Realistic Transfer Targets January 2011

Guest koenji

Give me Canales on loan Graham Carr and Pardew! He is suddenly even further down the pecking order now that Kaka comes back from injury. Enrique & co would be perfect to help him settle.

Call it a long shot, but both Arsenal and Sampdoria are reportedly after him. I'd say we are a more attractive side than Sampdoria, and Mourinho and Wenger doesn't go along at all.

A bit subjective here, but no doubt he is a terrific player and prospect.

Canales is staying at Real. Mourinho doesn't want to send him out on loan as he feels he'll learn more from him in training than he will out on loan. If this wasn't the case he'd have gone back to Racing at the start of the season.

Downing would cost a lot of money and would have little resale value that would be higher so no chance IMO.

No offence to Disco but isn't it just criminal that we as sports fans now think this short of shit.

:sadnod:

That's the Ashley effect in action right there.

Aye unfortunately its the nature of the beast these days.

Give me Canales on loan Graham Carr and Pardew! He is suddenly even further down the pecking order now that Kaka comes back from injury. Enrique & co would be perfect to help him settle.

Call it a long shot, but both Arsenal and Sampdoria are reportedly after him. I'd say we are a more attractive side than Sampdoria, and Mourinho and Wenger doesn't go along at all.

Canales is staying at Real. Mourinho doesn't want to send him out on loan as he feels he'll learn more from him in training than he will out on loan. If this wasn't the case he'd have gone back to Racing at the start of the season.

Let's see how long Canales is happy with that.

I know he's definitely not realistic, but Sampdoria are a much more attractive side than us

Why are Sampdoria a more attractive side than us? They're as poor as us in their league. Bollocks. It would have to be for the weather in that case.

They're 7th in the league, and finished 4th last year.

We're 13th and going even further down, as well as not being secure in this division

I'd rather we went for PL experience in this window, loan til the end of the season.

We don't really have time to bring in youngsters unknown to the English game, for them to play a couple of games, not settle in immediately, get slated by the fans and end up in the reserves.

Maybe when we've got a bit of time to work them in gently.

I know he's definitely not realistic, but Sampdoria are a much more attractive side than us

Why are Sampdoria a more attractive side than us? They're as poor as us in their league. Bollocks. It would have to be for the weather in that case.

We're 13th and going even further down, as well as not being secure in this division

They are. But they are also three points from being right down there. It's a really tight league, just as Premier League. The difference is that the quality of PL are so much better. It's ludacris to say that Sampdoria is more attractive than Newcastle in general.

They are. But they are also three points from being right down there. It's a really tight league, just as Premier League. The difference is that the quality of PL are so much better. It's ludacris to say that Sampdoria is more attractive than Newcastle in general.

Newly promoted, dodgy owner, questionable manager, generally unstable - I can say alot for Newcastle not being that attractive atm, regardless of the league we're in.

Newly promoted, dodgy owner, questionable manager, generally unstable - I can say alot for Newcastle not being that attractive atm, regardless of the league we're in.

So you think people in general would choose Sampdoria ahead of Newcastle if they had the choice? I'd say the most of them would choose Newcastle.

Sampdoria are not an attractive prospect in Italian terms and pay very little in terms of wages. Most of their team is Italian because they don't have the pulling power to attract foreign players. Even when they got 4th place last season they still couldn't attract players over the summer.

Despite the absolute shithouse mess our club is, we still managed to sign Ben Arfa. That kind of signing would be impossible for Samp.

So you think people in general would choose Sampdoria ahead of Newcastle if they had the choice? I'd say the most of them would choose Newcastle.

In the past or future, then Newcastle wins every time. But right here, right now, I think the majority would pick Sampdoria - we'e a mess of a club.

In the past or future, then Newcastle wins every time. But right here, right now, I think the majority would pick Sampdoria - we'e a mess of a club.

Guess we agree in disagreeing then.

Guest Roger Kint

Come on then Village Idiot, what can you tell us about Oriol Romeu?

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=733585&idseccio_PK=803

Villa & Blackburn the main two candidates for him, but Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle & Everton are monitoring him too.

If it helps i bought him for us on FM this morning, my best player 20 games in......... ;D

Larsson would be the most realistic out of that lot. Think we need a left winger first though (with the idea of Ben Arfa playing off Carroll).

Krul

Simpson          Colo        Williamson      Jose

Barton            Tiote          Nolan          New LW

Ben Arfa

Carroll

Looks quite sexy imo.

Right winger: Larsson, Bentley or Adam Johnson (loan) please. And as Ronaldo mentioned the other day, Miguel from Sporting Hee-haw would be very astute.

Is that in De Las Cuevas?

Ron has been going on about him since the beginning of time.

Right winger: Larsson, Bentley or Adam Johnson (loan) please. And as Ronaldo mentioned the other day, Miguel from Sporting Hee-haw would be very astute.

Yeah thats the one. Was highly rated at Hercules before joining Atletico.

Damn right. And with good reason - he's the missing link.

Templeton on the scoresheet again for Hearts.

Good little player. Used to watch him when he was about 17 in the 3rd Division for Stenhousemuir. Used to be nippy as anything and had some great games. Only problem was he was a bit undisiplined in his play.