton, evidently not.

Bringing on a s*** footballer ahead of a good one is good man management? Right.

many managers have done it before when needs be. i ven remember ferguson bringing on dion dublin for scholes and the countless times bendtner came on for countless better arsenal players.

Guest neesy111

Doubt we'll have nearly 50k for the next home game, bet the extra that turned up today were expecting another goal glut.

Glory Hunters. :lol:

Just got back......they closed the A1 at lemming bar, so had to go home via Middlesbrough. I thought Blackpool got their tactics absolutely spot on. They knew our main threat was down our left so they banked up defensively on Jose and Jonas. They also knew our weakness was on the right which is where their main threats in the first half came. See how many cross field balls they played towards Perch! They probably also played on the fact that the Toon always disappoint when everyone expects of them, by keeping the ball and creating all the early chances. They managed to keep the crowd quiet and prevented early hysteria. To add to this too many of the team failed to turn up first half, possibly expecting Blackpool to lay down and die. Perch is definitely not good enough. Living in Nottingham, the locals were pleased to see him go as they never thought he was consistent enough to make the championship, let alone the premier. Why don't managers change at half time if it's not working.it took Nolan's intervention before subs appeared (Has Nolan become coach as well as player). Fresh blood, and someone with some passion was needed......bring on Stroller!!! Their keeper didn't have a blinder......see how many of those 14 shots went straight at him. I thought Barton was by far our best player, even though he misplaced many a pass.....at least he showed some passion. On reflection this was possibly the worst game to follow VILLA, as everyone was expecting!!! if we were playing Spurs or Everton, i' m sure we would have been up for it more. Next few weeks will show what Hughton is made of.

Guest neesy111

Just got back......they closed the A1 at lemming bar, so had to go home via Middlesbrough. I thought Blackpool got their tactics absolutely spot on. They knew our main threat was down our left so they banked up defensively on Jose and Jonas. They also knew our weakness was on the right which is where their main threats in the first half came. See how many cross field balls they played towards Perch! They probably also played on the fact that the Toon always disappoint when everyone expects of them, by keeping the ball and creating all the early chances. They managed to keep the crowd quiet and prevented early hysteria. To add to this too many of the team failed to turn up first half, possibly expecting Blackpool to lay down and die. Perch is definitely not good enough. Living in Nottingham, the locals were pleased to see him go as they never thought he was consistent enough to make the championship, let alone the premier. Why don't managers change at half time if it's not working.it took Nolan's intervention before subs appeared (Has Nolan become coach as well as player). Fresh blood, and someone with some passion was needed......bring on Stroller!!! Their keeper didn't have a blinder......see how many of those 14 shots went straight at him. I thought Barton was by far our best player, even though he misplaced many a pass.....at least he showed some passion. On reflection this was possibly the worst game to follow VILLA, as everyone was expecting!!! if we were playing Spurs or Everton, i' m sure we would have been up for it more. Next few weeks will show what Hughton is made of.

My EYES.  Please try to use a good format next time, makes it easier to read.