Should we be playing 2 proper forwards at home?

Parky

People thinking we can afford a passenger like Lovenkrands in the team are having a laugh, frankly. He wouldn't have got a kick in 5 out of our 6 games so far. He's an example of deadwood we should have burned and replaced as a matter of priority in the summer.

What we need is obvious, Ben Arfa off Carroll.

Agree 100%, until we have a quality partner for Carroll this has to be the way forward, and I think the fact that Hughton tried getting Keane would suggest in an ideal world he'd prefer two up front, but can't with the lack of quality in that area,

People thinking we can afford a passenger like Lovenkrands in the team are having a laugh, frankly. He wouldn't have got a kick in 5 out of our 6 games so far. He's an example of deadwood we should have burned and replaced as a matter of priority in the summer.

:thup: Lovenkrands showed this in his 'performance' against Chelsea. Barely got near the ball and when he did get chance made a right f***ing mess of it.

1 performance in a reserve side against Chelsea proves this, jesus christ man  :facepalm:

Regarding Lovenkrands he's never been particulaly great, he's the only poacher type striker we have though.

Our only other options are

Xisco?

Ranger, too similar to Carroll, great at holding up play, not proven to be a great poacher.

Ameobi, need I say more realy? can be brilliant 1 game, shite the next 10.

Best? Same with Xisco.

yes we should but in light of our personnel i'd still go ben arfa off carroll with routledge and jonas offering a lot more movemet than sticking to their given "positions" like subbuteo players.

I said this after the win against Everton despite everyone having a wankfest over Nolan on that day. He's a bottleneck for the whole team so I would much rather give Ben Arfa free reign to cause havoc off the main striker. With the movement of HBA, Jonas and Routledge there should be much more opportunity for goals, but then these guys along with the main striker have to take the responsibility of getting in the box and scoring them.

Guest neesy111

:thup: Lovenkrands showed this in his 'performance' against Chelsea. Barely got near the ball and when he did get chance made a right f***ing mess of it.

1 performance in a reserve side against Chelsea proves this, jesus christ man  :facepalm:

He was like that against Acrington Stanley and in the reserves v the mackems as well.