Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Surprised and disappointed to see Nolan being sold - this will come back and bite us on the backside, mark my words. Sure he's not the greatest player, but we will miss his leadership and experience. Am sure this will be a decision that has been made by Ashley and Llambias, with it having nothing to do with Pardew. Ashley is taking a huge risk in breaking up the dressing room to buy cheaper and younger players - I for one am not convinced. And also, is this part of the reason as to why they wanted the s/t money in so early?

They would be lucky to sell 10,000 season tickets if people knew Nolan was leaving.

You can't be serious.

I honestly have very little fears about this deal. As long as there is not a mass exodous after it, ie Jonas leaving, as Jose and Joey are pretty much off already. He's been great for us, but he's 28 and we're not going to be able to make money off of him in the future. This is just the business we have to go used to with the club going forward.

How much do you reckon we'll sell him for? The difference from this year and the next couple of years would probably be £1-2m. Nothing. It's more about getting him off the wage bill I reckon.

At least we haven't sold him on the day the window closes.

:undecided:

Thinking about it, it is still the middle of June, so there's plenty of time to bring in a replacement I guess :undecided:

But there's no doubt in my mind that he will be an absolutely massive loss to the team/dressing room. Honestly don't want him to leave. Best NUFC captain I've seen since Shearer.

I honestly have very little fears about this deal. As long as there is not a mass exodous after it, ie Jonas leaving, as Jose and Joey are pretty much off already. He's been great for us, but he's 28 and we're not going to be able to make money off of him in the future. This is just the business we have to go used to with the club going forward.

For me to be happy with this strategy we should BUY the replacement FIRST. For a number of seasons now we have sold players without replacing them, and then making some lame excuse that there was no time to replace the player. If you buy the replacement first, then the other clubs cant hold you over a barrel.

Surprised and disappointed to see Nolan being sold - this will come back and bite us on the backside, mark my words. Sure he's not the greatest player, but we will miss his leadership and experience. Am sure this will be a decision that has been made by Ashley and Llambias, with it having nothing to do with Pardew. Ashley is taking a huge risk in breaking up the dressing room to buy cheaper and younger players - I for one am not convinced. And also, is this part of the reason as to why they wanted the s/t money in so early?

They would be lucky to sell 10,000 season tickets if people knew Nolan was leaving.

You can't be serious.

:crazy2:

For me to be happy with this strategy we should BUY the replacement FIRST

We have.

How much do you reckon we'll sell him for? The difference from this year and the next couple of years would probably be £1-2m. Nothing. It's more about getting him off the wage bill I reckon.

We wouldn't sell him in two years. Contract talks had stopped, so he would more than likely leave on a few in two years, or for even cheaper in a year.

TheBig_Sam notBigSam

So once again Kevin Nolan is to suckle at my milky, innovative teat. Suckle well, my friend. You're home.

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

:lol:

This whole thing just doesnt sit well with me. Why would the club want to sell Nolan after his performance last season? 12 goals from the midfield is fantastic, and yet here we are selling him for what will probably fuck all in todays market? Also why would the player himself want to move down to the Championship after scoring 12 Premier League goals last season? Its a bizarre move, Pardew's track record doesnt exactly fill me with confidence, but lets hope he knows what he is doing with this.

Surely Ashley's strategy is clear to us all by now? It's all about maintaining an overall profit on transfers. Enrique is almost certain leave now he has genuine value, Barton's departure is likely, Tiote will certainly be cashed in on if he maintains his performances next season, and Arfa will provide a tidy profit after next season if he plays to his potential.

You think we will make a profit on Nolan and Barton?

Enrique will leave if he won't sign a new contract and has one year left, standard behaviour for most clubs that.

We wouldn't sell him in two years. Contract talks had stopped, so he would more than likely leave on a few in two years, or for even cheaper in a year.

We don't know that do we. The money we'll get for him though is peanuts. It's a rubbish sale by any means.

My biggest fear is that nothing would happen in the transfer window until the last week. How wrong can you be.

That's what comes with being a NUFC supporter I guess.

That strategy worked (just) last season, and got us relegated 2 seasons before that.

We have.

So you think that this is Cabaye, and if he gets injured, then what?? Half of last season we played with 1/2 a team, you have to have way more of a squad than we have. Ashley is a chancer, in that he just plans for us to scape by and get lucky that we wont get too many injuries to get us relegated.

Legend for his goals last year, but I would have been surprised if he managed to do it again for another season.

He probably knows that himself hence the league drop down.

This whole thing just doesnt sit well with me. Why would the club want to sell Nolan after his performance last season? 12 goals from the midfield is fantastic, and yet here we are selling him for what will probably fuck all in todays market?Also why would the player himself want to move down to the Championship after scoring 12 Premier League goals last season? Its a bizarre move, Pardew's track record doesnt exactly fill me with confidence, but lets hope he knows what he is doing with this.

Because no decent premier club wants him. As I predicted.

Guest johnson293

TheBig_Sam notBigSam

So once again Kevin Nolan is to suckle at my milky, innovative teat. Suckle well, my friend. You're home.

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

:lol:

:spit:

This whole thing just doesnt sit well with me. Why would the club want to sell Nolan after his performance last season? 12 goals from the midfield is fantastic, and yet here we are selling him for what will probably fuck all in todays market?Also why would the player himself want to move down to the Championship after scoring 12 Premier League goals last season? Its a bizarre move, Pardew's track record doesnt exactly fill me with confidence, but lets hope he knows what he is doing with this.

It's funny how many players who are so cheesed off at what Newcastle are offering end up flopping somewhere much worse.

We don't know that do we. The money we'll get for him though is peanuts. It's a rubbish sale by any means.

We don't, but that's the way things were looking. It will be interesting to discuss this after we find out the fee, if we ever do.

It's funny how many players who are so cheesed off at what Newcastle are offering end up flopping somewhere much worse.

I think Nolan will do well at West Ham though. Big Sam with his direct football should be right up his street.

That strategy worked (just) last season, and got us relegated 2 seasons before that.

We have.

So you think that this is Cabaye, and if he gets injured, then what?? Half of last season we played with 1/2 a team, you have to have way more of a squad than we have. Ashley is a chancer, in that he just plans for us to scape by and get lucky that we wont get too many injuries to get us relegated.

If he gets injured then we play Gosling I imagine, one thing I do know is the club won't want players on huge wages sat on the bench.

We have.

If he gets injured then we play Gosling I imagine, one thing I do know is the club won't want players on huge wages sat on the bench.

Gosling, who played for 20 mins last season???

Jeez, is this really you Derek? Man U had whom on their bench? And why such expensive players to largely sit?

The PL is about a SQUAD, we will never break into the top 6 with the threadbare squad we have.

Guest bimpy474

I was wondering with the fantastic team spirit that exists....if/when Nolan goes why wouldn't it get better, sometimes when a dominant personality leaves it can be a bit of a relief, others that were quieter may now step forward to be more vocal, it cant just be because of Nolan, Barton and Smith etc because if the team spirit is just down to them then that would be worrying.