Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

Unless we sign someone genuinely amazing (not Martins standard), the number 9 is up for grabs for next season.

Nolan has earned the shirt in my opinion.

:spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit:

Unless we sign someone genuinely amazing (not Martins standard), the number 9 is up for grabs for next season.

Nolan has earned the shirt in my opinion.

:lol: Come off it man, nobody in their right mind is going to bite at that.

After the Mackem hat-trick and his general leadership he kinda is Mr Newcastle at the moment, especially with Carroll's departure. You don't give the number 9 to a midfielder, though.

OMFG, I have just seen Kieron Dyer be mentioned as one of our better signings.  :blush: :blush: :blush:

He is the definition of what was wrong with this club 2 or 3 years ago tbh.

Dyer being at West Ham is the definition of what was wrong at NUFC?

OMFG, I have just seen Kieron Dyer be mentioned as one of our better signings.  :blush: :blush: :blush:

He is the definition of what was wrong with this club 2 or 3 years ago tbh.

It wasn't two or three years ago, but the fact that you think it was sheds a lot of light on why you think Nolan is an upgrade.

Neither of you have understood my post, maybe I should have made it clearer. Obviously Dyer was here before 2 or 3 years ago, I'm not that f***ing stupid. What I'm getting at, is he is/was the following:

a) Injury prone

b) A headless chicken

c) Overpaid

d) Heartless

e) Careless

Just to put him in contrast to Nolan - Dyer was a good athlete, who most oftenly looked great because of the players around him, not because of his own footballing ability. Dyer was a great athlete, could run all day, and run fast at that. Being a CB myself I know pace scares taller, slower players. Dyer never is/was a great footballer he was a good athlete. I wonder how many goals Dyer scored for us and in how many games (this not being part of my point it's a genuine question).

Furthermore, Nolan too is great because of the players around him, but the difference is that he actually influences the play around him through his leadership, passion and drive. He plays whenever possible, wherever possible, and is probably paid half what Dyer was.

Both midfield's (that they both played in) as a unit work, yet both have their own weaknesses, and to be honest a mixture of the two would surely see a phenomenal midfield. Difference is, Dyer disrupts the team, and it's morale, whereas Nolan's massively benefits and considering that, and goals for an AM I'd say Nolan therefore lies far ahead of some little s*** like Dyer.

This coming from a Nolan fan/Dyer critic mind.

Dyer was injury prone and had a bad attitude but on his day he was unplayable.

He had 5 times the footballing ability of Kevin Nolan.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You have got to be winding me up.

Dyer had far more natural talent than Nolan, he just never made the best of it for a variety of reasons - some of them his own fault. Nolan wasn't blessed with much talent with the ball at his feet, but his positional awareness, Coloccini-like robustness and leadership abilities have got him where he is. He's also developed over time into one of the best finishers in the league.

You must consider yourself more of an expert than Bobby Robson who loved the likes of Dyer and N'Zogbia, but didn't rate either Nolan or Ryan Taylor when we signed them. I think Robson's record speaks for itself tbh.