Chelsea 3 - 4 Newcastle United - 22/09/10 - post match reaction from page 45

Dave

Got some banter going on with a Chelsea fan at work, I am sure he is going to cry "beat our reserves" "down to 10 men" "champions" "other priorities" "come back when you have our goal difference" etc etc... getting quite angry :lol:

What a night...

Highlights included:

Chelsea fans singing 'stand up for the champions' to which all our lot stayed standing and singing it straight back at them, they didn't know what to do.

Oléing the move that was our equaliser. I NEVER thought I would ever get to say I'd done that. Must have been 20 or so passes, all of them with the build up noise and olés, fucking class

The Ryan Taylor FK - "It's too close. Definitely far too close. Never going to get it up and down from there. FUUUUCK!"

Tearing a massive hole in my leg on the back of the chair in front of me when we scored our 3rd. Already had a massive wound there from playing footie on Saturday and went straight back through it again. Watching the BBC highlights I was there trying to cheer but eventually bowing down and succumbing to the pain.

The Chelsea fans singing 'that's why we're champions' at 3-3 to have the same chant rammed straight back down their throats at 4-3. Some of them were right petulant little turds, flexing their muscles and pointing at them and the likes. Too much WWE watching by the looks of it.

Honourable mention to the look of sheer confusion on the face of Poyet at HT when he was being taken around the ground to applause from the Chelsea fans and eventually got to us and just got a blast of 'Shearer'. To be honest I wasn't even sure why we were chanting it at him, was still funny for his reaction though.

All round great night, slept clean through my alarm this morning having stayed up to watch the highlights too, and since arrival have just worked my way through this thread. Leg fucking kills but worth every moment.

What a night...

Highlights included:

Chelsea fans singing 'stand up for the champions' to which all our lot stayed standing and singing it straight back at them, they didn't know what to do.

Oléing the move that was our equaliser. I NEVER thought I would ever get to say I'd done that. Must have been 20 or so passes, all of them with the build up noise and olés, fucking class

The Ryan Taylor FK - "It's too close. Definitely far too close. Never going to get it up and down from there. FUUUUCK!"

Tearing a massive hole in my leg on the back of the chair in front of me when we scored our 3rd. Already had a massive wound there from playing footie on Saturday and went straight back through it again. Watching the BBC highlights I was there trying to cheer but eventually bowing down and succumbing to the pain.

The Chelsea fans singing 'that's why we're champions' at 3-3 to have the same chant rammed straight back down their throats at 4-3. Some of them were right petulant little turds, flexing their muscles and pointing at them and the likes. Too much WWE watching by the looks of it.

Honourable mention to the look of sheer confusion on the face of Poyet at HT when he was being taken around the ground to applause from the Chelsea fans and eventually got to us and just got a blast of 'Shearer'. To be honest I wasn't even sure why we were chanting it at him, was still funny for his reaction though.

All round great night, slept clean through my alarm this morning having stayed up to watch the highlights too, and since arrival have just worked my way through this thread. Leg fucking kills but worth every moment.

:thup: (minus the injury)

Its great how we are quite happy to sustain any kind of physical injury if it is compensated by something magic on the pitch. Ive lost count of how many times I've raked my shins on the back of seats over the years during celebrations; any other situation and id be fucking livid and probably crying but its OK this time because Sherla scored.

cost of their starting 11 vs ours?

That's probably a better indicator.

Our team comes in at £20m, There's £78m

aye, because Shepherd taught us money = success :lol:

Oh, this was something I did earlier when my Chelsea mate was giving me stick about beating their 'cripples, seconds and kids':

Chelsea:

Turnbull (free)

Ferreira (£13.2m)

Bruma (£100k)

Terry (free)

Van Aanholt (free)

Benayoun (£5.5m)

Ramires (£17m)

Zhirkov (£18m)

Sturridge (£3.5m)

Anelka (£15m)

Kakuta (god knows what went on there in the end!)

TOTAL: 72.3m

Toon:

Krul (free)

R Taylor (£500k)

Campbell (free)

Coloccini (£10.3m)

Ferguson (free)

Ranger (free)

Smith (£6m)

Vuckic (£1m)

Gutierrez (£5.7m)

Ameobi (free)

Lovenkrands (free)

TOTAL: £23.5m

Not sure I'm right on Vuckic and Gutierrez did cost us something in the end, but generally correct

Two points about Shola that were highlighted last night - firstly, his heading has improved in the last couple of seasons.

Secondly - and I wish this aspect of his game was acknowledged more often - although his first touch is poor, once he does get the ball under control and can turn and face a defence, he can cause problems. He can take the ball away from defenders with surprisingly good footwork and get us free kicks in good positions, feed in other players or - as last night - get a shot in himself.

Oh and a third point - he never hides.

I'd add to that Shola has always had a strange ability to come good in a big game when it really matters and make a positive contribution. (derby matches, big European away games, Forest last season etc)

Some of the hysterical criticism he gets on here is crazy. We all know Shola can look awful at times but right now he is a better and stronger player than he has been at any point in his career and I can't think of any club which wouldn't want him as a squad player - which is what he has become for us since the ascendancy of Andy Carrol.

Two points about Shola that were highlighted last night - firstly, his heading has improved in the last couple of seasons.

Secondly - and I wish this aspect of his game was acknowledged more often - although his first touch is poor, once he does get the ball under control and can turn and face a defence, he can cause problems. He can take the ball away from defenders with surprisingly good footwork and get us free kicks in good positions, feed in other players or - as last night - get a shot in himself.

Oh and a third point - he never hides.

I'd add to that Shola has always had a strange ability to come good in a big game when it really matters and make a positive contribution. (derby matches, big European away games, Forest last season etc)

Some of the hysterical criticism he gets on here is crazy. We all know Shola can look awful at times but right now he is a better and stronger player than he has been at any point in his career and I can't think of any club which wouldn't want him as a squad player - which is what he has become for us since the ascendancy of Andy Carrol.

Aye, thats why Id be tempted to put him in against the Mackems after his past exploits against them; who can ever forget the great 'shoulder header'!?!?

Guest Haris Vuckic

did anyone see the pitch invader who done the forward role, was he one of our lot ?

As it was during injury time I'm assuming so.

did anyone see the pitch invader who done the forward role, was he one of our lot ?

Came from the Chelsea stand, certainly didn't look like one of our lot. There were a few hoyed out the Chelsea end closest to our fans who I think may have been ours and just couldn't keep a lid on it at 3-1

Aye, I was fuming cause I thought it would add on more injury time but it didnt; the ref blew right after the 6 minutes were up despite numerous long pauses in stoppage time.

Guest firetotheworks

I've just watched it all the way through now. Good game like.

I was well impressed with Ferguson, he looks like being a good stand in for Jose.

Colo was once again taking the piss.

Soft Penalty

Shola and Lovelycakes should have scored. I wish it had been the league, but Christ, fuck it, we beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Brilliant.

What a night...

Highlights included:

Beautiful!