Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

buying a central midfielder should now be a top priority. if we go out and spend a sizeable figure on a Martin, Adam, M'Vila type and have Cabaye-Tiote and the new guy in a three man midfield then this transfer may just about be worth it in moving us to the next level.

of course it would've made more sense to move out marginal or dross figures first (guthrie, gosling, smith, raylor) rather than our inspirational leader, and i have little faith that the board are pressing for another midfielder. i also think the players we've started to be linked to now are mid-table players and we should be looking for better, or players who might be a bit rough now but have potential to be bigger successes than the likes of erdinc, gardner, barnetta. so it's a worrying time to be an nufc fan.

personally i'd use the wages and fee accrued from shifting Nolan to go after Sturridge. £18m bid to test chelsea's resolve. /wishfulforwardthinking

So a midfield should be top priority but you want us to spend the fee and wages on a striker?

Also worrying times replacing the likes of Nolan with Barnetta?! :lol:

Oh my god. I'm reading on here that Nolan is going to get the wage bill down, that he should be kept on even if just for his influence off the park, that season tickets would only be 10,000 if this had gone through before the deadline. Get real.

For the first time in a long time we've got people in charge who will not let the club continue to be crippled financially by paying massive salaries to players who are past or close to being past there best. (Butt, Geremi, Smith, etc). OK I know Nolan scored a few goals last season but his legs are gone. Things need freshened up big time and at least the club are taking action now.

A section of our support actually sing the praises of Ameobi. Jeez this guy is about as laid back as it gets. Yet some say he should stay because he's a cult figure. Get rid and boot Lovenkrands at the same time. Shola Ameobi is a joke, no commitment, effort, nothing yet still some sing his praises.

Nolan has been preaching for years how much he loves The Toon. Telling all and sundry over and over again. Shouts from the rooftops that we musn't slip up at the likes of Stevenage because of not having the right attitude. Yet who was one of the biggest culprits. Out paced and out fought by players leagues below all night. Earn his money as captain that day. I don't think so.

If he loved it here then he has two years on his contract. But a longer deal at West Ham suits better. Not to mention that he'll not be exposed in midfield because the ball will be flying back and forward over his head at the command of Hypo heed Allardyce.

Smith, Nolan, Ameobi, Guitierrez and Jose who can't even communicate with his employers can all go for me.

Rant over. Goodnight.

Aside from mentioning Guitierrez not too much to disagree with there. (Unless Enrique also has a sudden change of heart and signs up).

Enrique will be the big loss, Gutierrez is still important too, depending on who comes in.

Oh my god. I'm reading on here that Nolan is going to get the wage bill down, that he should be kept on even if just for his influence off the park, that season tickets would only be 10,000 if this had gone through before the deadline. Get real.

For the first time in a long time we've got people in charge who will not let the club continue to be crippled financially by paying massive salaries to players who are past or close to being past there best. (Butt, Geremi, Smith, etc). OK I know Nolan scored a few goals last season but his legs are gone. Things need freshened up big time and at least the club are taking action now.

A section of our support actually sing the praises of Ameobi. Jeez this guy is about as laid back as it gets. Yet some say he should stay because he's a cult figure. Get rid and boot Lovenkrands at the same time. Shola Ameobi is a joke, no commitment, effort, nothing yet still some sing his praises.

Nolan has been preaching for years how much he loves The Toon. Telling all and sundry over and over again. Shouts from the rooftops that we musn't slip up at the likes of Stevenage because of not having the right attitude. Yet who was one of the biggest culprits. Out paced and out fought by players leagues below all night. Earn his money as captain that day. I don't think so.

If he loved it here then he has two years on his contract. But a longer deal at West Ham suits better. Not to mention that he'll not be exposed in midfield because the ball will be flying back and forward over his head at the command of Hypo heed Allardyce.

Smith, Nolan, Ameobi, Guitierrez and Jose who can't even communicate with his employers can all go for me.

Rant over. Goodnight.

