Kevin Nolan

Taylor Swift

For someone who was fucked after 70 minutes, he made a great last ditch tackle/block around the 85th minute after sprinting back from the other end of the pitch.

Wrong.

Ok.

:lol: Might as well get the naysaying out of the way before the mongs jump on the "he didn't score so hes's shit" bandwagon. Was OK yesterday, don't think any of our players played particularly poorly.

It's the :kneejerk: mentality around here that ruins it. Too many people desperate to be noticed for their DOOM-MONGERING rather than their actual views. This rubs off on the more impressionable posters, who aren't intellectually capable of forming their own opinion from what they've seen and rely on the media/their peers to tell them what they 'think'.

Cracking pass by Williamson for the Nolan chance which led to the goal. Great movement in and around the area all afternoon by Nolan too.

One thing, when Nolan passed the ball straight to Simpson in the second half and the ball went out of play, was that an example of Nolan "losing the ball" or "giving the ball away"?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I cannot wait to see Obi's statistics of Nolan in the last 3 games :thup:

Haven't even looked at them, only did the previous 3 games as it was Uni work.  :-[

For someone who was f***ed after 70 minutes, he made a great last ditch tackle/block around the 85th minute after sprinting back from the other end of the pitch.

Wrong.

Ok.

:lol: Might as well get the naysaying out of the way before the mongs jump on the "he didn't score so hes's s***" bandwagon. Was OK yesterday, don't think any of our players played particularly poorly.

It's the :kneejerk: mentality around here that ruins it. Too many people desperate to be noticed for their DOOM-MONGERING rather than their actual views. This rubs off on the more impressionable posters, who aren't intellectually capable of forming their own opinion from what they've seen and rely on the media/their peers to tell them what they 'think'.

Cracking pass by Williamson for the Nolan chance which led to the goal. Great movement in and around the area all afternoon by Nolan too.

Wow, I like Nolan tbh like... But wow.

Nobody bother to post this shame....

Newcastle midfielder Nolan hopes for continued success

Nolan won the 2011 Sport Newcastle Sport Personality of the Year award :clap:

Newcastle United midfielder Kevin Nolan is hoping his Sport Newcastle Personality of the Year award will be the platform for further success.

The 28-year-old was recognised for helping the Magpies to promotion from the Championship and his efforts on their return to the Premier League.

"This is only the beginning," Nolan told BBC Newcastle.

"Hopefully I'll get a few goals between now and the end of the season and we'll finish in a respectable position."

Nolan added: "I've had a great 2010 but I want to have a better 2011, and an even better 2012."

The Liverpool-born midfielder has been a success following his £5m move from Bolton in January 2009, with 29 goals in 86 appearances.

Meanwhile Newcastle's return to the Premier League following relegation in 2008-09 has seen the club climb to ninth in the table, despite a change of manager with Alan Pardew replacing Chris Hughton in December.

"We've got a fan-base and a team of players that have a bond with this club," Nolan continued.

"We're up and down because when we lose this whole city feels as though it's not smiling, but when we win it feels like it's sunny everyday and we're smiling, and it's that way because we live and breathe football.

"We're trying to keep a level head, put it on an even keel and make it the top club that it is. "We're looking at one thing, and one thing only and that is to get to 40 points as quickly as possible."

`don't think any of our players played particularly poorly.`

which game were you watching???

Not Stoke vs Newcastle ;)

So you are expecting him to be a big impact player this week against Stoke then Stu? I can't see it myself but it's a great opportunity to show the critics what's what.

For someone who was f***ed after 70 minutes, he made a great last ditch tackle/block around the 85th minute after sprinting back from the other end of the pitch.

Wrong.

Ok.

:lol: Might as well get the naysaying out of the way before the mongs jump on the "he didn't score so hes's s***" bandwagon. Was OK yesterday, don't think any of our players played particularly poorly.

So out of interest, when isn't it kneejerking? Because I see comments from people saying "when he doesn't score, he's crap" based on a few matches over the season - that's not an instant reaction (a kneejerk if you will) so why call it that?

The problem is without Carroll being the target man and setting up chances, Nolan fails to score goals.  What's the point playing him then?

:lol:

Some cracking knock-downs by Carroll against Sunderland and Bolton :bluestar:

Wrong.

Ok.

So out of interest, when isn't it kneejerking? Because I see comments from people saying "when he doesn't score, he's crap" based on a few matches over the season - that's not an instant reaction (a kneejerk if you will) so why call it that?

The kneejerk comment, which you've quoted, was a general musing about the forum; however, whenever Nolan doesn't score, the usual suspects are straight on here to bash him. It isn't so much that he plays poorly, it's more that the likes of Barton/Tiote/Enrique/Colo have been playing so well in almost every match, that his non-goalscoring contributions get overlooked (see Arsenal away as an example). Given his other positive influences to the team/club, I don't feel the need to bash him for not being one of our top 3 performers each game.

Wrong.

Ok.

The kneejerk comment, which you've quoted, was a general musing about the forum; however, whenever Nolan doesn't score, the usual suspects are straight on here to bash him. It isn't so much that he plays poorly, it's more that the likes of Barton/Tiote/Enrique/Colo have been playing so well in almost every match, that his non-goalscoring contributions get overlooked (see Arsenal away as an example). Given his other positive influences to the team/club, I don't feel the need to bash him for not being one of our top 3 performers each game.

My point is, people also "bash" him even when he does score (Mick comes straight to mind, although I'm sure there are others). What's kneejerk about making the same comments every week?

Nolan has been fantastic for us for the last 2 seasons, both as a captain and player. When was the last time we had a midfielder with his goal tally? Thats not taking into consideration what he does outside of scoring. People need to give him a break. If he is poor in a game then ok lets talk about that, but I'm sure theres people on here who would have him dropped. When we lose people often look at Nolan as a scape goat too which is ridiculous (not saying that Stu did that by bumping this thread though).

If it weren't for Tiote's suspension I'd have harboured a hope we might move Nolan up front. He might not be a striker, but he has more positional and goalscoring sense than Lovenkrands or Best (and probably Ameobi). As it is, he's being deployed box-to-box and is breathing out of his arse after an hour of the game.

He's not a lung-busting player anymore- the Bolton game was a great example- busy in the first half but couldn't get involved in any counter-attacking by the end of it becuase he was fucked.

Not that drafting in Guthrie is a particularly appealing option either.

Nolan is better than the options we have at the moment, a good leader and contributor of goals considering our shitpile of a strikeforce. However in the long-term, even the medium-term if we want to progress he's right up their on the list that needs replacing. No decent side in Europe would accommodate him in their midfield.