Players you were right/wrong about.

Lotus

Enrique - i was RIGHT! Many a hater on here on yous know it  :fishing:

Paul Huntington - RIGHT. Never though he'd make it, after seeing only once or twice.

Carroll -  WRONG. He hasn't made it but he's sooooooooo much better than i expected. Thought he was well average before. Which game was it? Man City maybe? He was brought on late nd he didn't bother his arse to even break into a trot. I thought then he was a tosser who's never get anywhere. So far, i'm WRONG.

Bowyer - WRONG. Thought he'd drive and goals, turned out he didn't add a lot of either tbh.

I'll think of more.

Jenas - I was wrong. I honestly thought he was going to be superb for us.

Smith - I thought he would be good for us but sadly I was wrong.

Good call!

Jenas - WRONG. Christ i was well off with him! Thought he'd be a good player.

Viana - WRONG. Thought he'd be a really good player, spraying it around. Didn't have the mental strength though, as evidenced by his plummet of a career!

Enrique - right, always thought he would be class.

Carroll - wrong, I had massive doubts he would be able to get mobile enough to be a top player.

Duff - thought he would be a bargain signing at the time.

Williamson - was unsure about him, but certainly didn't think he's be as good as he is.

Best - right, thought he was a pointless signing and he was.

Guest Wally_McFool

Shinton - right - he was shite

Reilly - right - he was shite

Rafferty - right - he was shite

Cornwell - right - he was shite

Rob MacDonald - wrong - he was shite but like the director who bought him,  I thought that he would be great because his surname was MacDonald.  ;D

:crazy2:

Duff - Wrong - Always thought he'd be a success here.

Carroll - Right - Ever since I saw him against Juve, I knew he wa going to become a big player for us.

Carr - Wrong - always thought he was a good leader in the pitch and would be one to turn our defence for the better.

Joey Barton - Right(ish) - Thought he was the player we really needed at the time and although it's taken yeaaaaaars I think we're finally getting there

Emre - Undecided - He was a really good player when he played but rarely seemed to play

Bellamy - Wrong - Thought he was gash when he signed but he turned out to be amazing.

Sibierski  - Wrong. Thought he'd be total garbage and thought he was a wasted signing. Turned out to be a French king and did the greatest assist I've ever seen to Dyer in a UEFA Cup game.

Geremi - Wrong. Looked quality in pre-season and thought he could be a great experienced leader in midfield. Didn't realise he's sold his legs on his way up here.

Duff - Meh.

Owen - It was Michael Owen! What could go wrong? (Injury/desire etc)

Kluivert - Couple of good moments but after Robson left was bound not to be the right club for him. Think he gave up pretty much after that.

Maric/Andersson/Luque - Why do I always think these kinds of players will turn out to be amazing? I still love 'em all, even if they were all crap.

Jenas - wrong.  Genuinely thought he would be a class player.

Enrique - right.  Kept saying he would come good.

Carroll - right.  Bar thinking that he should have been disciplined more heavily over the Taylor incident, I've always said he had the potential to be a quality striker.

Bellamy - wrong.  Didn't think he would make much of an impact to be honest.

Duff - wrong.  Thought he'd be awesome for us.

Smith - right from when Allardyce said 'we dont need him but i cant let a player of this quality go unsigned' it was obvious we had no slot for him to go into, and he's never found one or played consistently to a level which was expected when he was signed.

Carroll - wrong, thought he was going to be a new Ameobi...

Dyer - wrong - i always thought he would lose the injuries and come good. Ditto for Emre (though that late everton goal and mackems strike alleviates much of the pain lol)

Throwing in a non NUFC player:

Arshavin - right - top class, signing him pre euros would have been genius.

Adam Johnson - Right. Said after the first couple of times when I saw him for 'Boro that he would be class. Also said around this time last year that he was the best player in the Championship.

Milner - Wrong. Said he was utter gash.

Pavlyochenko - Right. Said he wouldn't be as good as he looked in the Euros and that the other Rusian striker (Progrebniak or whatever) was better.

Barton - Wrong, but starting to get right. Got Barton 7 on the back of my shirt when we had just signed him.

Smith - Wrong. After that header in that pre season game, I thought he would be a canny signing.

Cristiano Ronaldo - Wrong. Looked a one-trick pony his first season in Man U. Never would have thought he'd turn out to be the player he is.

Ben Arfa - Right. Liked him for years :aww:

Guest neesy111

Alan Shearer: WRONG. Thought he was going to be a title-winning captain of NUFC. Never came close to winning the league while he was here.

1st Season Perhaps we came close ???

7pts off is not really close like, although a hell of a lot closer than we've been since!

Just looking on wiki and that season we had no manager or player of the months which is bit wank really considering we came 2nd and had the leagues top scorer.