Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Guest bimpy474

Seems to be a hugely negative reaction to this news. I don't get it.

Team spirit can be built in many ways, not solely due to one player, the dressing room will recover from this sale and move on.

Also, on the pitch, Kevin Nolan plays a full 90 minutes and doesn't score. 9 times out of 10 we don't realise he was ever on the pitch.

Plus, where was the Premier League interest in him? The only club and manager combo daft enough to offer him the contract he wants? Fat Sam and West Ham. You couldn't make it up.

I hate to say I have faith in this board but I think they've done the right thingin this instance. I just hope we move on from this with signings that prove they made the right decision.

:thup:

Its not so much about who's going, its really going to be about who comes in and how many, if 3 or 4 QUALITY players come in the next few weeks, Nolan leaving will be old news and forgotten to an extent but if nobody comes in then thats when the worrying should start, rightly so as well.

The next 3 weeks are going to show our ambition or lack of it.

Nolan is good at stealth ninja goalscoring when two strikers are ahead of him taking all the attention. Thats fine, but appearently he forgets to take his stealth cloak off again when we loose the ball...

Also Nolan just had the perfect opportunity to get a good contract. He just scored 12 PL goals, doubt he'll do it again next season but others might think so and thats why he's pushing to securing a deal while statistics are telling others he's a class act.

Tiote quite clearly does Nolan's leg work for him in midfield, I'm surprised anyone would dispute that.

Nolan got the 5th highest card count in the league. No doubt because he had to cover for Tiote who couldn't afford to tackle because he was already on a card.

Nolans got the 5th highest card count in the league yet he's totally ineffective defensively.

Team spirit can be built in many ways, not solely due to one player, the dressing room will recover from this sale and move on.

Also, on the pitch, Kevin Nolan plays a full 90 minutes and doesn't score. 9 times out of 10 we don't realise he was ever on the pitch.

Plus, where was the Premier League interest in him? The only club and manager combo daft enough to offer him the contract he wants? Fat Sam and West Ham. You couldn't make it up.

I hate to say I have faith in this board but I think they've done the right thingin this instance. I just hope we move on from this with signings that prove they made the right decision.

Not just one player they're selling though because the likes of barton and enrique are next  to leave the circus run by the biggest and dafest clown of all time, mike ashley. And who are we bringing in? Neil f**king Taylor and some lille player with f*ck all premier league experience.

Come on man, if you go for players with Premier League experience then 90% of the time you over pay.

There are countless examples of players who have no Premier League experience and come in and do well.

We signed Tiote for, what, £3.5m from FC Twente? If we sold him to a Premier League team now, how much would he be worth? £15m+?

Tiote quite clearly does Nolan's leg work for him in midfield, I'm surprised anyone would dispute that.

Nolan got the 5th highest card count in the league. No doubt because he had to cover for Tiote who couldn't afford to tackle because he was already on a card.

So you don't think Tiote done the majority of Nolan's leg work for him?

A simple yes or no will do.

Nobody's arguing the negative aspects of Nolan's game, or that he has moved on per se, it's the fact that Ashley and his cronies don't have a good record of finding adequate replacements which worries most of us who've been paying attention to the larger picture, and going by historical records.

Anyways, let's, as always, hold the swords back until the transfer window closes.

Nobody's arguing the negative aspects of Nolan's game, or that he has moved on per se, it's the fact that Ashley and his cronies don't have a good record of finding adequate replacements which worries most of us who've been paying attention to the larger picture, and going by historical records.

Anyways, let's, as always, hold the swords back until the transfer window closes.

In this case though, they've already signed a player who is significantly better than Nolan (probably). Obviously we need a biggter squad though.

Defensively? Aye, probably. Some might say that's his fucking job. Some might say Nolan did Tiote's work in the attacking third of the pitch.

Defensively? Aye, probably. Some might say that's his fucking job. Some might say Nolan did Tiote's work in the attacking third of the pitch.

Nolan did very little when we were building up attacks either tbf, his only contribution was finding himself in the right place when the ball fell at his feet in the box, other than that he was carried.

Would he get 12 goals in the Premiership next season? I doubt it.

Is he good enough for a team wanting to crack the top 10? Not for me he isn't.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Not just one player they're selling though because the likes of barton and enrique are next  to leave the circus run by the biggest and dafest clown of all time, mike ashley. And who are we bringing in? Neil f**king Taylor and some lille player with f*ck all premier league experience.

Come on man, if you go for players with Premier League experience then 90% of the time you over pay.

There are countless examples of players who have no Premier League experience and come in and do well.

We signed Tiote for, what, £3.5m from FC Twente? If we sold him to a Premier League team now, how much would he be worth? £15m+?

Tiote is not worth 15 million no club would pay that for him 8 million would be more like it he is very good for us but he is no michael essien.

Not just one player they're selling though because the likes of barton and enrique are next  to leave the circus run by the biggest and dafest clown of all time, mike ashley. And who are we bringing in? Neil f**king Taylor and some lille player with f*ck all premier league experience.

Tiote is not worth 15 million no club would pay that for him 8 million would be more like it he is very good for us but he is no michael essien.

Roy man. Great stuff.

Not just one player they're selling though because the likes of barton and enrique are next  to leave the circus run by the biggest and dafest clown of all time, mike ashley. And who are we bringing in? Neil f**king Taylor and some lille player with f*ck all premier league experience.

:dowie:

Couldn't agree more that Essien is superior but he cost £24m.

Tiote is worth at least £15m in the current climate imo.

Guest johnson293

The opening post of this very thread (from just 9 months ago) is quite a contrast to the (apparent) bulk of feeling 163 pages on!

The opening post of this very thread (from just 9 months ago) is quite a contrast to the majority of feeling 163 pages on!

Lot of posters crying over this were killing him at the start of the thread.  :lol: