Chelsea 3 - 4 Newcastle United - 22/09/10 - post match reaction from page 45

Dave

I love how for the most part people only seem to think that we won because Chelsea put out a weakened team completely missing the fact that we did too.

I don't love that fact, I wish our victory was trashed into all their faces.

Love how angry Hughton got when Ferguson was blatantly pushed and the ref called for their throw-in. Just pretty much love anyone associated with this team at this point, every player that's made an appearance this season really cares. It's great.

Love how angry Hughton got when Ferguson was blatantly pushed and the ref called for their throw-in. Just pretty much love anyone associated with this team and this point, every player that's made an appearance this season really cares. It's great.

like I said somewhere before- we appear top have a motivated squad = 2x teams . Not seen that since Kev or Bobbys days.

happy days. Ive said all summer that I think we will be Ok this season, beggining to think we can do more than OK.

Over on the Chelsea forums they are having an almighty wank over Josh McEachran. Next Lampard, similar to Zidane/Iniesta, etc etc.

He did look very good, but it feels like they're not aware that he was up against Smith, Ranger, Vuckic, Raylor, etc.

Over on the Chelsea forums they are having an almighty wank over Josh McEachran. Next Lampard, similar to Zidane/Iniesta, etc etc.

He did look very good, but it feels like they're not aware that he was up against Smith, Ranger, Vuckic, Raylor, etc.

My Chelsea mate prior to the game was saying Bruma was the best prospect they had from their youths, following his destruction by Shola I suppose they need a new crown prince

View from the Shed End...

7 Krul: Bit of a mix-up communicating early doors but otherwise solid, made a couple of good punches/saves from crosses that cleared the ball from danger. Not sure what happened on the pen.

7 R. Taylor: Scored a cracking goal, could have been sent off. Different type of player to Perch, not sure if RB is his best place, he kept drifting out of position.

7 Campbell: Looks in good shape, led the line well after the early mix-up with Krul, deceptively quick.

9 Colocini: Excellent, again. Composed, assured and playing against £100m of talent in Anelka, not some reserve striker.

8 Ferguson: Looks like we may have better cover for Jose than we originally thought, got forward very well but also tracked back with his runners and put in some meaty tackles.

7 Ranger: Took his goal very well but, like Taylor, also had some horror moments - gave Chelsea the first goal, then completely missed the ball with the goal at his mercy. Came back quite a lot in the first half and held the ball up really well at times, went missing for a bit in the second half when we should have put the game out of reach. Took the ball out of the air brilliantly for a chance in the second half - more of that and we'll have something special on our hands. Also wins everything in the air.

7 Smith: Took a few minutes to get himself going but once he was there, he chased around all night. Led the team well and did a good job of talking to the less exerienced players on the team throughout. Put in a couple of terrifc challenges too.

7 Vuckic: Very, very composed on the ball. Didn't seem overawed by the atmosphere & opposition, has a cracking touch on him and a wand of a left foot.

8 Jonas: Different player to the one who jogged about half-heartedly on Saturday. As his place in the team is no longer automatic, we could have 3 good players working hard to get into the team/stay in the team - well done CH.

9 Ameobi: Match-winner, had a couple of other efforts saved/cleared by a defender but was deceptively hard-working tonight (I'm sure it's the way he runs that makes people think he's lazy). Both goals well taken, created chances for his team-mates too.

6 Lovenkrands: Missed a great chance in the second half but otherwise did a decent job, nothing stood out really... :dontknow:

Subs:

6 Tiote (> R.Taylor): not a RB but did a half-decent stint, still looks 'untacklable'

6 Williamson (> Colocini): solid in the air again, unlucky to 'concede' a penalty

- Barton (> Ferguson): didn't have time to do anything

Chant of the Night: "Stand up for the champions!" (from the Chelsea mongs)...to which we obliged - thanks Coca-Cola!

Ref Watch: Phil Dowd - fat, even-handed but made some shocking decisions towards both teams.

Just read the posts during the game. :lol: Class.

Just did as well. Perfect stuff.

Not sure what I was doing at the time, but didn't even notice the Barton sub. Must've been running around the house turning green and ripping my shirt off from all the emotion or something.

Where did the 6 extra minutes come from? A joke really.

The Kalou injury was at least 3 minutes, plus the Benayoun one and 5 subs being used.

Forgot about Kalou. 6 minutes was alright :)

It was 6 mins anyway, then we had a sub, the Ferguson injury, AND the pitch invader. Ha. Could have been more.

Chelsea looked bust by then anyway. All the effort in dragging it back with 10, only for another thunderbolt to the heart with the Shola header. Absolutly brilliant moment.