Carling Cup fourth round - Arsenal (h) Pre-Match Thread

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Szczzzczesny

Eboue    Djourou  Koscielny    Gibbs

Eastmond   Denilson

Walcott         Vela              Rosicky

Bendtner

or something? Vela could go wide I suppose. Could be 4-4-2. WHO KNOWS!?

That but Vela on the left i expect. Disappointed Lansbury's not starting.

Surely you lot should be more confident than most seem to be? Who would have seen you turning in the performance you did at Stamford Bridge, against a team on paper stronger than the team Arsenal have put out? Not to mention this time you have home advan... ok, you're at home. But come on, surely you're in with a good shout there?

That said I think Arsenal will win. :lol:

krul

Back 4

Routledge Guthrie Smith Lovenkrands

Vuckic

Ranger

Lovenkrands on the LW against Arsenal would be as bad as putting Routledge in goal against Barcelona.

I really hope he puts in a performance tonight, just to fucking shut you up.

krul

Back 4

Vuckic

Ranger

Lovenkrands on the LW against Arsenal would be as bad as putting Routledge in goal against Barcelona.

Moreover, I want to see Routledge in goal against Barcelona.

Surely you lot should be more confident than most seem to be? Who would have seen you turning in the performance you did at Stamford Bridge, against a team on paper stronger than the team Arsenal have put out? Not to mention this time you have home advan... ok, you're at home. But come on, surely you're in with a good shout there?

We can never capitalise on decent cup form. We'd could have drawn Northampton at SJP and we'd probably have lost.

krul

Back 4

Vuckic

Ranger

Not to mention Perch at LB probably.

Who knows. Arsenal are rightful favourites but I wouldn't be suprised if we pushed them close. Need to not concede early doors and be chasing the game otherwise they'll rip us a new one on the counter. Hope it doesn't goto ET like (as I'm sure will Arsene)

We shall be shit upon.

Right, if we're going to get shit on with that XI, what would've happened with Cesc, Nasri, Arshavin, Chamackh et al.!?!?

Mentalists. Half decent chance here imo.

That side would probably beat our first team tbf.  But I take your point, our lot have nothing to lose and alot to gain, a night for many to make a name for themselves.

krul

Back 4

Vuckic

Ranger

Moreover, I want to see Routledge in goal against Barcelona.

If you can sort it so that we're in a competitive matchup against Barcelona, I'll sort it so that Routledge plays in goal.

Well thanks for that :lol:

As I said though, Arsenal are beatable, if we turn in a Chelsea performance we'll have a chance. They are obviously favourites, and we know they're capable of abusing teams on occasion.