Newcastle United 0 - 2 Blackpool - 11/9/10 - post match reaction from page 20

JH

I really hope we're not going having to suffer the whole "Player X is fucking shite and should never play another game" tedium after every game we lose this year. Because there's going to be a fair few of them.

I know we were well below par but the over reaction is just that. Plus the tantrum of numerous fans walking out when Campbell scored the second. I noticed at Everton who were 3-1 down after 90 minutes still had a full ground. SJP would have been half empty if we'd been in the same situation. It's really important that the fans stick with the players this year.

:thup:

It was a hugely disappointing performance and result but it's very early in the season and hopefully we'll learn from it. Apart from Chelsea and Arsenal nobody's really got going yet.

That's something we should be taking advantage of though, not using as a defence for us being poor.

I really hope we're not going having to suffer the whole "Player X is fucking shite and should never play another game" tedium after every game we lose this year. Because there's going to be a fair few of them.

I know we were well below par but the over reaction is just that. Plus the tantrum of numerous fans walking out when Campbell scored the second. I noticed at Everton who were 3-1 down after 90 minutes still had a full ground. SJP would have been half empty if we'd been in the same situation. It's really important that the fans stick with the players this year.

It was a hugely disappointing performance and result but it's very early in the season and hopefully we'll learn from it. Apart from Chelsea and Arsenal nobody's really got going yet.

That's something we should be taking advantage of though, not using as a defence for us being poor.

It's not an excuse, and I agree it's a pity we've not built on our decent start. This was our most winnable game of the season on paper and unfortunately the players approached it as such.

It's not an excuse, and I agree it's a pity we've not built on our decent start. This was our most winnable game of the season on paper and unfortunately the players approached it as such.

:nods:

Although not just the players. :thup:

I deliberately avoided the word excuse.

We need to get something at Everton and then beat Stoke.

The danger is that this becomes the Hull result of our relegation season. That was a 2-0 defeat in similar circumstances, a result early on which no-one really expected to have much significance for us against a relegation cert who were having a good start and their time in the limelight.

Those 3 points were crucial. I believe we are in much better shape this time but the warning signs are clearly there.

The danger is that this becomes the Hull result of our relegation season. That was a 2-0 defeat in similar circumstances, a result early on which no-one really expected to have much significance for us against a relegation cert who were having a good start and their time in the limelight.

Those 3 points were crucial. I believe we are in much better shape this time but the warning signs are clearly there.

Do we? Really? Get ready for disappointment.

Yep, although some of the people on here won't ever change.

I really hope we're not going having to suffer the whole "Player X is f***ing s**** and should never play another game" tedium after every game we lose this year. Because there's going to be a fair few of them.

Completely agreed. We're going to lose 15-18 games this season even if we stay up, we knew this when we came up, and we're going to have some long hard matches.

I really hope we're not going having to suffer the whole "Player X is f***ing s**** and should never play another game" tedium after every game we lose this year. Because there's going to be a fair few of them.

Completely agreed. We're going to lose 15-18 games this season even if we stay up, we knew this when we came up, and we're going to have some long hard matches.

I agree in the sense that the total deconstruction of the team and usual scapegoat (Jonas & Barton) are blamed, it does highlight how players like Smith just are not good enough, and after RB should be our main position for improvement.

Guest johnson293

It was actually a 2-1 defeat to Hull - you forgot Xisco's consolation goal.

That Hull game was very different circumstances though - Keegan had just walked, and the crowd were baying for Ashleys blood, the 'cockney mafia' banners going round the ground, threatening 'Boycoutts' [sic] and the whole place was in turmoil.

The situation now is hardly the same as was then.

Lets hope they (the players) learn from it, and move on.

That Hull game was very different circumstances though - Keegan had just walked, and the crowd were baying for Ashleys blood, the 'cockney mafia' banners going round the ground, threatening 'Boycoutts' [sic] and the whole place was in turmoil.

So being in turmoil on and off the pitch and losing 2-1 at home to a relegation rival is a worse situation to be in than being buoyed by the great team spirit and momentum of being promoted as champions and losing 2-0 at home to a relegation rival?

Guest johnson293

So being in turmoil on and off the pitch and losing 2-1 at home to a relegation rival is a worse situation to be in than being buoyed by the great team spirit and momentum of being promoted as champions and losing 2-0 at home to a relegation rival?

Arguably, yes.

Its not even arguable.  The way we are playing this season compared to the way we were in 08/09 is much better.  We couldn't even get into the last third of the pitch back then let alone create chances. 

This really was one of those days, if Williamsons header had of been 6" to the left we would have won this game comfortably.

No panic.

Its not even arguable.  The way we are playing this season compared to the way we were in 08/09 is much better.  We couldn't even get into the last third of the pitch back then let alone create chances. 

This really was one of those days, if Williamsons header had of been 6" to the left we would have won this game comfortably.

No panic.

I agree with this, it was a very disappointing result but the context this time around is totally different.

If you really think back to what it was like in the relegation season, we're miles ahead now.

No panic.

I agree it was one of those days but in 08/09 under JFK we went on a little run in the autumn and had a few decent results which saw us within touching distance of 8th at one point after beating Aston Villa comfortably at home 2-0 so to say we couldn't get into the last 3rd or create chances then is wide of the mark (copyright Alan Oliver with 25 years on the United beat).