Telegraph: Leeds 'interested' in Alan Smith

Decky

Guest neesy111

I know its mostly to vent frustration on the useless kyent, but his 'talent' doesnt need much more debate. Thing that I ponder is how people outside of NUFC rate this charlatan

Quite highly somehow, ManUSA fans always asked why we weren't playing him at end of last season.  I used to get very angry and just say he's one the worst signings in NUFC's history.

Guest Stephen927

Hopefully if we manage to progress as a football club the likes of Alan Smith, players on high wages completely out of proportion with their ability will be a thing of the past.

Guest neesy111

Hopefully if we manage to progress as a football club the likes of Alan Smith, players on high wages completely out of proportion with their ability will be a thing of the past.

Got another 2 season for that to happen with Allardyce and him putting some players on 5 year wages. :angry:

Guest neesy111

If a defeat means you finally have an excuse to drop Smith and/or Nolan, is it really a defeat?

Yes, but you know what i mean.

You shouldn't even need to get that extreme though.  Quite simple is Hughton shouldn't be playing him while better options are their.  While this happens Hughton will be criticised and rightly so IMO.

If a defeat means you finally have an excuse to drop Smith and/or Nolan, is it really a defeat?

Yes, but you know what i mean.

You shouldn't even need to get that extreme though.  Quite simple is Hughton shouldn't be playing him while better options are their.  While this happens Hughton will be criticised and rightly so IMO.

That debate's been had elsewhere though. We should've changed the team that just hammered Aston Villa and gained a creditable draw against Wolves? That would've sent an even worse message out to the team, that no matter what they do, they're not going to win him over and challenge Ben Arfa for his place, even though he's proven nothing so far in a black and white shirt.

Ben Arfa has proved it now though, best player on the pitch for us yesterday in only 18 minutes. If Hughton knew BA and Tiote were good in training and Carroll seemed to rave about him, it's a no brainer tbh. Always pick your best team

Tiote and Ben Arfa trained for the first time on Thursday didn't they? Regardless of ability it would have been daft to put them in the starting XI. No question that the subs should have been from half-time though.

I thought that Ben Arfa had been training for a couple of weeks.

Christ, this is worse than the Nolan thread :lol:

You're more than welcome to contribute and defend Smith if you think he deserves defending.

Doesn't contribute anywhere near as much as Nolan on or off the pitch, but still a vital part of the team spirit - can't find a good a reason to change the team following the first 3 games but would happily drop him for the next game as yesterday's performance wasn't all that great.

Guest neesy111

You're more than welcome to contribute and defend Smith if you think he deserves defending.

Doesn't contribute anywhere near as much as Nolan on or off the pitch, but still a vital part of the team spirit - can't find a good a reason to change the team following the first 3 games but would happily drop him for the next game as yesterday's performance wasn't all that great.

Team Spirit, while it's good, it's ability and quality what win's you games mainly!

Guest neesy111

i'm guessing you were happy with yesterday then?

I'm not sure even you know how you arrived at that illogical conclusion :lol:

:lol:

Up until yesterday I would have said Smith has played better than Nolan and unlike Nolan I had no problem with him starting.  Having said that, he should have been off in the first half when he was chasing shadows and contributing absolutely nothing to the game.  The team spirit didn't do us much good against Blackpool; it's worthless if the players perform the way they did yesterday.

Guest neesy111

Up until yesterday I would have said Smith has played better than Nolan and unlike Nolan I had no problem with him starting.  Having said that, he should have been off in the first half when he was chasing shadows and contributing absolutely nothing to the game.  The team spirit didn't do us much good against Blackpool; it's worthless if the players perform the way they did yesterday.

Yeap, i could think of lots of lower league clubs which have a very good team spirit.  Doesn't make them premiership footballers though sadly.

I am so glad that people are so unanimous and angry about this.

If we did not have alternatives you could put up with it. But we have just signed two top young internationals and proceeded to leave them out.

Why!

Team Spirit, while it's good, it's ability and quality what win's you games mainly!

http://xspblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/bfo-rlmente.jpg

Have we already forgotten...

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00681/Michael_Owen_681766a.jpg

http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Aston+Villa+v+Newcastle+United+Premier+League+sgYw37oxQLsl.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/07/27/article-0-05D7889C000005DC-630_468x306.jpg

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/07_02/096dyer_468x358.jpg

http://images.smh.com.au/ftsmh/ffximage/2009/01/30/470joekinnear-nzogbia.jpg