Aside from mentioning Guitierrez not too much to disagree with there. (Unless Enrique also has a sudden change of heart and signs up).

You could disagree about slating Nolan for the Stevenage game. Cup upsets happen all the time, are we really going to judge his Newcastle career and the reasons for selling him on one game.

Guest Antec

Rant over. Goodnight.

clueless.

Jose and Jonas are two of our better players, i'd rather have them in the squad tyvm.

As for Nolan at Stevenage - Tiote didn't exactly cover himself in glory that day - should we get rid of him too?

Get rid of Shola and Loven? Don't think many would disagree, but it's easier said than done, and you first need to replace them. we're already short on strikers before you consider letting anyone go.

If he has two years on his contract we should keep him for another year and get rid when it suits us, when we're in a stronger position to transition. i doubt he is on massive wages coming from Bolton and whether people like it or not he was a huge player for us last season.

so many fucking holes in that post, and yet the same dimwits will be praising it to high heavens.

:clap:

Guest Antec

It's funny seeing how sentimental people get over players, especially average one's like Nolan.

Agreed, I was devastated when we sold Steven Spence

It's funny seeing how sentimental people get over players, especially average one's like Nolan.

It's funny how people have emotions about football. Let's get rid of all football fans and replace them with androids.

Whilst Nolan is a good guy and a popular person in the dresing room, he wouldn't have been a starter next season anyway.

He has a good knack for getting in the right place at the right time and scoring a few goals, but he was also invisible a lot of the time and couldn't get into games at all.

I like him and appreciate the job he did as captain for us, but it's really not the end of the world.  Just need to make sure we get a more bodies in.

It was what he had done in the last two years that generated such sentiment imo. He made a massive contribution in the Championship in getting us back up and all that.

Then he scored 12 goals last season, 3 of which were against the Mackems in one of the highlights of the season. Without his goals, we would have arguably went down.

Just back, don't know if this has been posted before:

Two new signings

West Ham United have issued the following statement regarding the club's transfer activity

SendSend PrintPrint RssRSS

West Ham United can confirm that the club hope to announce two new signings within the next 24 hours.

Both prospective arrivals are proven Premier League players and will add greatly to new manager Sam Allardyce's first-team squad ahead of the 2011/12 season.

The Hammers have already brought in experienced Senegal centre-back Abdoulaye Faye and expect to make at least seven signings this summer. Everybody at the club is determined to gain promotion from the npower Championship at the first attempt.

You will hear about every new arrival first on the club's official website whufc.com and the official twitter feed here. Watch this space for updates.

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20110615/two-new-signings_2236884_2376810

when you take the sentiment out of it, you get an idea of Nolan's real value. He's gone to West Ham and dropped a division. Why is that I wonder? Why the lack of interest in such a "crucial player"?

Two new signings

West Ham United have issued the following statement regarding the club's transfer activity

West Ham United can confirm that the club hope to announce two new signings within the next 24 hours.

Both prospective arrivals are proven Premier League players and will add greatly to new manager Sam Allardyce's first-team squad ahead of the 2011/12 season.

The Hammers have already brought in experienced Senegal centre-back Abdoulaye Faye and expect to make at least seven signings this summer. Everybody at the club is determined to gain promotion from the npower Championship at the first attempt.

You will hear about every new arrival first on the club's official website whufc.com and the official twitter feed here. Watch this space for updates.

Dear God, please let the other one be Smith.

Two new signings

Smith also maybe.... Hope...

Two new signings

Please be Smith.

Guest taps01

Two new signings

Dear God, please let the other one be Smith.

My first thought!

Weird isn't it, you'd think he'd scored 30 goals for us from centre midfield in the last 2 seasons or something.

;D

It was what he had done in the last two years that generated such sentiment imo. He made a massive contribution in the Championship in getting us back up and all that.

Then he scored 12 goals last season, 3 of which were against the Mackems in one of the highlights of the season. Without his goals, we would have arguably went down.

Or with a decent midfielder that contributed more to our general play we might have finished top half.