Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

FWIW

What's your analysis, Stu? All I see there are contradictions and your opinion. You're asking people to expand on their opinions, and move away from 'soundbites', yet you've used several yourself. I know you champion Nolan, and feel like you need to defend him whenever possible, but I'd love to see (figures, graphs, etc) what you see that other people don't.

For what its worth, in a 3 game analysis for Newcastle United (Tottenham, Fulham & Arsenal), Kevin Nolan as CM played the fewest passes (most of which were dump passes to a more creative player), the fewest tackles, fewest interceptions, and his average position was dead on the half way line. Once I've submitted the work, I'll post it up on the forum in the tactics thread, so people can read it.

Fair play if you do, but I don't really see what points I've made that I haven't provided some sort of support to go with it (if able to). I don't see Nolan as a creative player, I see him as a tidy distributor who tries to get on the end of attacking situations.

His most improtant work comes off the ball and in the dressing room by leading the team.

You're only allowed to like Tiote and Enrique man Stu you fool.

quite probable. also canny to see was harper saying "i know" to the gallowgate after f***ing up another clearance.

Harper was doing some serious time wasting in the 2nd half.  A ball boy was going to hit the ball to him and Harper told him to leave it.

quite probable. also canny to see was harper saying "i know" to the gallowgate after f***ing up another clearance.

Harper was doing some serious time wasting in the 2nd half.  A ball boy was going to hit the ball to him and Harper told him to leave it.

i'd like to see a trial game where the ref didn't keep the time. the watch is stopped when the ball is dead and see how long it lasts.

i'd like to see a trial game where the ref didn't keep the time. the watch is stopped when the ball is dead and see how long it lasts.

I'd guess at the ball being dead for about 20% of the game.

I'd guess at the ball deing dead for about 20% of the game.

I'm sure when we played Stoke in the relegation season the ball was in play for less than 45 mins or something daft like that.

We'd be there all fucking night :lol:

How long the ball isn't officially "in play"?

I'd go for a third.

How long the ball isn't officially "in play"?

I'd go for a third.

sky used to do it in their stats and it was normally around 65%

Sure you used to be able to choose that on FIFA.

He may have worked hard by his own standards as he looked knackered but its hardly a compliment.

While Tiote was covering the whole of the midfield, Nolan was standing in front of the CBs.

Nolan will never be a Tiote type player though, that's why we have Tiote.

It's like saying Shearer wasn't skinning defenders like Bellamy did.

There's more to playing in the midfield than passing statistics, shots, tackles, or even touches of the ball. It's as much about being able to hold the shape of the team by being in the right positions - something that Nolan and Tiote are both very good at, whereas a lot of midfielders in this country seem to struggle; and that - combined with Tiote's athleticism and Nolan's leadership - is part of the reason why we've been more effective as a team with those two in the middle.

He may have worked hard by his own standards as he looked knackered but its hardly a compliment.

While Tiote was covering the whole of the midfield, Nolan was standing in front of the CBs.

Tiote shouldn't have to cover the whole midfield when Nolan stands two yards in front of Coloccini though should he?

No need to reply to this Stu just post the Kinnear dog as you usually do.

There's more to playing in the midfield than passing statistics, shots, tackles, or even touches of the ball. It's as much about being able to hold the shape of the team by being in the right positions - something that Nolan and Tiote are both very good at, whereas a lot of midfielders in this country seem to struggle; and that - combined with Tiote's athleticism and Nolan's leadership - is part of the reason why we've been more effective as a team with those two in the middle.

:thup:

Tiote shouldn't have to cover the whole midfield when Nolan stands two yards in front of Coloccini though should he?

No need to reply to this Stu just post the Kinnear dog as you usually do.

:kinnear:

(What question are you trying to ask?)