Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

It's fair enough that there are people for and against Nolan being sold. It's a risk to some extent but for me the club is doing the right thing by trying to move on. If I'm wrong and things go tits up I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong and the critics were right. If the new players come in and do well, I hope those people who are slating the club now will do the same.

If we upgrade,as Nut is saying,what's the point of paying Nolan 24 months of his salary?

Because we should be building on what we've got, and building up the squad, competiton for places. Of course Nolan could have played plenty of games next season imo, injuries/suspensions/form... If we had to sell him to free some funds from his wage then that dosent sound promosing finanically.

Aye, people talk about "squad players" like they're never going to see a football pitch.

Would be nice to be able to mount a cup run by having a squad that could cope with it but why bother with trying to win anything when you can try and survive instead?

Compared to last season, we're Nolan down, Cabaye, Ben Arfa & Gosling up.

Gambling then - on both fitness and form.

If Gosling makes ten appearances for NUFC, I'll be surprised. Hope he does, and more, obviously.

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

2 sides to every story I suppose. Had Nolan REALLY wanted to stay for life, there was a good contract offer there. He chose to leave

"Believe it or don't" time.

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

2 sides to every story I suppose. Had Nolan REALLY wanted to stay for life, there was a good contract offer there. He chose to leave

That's weird. God knows what sweetner the gynormously headed one and his crooked son have offered him under the table.

It certainly clears the decks for Stephen Ireland does it not? I'd say the Ireland of a couple of years ago is a definite upgrade. Is it a risk worth taking.

Id be happy to see Ireland here VUT only if he can stay fit and recover some of that elusive form he had a couple of seasons ago.....

Where is all of this "he won't be able to repeat his goalscoring form next season" coming from? Why wouldn't he? I'm honestly astonished that so many people on here are rejoicing in the fact we've sold our best goal scorer for peanuts. How the f*** are we going to progress as a club when we just seem to be needlessly dismantling the core of our squad? Unbelievable. 

There's no guarantee that he would score as many goals, but apparently there is a guarantee that Cabaye will be better and without Nolan we're a better side (even though the most recent statistics point to exactly the opposite). :dontknow:

Hopefully that is the case (and especially now we have no choice) but I think people are being a bit simplistic about it.

It's worth the risk of replacing him with a French international midfielder who has just come in from the league winners in France. No gurantees for sure, but worth the risk. Especially if playing it safe is giving Nolan a 4/5 year deal, or whatever he was asking for. I can never remember. Very cheeky guy.

Fuck me, not again. Find someone who believes we should give him a new four or five year deal. Anyone. Otherwise GTFO with that straw man.

I tried arguing that it was better to sell him now than let him run his contract and resale value down, but that didn't seem to have much success!

I responded this earlier today. After bidding £1.5m last week, what makes you think we're suddenly receiving anything other than an absolutely meagre fee now, from the same relegated team? And with £30m still in our pocket from January who exactly are we about to tempt to the club that requires another ~£3m?

It certainly clears the decks for Stephen Ireland does it not? I'd say the Ireland of a couple of years ago is a definite upgrade. Is it a risk worth taking.

I wonder why we have gone quiet on him.

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

The man chose to turn down what is termed a "good" contract offer after professing his undying love and loyalty to this club.  He then chose to join a club in a lower division.  He could have been very well-paid and stayed at NUFC for a long time; he chose not to.  Best of luck to him in the Championship.  He will do well.  This club will certainly survive without a player who makes decisions like that.

Where is all of this "he won't be able to repeat his goalscoring form next season" coming from? Why wouldn't he? I'm honestly astonished that so many people on here are rejoicing in the fact we've sold our best goal scorer for peanuts. How the f*** are we going to progress as a club when we just seem to be needlessly dismantling the core of our squad? Unbelievable. 

There's no guarantee that he would score as many goals, but apparently there is a guarantee that Cabaye will be better and without Nolan we're a better side (even though the most recent statistics point to exactly the opposite). :dontknow:

Hopefully that is the case (and especially now we have no choice) but I think people are being a bit simplistic about it.

It's worth the risk of replacing him with a French international midfielder who has just come in from the league winners in France. No gurantees for sure, but worth the risk. Especially if playing it safe is giving Nolan a 4/5 year deal, or whatever he was asking for. I can never remember. Very cheeky guy.

f*** me, not again. Find someone who believes we should give him a new four or five year deal. Anyone. Otherwise GTFO with that straw man.

I tried arguing that it was better to sell him now than let him run his contract and resale value down, but that didn't seem to have much success!

I responded this earlier today. After bidding £1.5m last week, what makes you think we're suddenly receiving anything other than an absolutely meagre fee now, from the same relegated team? And with £30m still in our pocket from January who exactly are we about to tempt to the club that requires another ~£3m?

Just a thought but maybe Nolan wanted to go because they offered him a longer contract and guaranteed  first-team football so we accepted?

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

That's weird. God knows what sweetner the gynormously headed one and his crooked son have offered him under the table.

The rumour is £50k p/w basic salary with add ons that could take it up to around £70k p/w.

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

The rumour is £50k p/w basic salary with add ons that could take it up to around £70k p/w.

Don't believe that for one second. Ridiculous if true.

Ireland would be a disaster. Gardner for me is a much better option.

For all the talk of leadership, Nolan certainly rarely showed much leadership on the pitch, in that sense Barton is FAR more important and as a result is the one I'm more worried about losing.

'Guarantees'.

A few wise heads coupled with some of the homegrown lot who might stay (Noble, Collison, Hines etc) and they might do reet. Who knows, that league is a minefield only the mines are made of shit.

Ricardo Gardner next. :lol:

What odds on Diouf being the fourth one in? They're taking a mega gamble on promotion like, even with the spending I can see them being pipped by the likes of Leicester & Birmingham. They are fucked if they miss out.

Djorkaeff,Campo and Dkocha.

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

I doubt he means our contract offer would tie him down for life.  Just that we made a good offer and if he really wanted to be here so much he could have signed it.

No doubt West Ham are offering him something idiotic as usual, 5 years on 65k or something :lol:

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Don't believe that for one second. Ridiculous if true.

I thought the same when I heard it initially, but there are quite a few stories going around about the dildo twins dipping into their own pockets to try and bounce straight back up. Apparently they offered Demba Ba £50k p/w and a £500,000 bonus if he signed a new deal with them. Fat Sam is also on a very lucrative wage too, more than many managers in the top flight.

Ricardo Gardner next. :lol:

What odds on Diouf being the fourth one in? They're taking a mega gamble on promotion like, even with the spending I can see them being pipped by the likes of Leicester & Birmingham. They are fucked if they miss out.

It's like they looked at what Boro did when they went down and went "you know what, they didn't spend enough" :lol: