Premiership XI

Neil

Guest Roger Kint

It's basically a front 3 with Henry and Ronaldo playing very advanced, he's hardly being asked to play in a traditional LW role. :lol:

As for Rio being a perma crock, I was assuming that we were picking players at the height of their powers. I'd probably pick Drogba over Shearer if we're going on current ability like.

Nobody was talking about Rio

Guest Tall Striker

It's basically a front 3 with Henry and Ronaldo playing very advanced, he's hardly being asked to play in a traditional LW role. :lol:

As for Rio being a perma crock, I was assuming that we were picking players at the height of their powers. I'd probably pick Drogba over Shearer if we're going on current ability like.

Nobody was talking about Rio

Was it a pop at me picking Woody? I genuinely think while he was one of the top two CB's the Premiership/league has seen when he was at his peak. His peak just wasn't as long as other players.

Shame about his injury and off field record. He would have been a top drawer international defender.

Guest Tall Striker

Not disagreeing at what he could have been.

Henry has played a large part of his career from the left hand side. It's hardly mental to put him there as part a front 3.

Not as mental as picking a perma crock at CB

Were you disagreeing at me picking a player with a poor injury record in the team?

I may as well take Gary Neville out too then.

----------------- Schmeichel

Neville --- Adams --- Ferdinand --- Cole

------------- Vieira --- Keane

Ronaldo ------- Bergkamp---------- Henry

------------------ Shearer

Yep. Sumptuous.

(Drogba at his best is better than Shearer at his best, imo, but Shearer's the top scorer, he's got to be in there)

Guest Tall Striker

Yep. Sumptuous.

(Drogba at his best is better than Shearer at his best, imo, but Shearer's the top scorer, he's got to be in there)

That debate could take up a whole thread by itself. Shearer, at Blackburn, is probably the greatest player the Premier League has seen (imo).

Guest Tall Striker

Tall Striker

15 seasons of over 20 games against 6 for Woody says you are talking rubbish sir!

Edit: And 85 England caps

What does it matter how many games they have played? Woodgate, at his prime, was sensational, and therefore makes the cut for my team.

Each to their own.

......................,.Schmeichel....................

van Gobbel..Desailly...Woodgate....Cole

Cronaldo.....Gerrard....Vieira.......Giggs

.........................Bergkamp......................

...........................Drogba........................

Yep. Sumptuous.

That debate could take up a whole thread by itself. Shearer, at Blackburn, is probably the greatest player the Premier League has seen (imo).

Aye tbf, i can't speak for his Blackburn days as i was too young. I just the Didier is the absolute nuts, really.

Guest Roger Kint

Tall Striker

15 seasons of over 20 games against 6 for Woody says you are talking rubbish sir!

What does it matter how many games they have played? Woodgate, at his prime, was sensational, and therefore makes the cut for my team.

Each to their own.

You said you may as well take Neville out for having a poor injury record did you not? I bet theres a hell of a lot of players who wish their careers were as injury plagued as Neville's based on your judgement

Guest Tall Striker

Tall Striker

Each to their own.

You said you may as well take Neville out for having a poor injury record did you not? I bet theres a hell of a lot of players who wish their careers were as injury plagued as Neville's based on your judgement

Neville hasn't played over 30 games in the league for 8 seasons now.

Guest Roger Kint

Tall Striker

Each to their own.

Well if your daft enough to count 2010/11 as a full season then yes, the fact he is now 35 and has struggled badly for the last few years is his only real problem in 17 years at the top. I dont remember why you are discussing 30 games either tbh. Woodgate has managed that a whole 3 times in his entire career, self defeating or what?

Guest Tall Striker

Tall Striker

Each to their own.

Well if your daft enough to count 2010/11 as a full season then yes, the fact he is now 35 and has struggled badly for the last few years is his only real problem in 17 years at the top. I dont remember why you are discussing 30 games either tbh. Woodgate has managed that a whole 3 times in his entire career, self defeating or what?

Self defeating?

You mocked because I had Woodgate in the team, due to his injury record.

I commented that I also had Gary Neville in the team, implying that I should remove him too, if we were counting injury records.

You stated that Neville's injury record was good.

I stated that he has been recurrently injured for the past 8 seasons, implying the same point, that if we were considering injury records, i'd have to remove Neville from the side.

You mentioned Woodgate is always injured and called me self defeating.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_lMHdYVxOlEI/S-1nqCq2AcI/AAAAAAAABMg/BG3EfctfiK4/s400/KettleCallingPotBlack.jpg

Yep. Sumptuous.

Aye tbf, i can't speak for his Blackburn days as i was too young. I just the Didier is the absolute nuts, really.

:lol: Then why say Drogba was better?

Adams and McGrath at the heart of defence tbh.

McGrath didn't play much Premiership football did he?

He played the first few years. Also won PFA Player of the year in the 92/93 season.

I'm also surprised at the lack of talk of Stam btw.

Guest Roger Kint

Tall Striker, i will give you a chance to edit that pile of shit by not quoting it. The fact you cant understand that i said Woodgate is a PERMA CROCK suggests at best you are fishing, at worst a major contender for dumbest person on here. To compare him with a player who has struggled at the very end of his career with injury after a consistent number of years is utterly stupid imo. I wonder if the penny will ever drop that he had 10 seasons before the problems kicked in.....