First five games.. going into the next five games

Fatwax

If we beat Stoke this weekend, we'll be a win (or three draws) from 1/3 of the way to safety already imo. That would give us 13 points and I reckon the total you'll need this season to stay up will be about 37-39 points.

I think we'll have to have a severe off day, or be desperately unlucky if we don't beat West Ham, going on current form. They've looked horrible every time I've seen them.

They played well on Saturday, certainly showed enough to stay up if they carry that form on. We're capable of beating them though without doubt.

regarding the first five games, the only one i was confident of getting a win in was blackpool. i'd have happily taken a point from the villa and wolves games, and had in truth written off getting anything from man utd and everton.

i think the next five games will net us 8 points.

<Please don't post fixture lists>

If we beat Stoke this weekend, we'll be a win (or three draws) from 1/3 of the way to safety already imo. That would give us 13 points and I reckon the total you'll need this season to stay up will be about 37-39 points.

31, 35, 36, 38, 35, 34 and 34 have been enough to keep a team up in the last seven seasons. also, you have to factor in our goal difference, which probably isn't going to be too bad. we don't really look like the sort of side who are going to be hammered out of sight many times this season.

35 points would keep us up i reckon.

so, just so i know and to be on the safe side, we're allowed to post fixture lists in some sort of jumbled up format with the caveat that they're presented in 'no particular order,' but if we happen to do exactly the same thing and get the games in the actual order we will play them in that's not allowed?

It's a grey area, and I considered binning this thread altogether tbh. There's not a lot else I can say to clarify what they might chase us for posting, sorry.

Just avoid fixture lists.

no worries.

just one more thing on this subject. (i'm fairly new to this board but posted thousands of times on the age old howaythetoon and nufc.nu boards and can't remember the rules!).

are we ok to talk about our next game? for instance, if someone said 'predictions for team X on sunday' would that be allowed?

A bit off topic but I see a fixture list has been snipped. Out of curiosity just how hot are the powers that be on rules like posting fixture lists and illegal match stream links? A lot of other boards I browse like RAWK, Red Cafe and RTG often seem to brazenly post such stuff without fuss or fanfare.

A bit off topic but I see a fixture list has been snipped. Out of curiosity just how hot are the powers that be on rules like posting fixture lists and illegal match stream links? A lot of other boards I browse like RAWK, Red Cafe and RTG often seem to brazenly post such stuff without fuss or fanfare.

We've been warned before for fixture lists.