Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

Guest toonlass

I probably would drop Nolan before Jonas TBH, if he continues his lack of contribution since Carroll left.

Agreed.

You would drop Nolan? Jeez!

While Jonas often takes the pressure off our defence he does the same to the opposition defence because he will more often than not give it back to them in one way or another :lol:

Not really, given that he usually wins a freekick when he does get taken down and he's 6th in the league for most fouls suffered - the names ahead of him in that list aren't the most illustrious though >_>

Funny how when we had a decent centre forward he could never find him with a cross and now that we have shit strikers its suddenly their fault they can't get on the end of his "great crosses".

Good worker, shit footballer.

He's improved since the first half of the season, and yeah our shit strikers couldn't get on the end of most of Enrique's crosses either when he was crossing like David fucking Beckham, so what's wrong with saying that?

Guest Wally_McFool

Jonas is fantastic for us and that is a FACT. Any of you who slag him off either don't watch most of our games or you simply do not have a clue.

Football is not a matter of opinion. We wouldn't be half as good if he wasn't in our team.

Dont let the Jonas haters bother you.

They will never fully appreciate players like him until he has gone and they have had to watch and suffer no mark replacements of similar standard to the likes of Ian Stewart, Wayne Fereday, Franz Carr and Glynn Hodges.

While Jonas often takes the pressure off our defence he does the same to the opposition defence because he will more often than not give it back to them in one way or another :lol:

Not really, given that he usually wins a freekick when he does get taken down and he's 6th in the league for most fouls suffered - the names ahead of him in that list aren't the most illustrious though >_>

He didn't try it too much vs Blackburn, I think he's tired of getting his ankles murdered every time he goes past someone. 

Guest Roger Kint

I genuinely though Nolan was good yesterday.  Put himself about, was pretty mobile.  Positive contribution despite not scoring.

We must have been watching different games.

Perhaps

Ironic that an honest opinion of one player is so easily dismissed in this thread

Guest Roger Kint

Just as likely to get goals? Wake up.

You don't think Ben Arfa is likely to score many goals?

Or did you not read the discussion above?

He is talking about Nolan & HBA in the team rather than Jonas & HBA or did you not read the discussion above?

He is talking about Nolan & HBA in the team rather than Jonas & HBA or did you not read the discussion above?

It was about HBA scoring goals, everyone knows Jonas isn't going to start scoring goals on a regular basis.

I probably would drop Nolan before Jonas TBH, if he continues his lack of contribution since Carroll left.

More mobile and seems just as likely to get goals going on what I've seen. Nolan on his day and when fully fit can offer something when he doesn't he is a passenger. Ben arfa is the sort of player that screams free role...provided he's not like forest gump in leg braces

:dowie:

Guest EastEndGeordie

As a new member I've read through the majority of this thread and all it seems to be is slagging him off. Now I'm not defending him sometimes he is atrocious however, when he's good he is really good. Also realistically I would like to hear who they would like to replace him with, with this current budget we are under (apart from Ben Arfa who is a definate for starting ahead of Jonas). As Jonas is a benchwarmer currently starting in the first team, I don't see what better we could do until BA returns.

Guest Roger Kint

Thanks for proving that Ian did say what i was talking about, well done

I'm on about what Han Colo said not Ian.

That is what the comment was direct towards 'as likely to get goals'.

he is also suggesting dropping Nolan before Jonas because he thinks HBA will score more than Nolan, either way he is wrong

he is also suggesting dropping Nolan before Jonas because he thinks HBA will score more than Nolan, either way he is wrong

I certainly wouldn't play HBA in central midfield but I think he'd be capable of picking up a decent amount of goals playing off a lone striker.

If he was to come in for Nolan (which I doubt) then Barton would probably move into central midfield and HBA play on the right (as he did at Man City :(), if he is back and ready to start before the end of the season then he should go and play just off one of Best/Shola given our lack of quality up there.

Either way Jonas is a decent player and should remain at the club, he is nowhere near as bad as most on here make out.

What I was suggesting is that if Nolan continues to struggle for goals and contribution now Carroll isn't there to help him (and he can only perform when Tiote is playing) then his position needs to be questioned.

And if given the choice I would probably leave him out for HBA rather than Jonas.

Guest Roger Kint

I certainly wouldn't play HBA in central midfield but I think he'd be capable of picking up a decent amount of goals playing off a lone striker.

If he was to come in for Nolan (which I doubt) then Barton would probably move into central midfield and HBA play on the right (as he did at Man City :(), if he is back and ready to start before the end of the season then he should go and play just off one of Best/Shola given our lack of quality up there.

Either way Jonas is a decent player and should remain at the club, he is nowhere near as bad as most on here make out.

Agree with most of that although the final sentence is pretty much pointless, lack of options dictates that he should stay atm but we could do a lot better

Sick of reading about how good he would be with a final ball. He's a super athlete and an atrocious footballer and folk are just going to have to come to terms with this. Hopefully with him sitting on the bench till the 75th minute.

There is nobody else on the books to play there. You're just going to have to come to terms with this.

Agreed. We have no-one else to play in his position anyway!