Telegraph: Leeds 'interested' in Alan Smith

Decky

If there were any legs to this Leeds link they'll be backpeddling like fuck after the match today.

It's a shame Smith couldn't get his legs to backpeddle to help our back four out, the gormless twat.

Guest Chubby Jason

Would anyone else like to see Smith play upfront while Carroll is out, or even partner him when he gets back? It seems a shame to have an England goalscorer languishing in defensive midfield.

Is his contribution to the dressing room really worth keeping him? He must have had about two good games for us - and even them i'm offering him a generous threshold. The only one i can remember is Arsenal under Allardyce.

Horrendous, horrendous footballer.

And the worst part is that we have possible used around 15mp over the years for his transfer fee + wages...

It's depressingly closer to £20m by the time he leaves.

Guest neesy111

Would anyone else like to see Smith play upfront while Carroll is out, or even partner him when he gets back? It seems a shame to have an England goalscorer languishing in defensive midfield.

:dowie:

You want a player who hasn't scored for almost 5 years upfront.  Jesus Wept.

On that logic we should sign Franny Jeffers and play him up top.

Guest Chubby Jason

His physicality and passion would be a huge asset to the team playing further forward. Could even by the ready-made replacement for AC if he goes to Spurs.

Alan Smith will see out his contract here. He's on £55K per week basic wage, and no club in this world will pay him more than £10K a week, so he's never going to move. I'm sure he only gets played because the people who pay his wages are in denial.

I bought a top last week, it cost a fair amount of cash. I realised very quickly I looked like a twat when I wore it. But I still wear it, because I don't want to think I've wasted all of that cash. Similar situation.

You're top isn't dragging the rest of your wardrobe down when it's out though.

Not true. It is so entrenched in people's minds that even when I wear my sharpest suit, they're still thinking about me turning up to that meeting in my tracksuit top.

Alan Smith will see out his contract here. He's on £55K per week basic wage, and no club in this world will pay him more than £10K a week, so he's never going to move. I'm sure he only gets played because the people who pay his wages are in denial.

If any club is willing to pay £10k per week in wages to have him in the team, we should snap their hands off in terms of loaning him out. Paying him £45k per week to not be here is alot better than paying him £55k per week to destroy whatever team he's in. Not only that, but loaning out Smith could be very much in our interests, since if we bamboozled a rival Premiership club into getting him then it'd be nailed on relegation for that team. Almost like sending a spy in to fuck with their shit. Someone like West Ham, Wolves, Wigan, etc, would definitely go down if Smith started enough games for them in midfield.

Will probably start next week and all, to give us some "bite" against the Mackems.

Fucking wanker, I hope he loses all the money he's stolen from NUFC in some sort of heartbreaking fashion.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I've never seen a player lose so much football abillty as he did.

never had a lot to lose tbh

fergie saw that very early

Can anyone remember that episode in the first half yesterday when he was just inside their half when he received the ball from his right took a touch then gently rolled the ball forward to the grateful Stevenage player standing just off him. It was a particularly low point and combined with the collective groan around the room of the people I was with it summed up the day in one instant.

Can anyone remember that episode in the first half yesterday when he was just inside their half when he received the ball from his right took a touch then gently rolled the ball forward to the grateful Stevenage player stading just off him. It was a particularly low point and combined with the collective groan around the room of the people I was with it summed up the day in one instant.

It is my leading memory of the game, its something that will take quite some time to get over in fact.

Can anyone remember that episode in the first half yesterday when he was just inside their half when he received the ball from his right took a touch then gently rolled the ball forward to the grateful Stevenage player stading just off him. It was a particularly low point and combined with the collective groan around the room of the people I was with it summed up the day in one instant.

Yep. He does it at least once a game.

Yep. He does it at least once a game.

If we are thinking of the same incident it was the single most pathetic thing i've ever seen from a professionaly footballer.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

His physicality and passion would be a huge asset to the team playing further forward. Could even by the ready-made replacement for AC if he goes to Spurs.

are you on drugs?