Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

How much do people on here think Nolan is worth out of interest?

Difficult to put a value on him for us since he's been so important for us, not only due to his leadership skills but also because he scores a number of important goals.

If I was pushed I'd have to say £5-6m. But I'd be reluctant to let him go.

:thup:

Why would he want to drop to a Championship club at this point in his career.  He knows he can still do a job at this level and if we did want to sell him, then I am sure he would have other options.

Wonder if Pardew has a say in any of this.

I don't think Nolan's got a price. He's too important to sell for his true value, and you won't get too much for what his value's worth. It's Similar to Shearer in his last couple of seasons, his value was probably around £5-6m in 2003-4 when Liverpool were keen, but he was far important to sell, and couldn't replace him with that cash.

For what it's worth, someone posted this on Toontastic on 4th June.

Hello,

Dont shoot the messenger but I have been told by a very reliable source Nolan has turned down a "derisory" contract offer from Newcastle and has agreed a deal to join West Ham, yes WEST HAM!

As I said dont shoot the messenger, You may be sceptical as I was but time will tell.

That's from before the contract stuff came out, let alone news of this bid.

I would take 5m for him.

Looking at his goals this season I don't think he'll be very effective in the small, pacey midfield we are building. He needs to play off a big front man so his scoring next season will depend on how much Ameobi and Best play. He also depends on quality crosses / corners usually from Barton, there is no guarantee of the same delivery this season if Barton is on his way or becomes a bench warmer.

Newcastle 6-0 Aston Villa     (31) Carroll knock down from Enrique Cross.

(87) Ameobi knock down from Barton Corner.

Newcastle 1-2 Stoke         (43) Penalty. Carroll bundled down by Huth.

West Ham 1-2 Newcastle (23) Carroll knock down from Barton Cross.

Newcastle 5-1 Sunderland   (26) Ameobi knock down from Barton Corner.

(34) Carroll assist / attempted shot.

(75) Ameobi knock down from Barton Corner.

Newcastle 3-1 Liverpool     (15) Carroll knock down from Barton Free Kick.

Newcastle 5-0 West Ham   (45) Poor clearance, side footed home 15 yards.

Sunderland 1-1 Newcastle   (52) Ameobi headed effort from a Barton Corner, backheeled in from a yard out.

Newcastle 1-1 Bolton         (13) Header from Tiote Cross.

Newcastle 4-1 Wolverhampton (22) Long Ball. Knock down by Ameobi.

Of course his leadership is important, but if we could only hold on to one of the two, I'd prefer that we kept Barton.

Guest sicko2ndbest

For what it's worth, someone posted this on Toontastic on 4th June.

Hello,

Dont shoot the messenger but I have been told by a very reliable source Nolan has turned down a "derisory" contract offer from Newcastle and has agreed a deal to join West Ham, yes WEST HAM!

As I said dont shoot the messenger, You may be sceptical as I was but time will tell.

That's from before the contract stuff came out, let alone news of this bid.

Big sam going there 2 + 2

Guest neesy111

Wouldn't be the first time that we regret letting our captain leave to West Ham.

Parker, get out of here.

Parker was showed up by Nicky Butt in his last season here which says everything about him.

Wouldn't be the first time that we regret letting our captain leave to West Ham.

Parker, get out of here.

Parker was showed up by Nicky Butt in his last season here which says everything about him.

:lol:  :nope:

Parker, get out of here.

Parker was replaced by Barton. Also, we probably wouldn't have gone down with Parker in there instead of Butt.

The problem with Parker wasn't himself, but Roeder who played him as 'our Gerrard'.

Guest neesy111

Parker, get out of here.

Parker was replaced by Barton. Also, we probably wouldn't have gone down with Parker in there instead of Butt.

The problem with Parker wasn't himself, but Roeder who played him as 'our Gerrard'.

Parker's problem is Parker.  He's shit.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

That and Parker was playing with Glandular Fever. He gets far too much stick on here, which I never understand. He's not as good as SSN herald him to be, but he's no way as craptastic as N-O make him out to be either.

That and Parker was playing with Glandular Fever. He gets far too much stick on here, which I never understand. He's not as good as SSN herald him to be, but he's no way as craptastic as N-O make him out to be either.

True.

Parker, get out of here.

Parker's problem is Parker.  He's shit.

Not true.

Spot on. :thup:

Guest neesy111

Parker's best performances came straight after he came back from glandular fever FWIW.  He is crap, but many people are just blinded by his 100% attitude.

I'm a huge Nolan fan and I think his impact in the dressing room means any transfer will be bad news for us but from a purely footballing point of view I'm struggling to think where he'll fit in next season if Cabaye signs, especially if Gosling gets fit too.

Oh, and Parker was shite. We were well rid of him.

Parker's best performances came straight after he came back from glandular fever FWIW.  He is crap, but many people are just blinded by his 100% attitude.

He had glendular fever at the end of the 05/06 season (Reason why Given was captain in Shearer's absence). His next game was pre-season/intertot cup. So I doubt that.