Man City 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 03/10/10 - post match reaction from page 33

Dave

Gutted we got nowt out of this we deserved a draw at least,loads of character in the team and not scared of the big money signings infront of them and hopefully that display was enough to give them belief in our battles ahead.

View from the whatthefuckisthisshitegroundabout end:

7 Krul - unlucky with the penalty, deflection could have gone anywhere, always looked like it would have to be something special to beat him in open play, which it was.

8 Perch - probably the best game he's had all season, couple of times the ball went over his head but he's quick enough to get back and close down the man (only once committed himself in the wrong place - first half, got skinned)

9 Coloccini - once again looked brilliant, didn't see anything happen to him so hopefully he was brought off as a precaution as he's going to be a key player for us this season. Makes the difficult things look effortless.

8 Williamson - dreadfully unlucky with the referee, had Tevez under lock and key anywhere near the halfway line and it got to the Argentine, misses out on a higher score due to his 2nd half miss, we have to make the most of our set pieces and he didn't even trouble the keeper

8 Enrique - solid again at the back, looked decent going forward in the first half but didn't seem to get forward as much in the second half/once Colo went off(?). Distribution could have been better at times.

8 Barton - ran and ran and passed and passed and tackled and tackled. Not the best delivery from set pieces today though.

9 Tiote - ran and ran and ran and passed and passed and passed and tackled and tackled and tackled and won the ball in the air. Immense.

8 Guttierez - well taken goal, was clearly targeted (along with HBA) by their team judging by the number of stray elbows and forearms that went mysteriously unpunished by today's (un)officials. Justified his selection over Routledge.

6 Ben Arfa - didn't really get chance to get into the game, sadly. FWIW, the tackle looked 'a bit strong' from where we were sat but we naively assumed that the ref must have seen it and he played the ball fairly. Haven't seen any replays but have been told that it was OTT and should have been punished "classic early reducer" according to the wise man at the Beeb...

7 Nolan - kept the ball well and linked up play nicely at times, surprised more than a few around us by being the man subbed for Carroll but it did seem the best option at the time (given the injuries).

7 Shola - held the ball up well at times, fought hard and gave their two centrebacks a decent game. Looked a stonewall penalty from my seat. If he played like this consistently, he'd be automatic first choice for the past 5-7 years, especially if he had a 4-5 'Chelsea games' every season. Justified his selection although we didn't know why Carroll was 'dropped'.

Subs

7 Routledge (for HBA) - one of his better games but still went missing at times and still seemed scared to take Lescott (!) on in a footrace.

7 Campbell - played very well, some good tackles and covered well for Colo.

6 Carroll - didn't have a lot of time to do much but spent most of it pushing their defenders out of the way.

Referee: Fucking horrendous.

Their fans: "Shit fans, shit club"

Their ground: All fur, nae knickers? Wouldn't pay £38 to watch them every week. Also amazed that we could buy away tickets on the gate.

7 Nolan - kept the ball well and linked up play nicely at times, surprised more than a few around us by being the man subbed for Carroll but it did seem the best option at the time (given the injuries).

Fuck off.

:rolleyes:

What did he do that badly then?

Guest BooBoo

That mark for Routledge is a joke, he offered nothing going forward. Compare and contrast to Jonas who ran at them all day.

That mark for Routledge is a joke, he offered nothing going forward. Compare and contrast to Jonas who ran at them all day.

Had his best game for us this season, doesn't speak volumes mind. Too scared to run at people. He did actually cross the ball two or three times today.

Don't think anyone played 'badly' today, so I'm not likely to come on here and start giving them abuse because of the shocking level of refereeing costing them at least a well-earned point. If we play like we did today at home, we'll be alright. First half performance was very good, we seemed to dominate the game and control the tempo while Citeh relied on hoofing it to Tevez.

Had his best game for us this season, doesn't speak volumes mind. Too scared to run at people. He did actually cross the ball two or three times today.

Don't think anyone played 'badly' today, so I'm not likely to come on here and start giving them abuse because of the shocking level of refereeing costing them at least a well-earned point. If we play like we did today at home, we'll be alright. First half performance was very good, we seemed to dominate the game and control the tempo while Citeh relied on hoofing it to Tevez.

Stu with the Talksport-esque shock ratings!

Stu's defending of Nolan is as expected as my bad spelling.

He was our worst player bar perch today.

You're all a bunch of whingeing fucks if you HAVE To slate someone every time we play a game, fucking shocking attitude to have. Maybe it's the DVT kicking in?

f*** off.

:rolleyes:

What did he do that badly then?

move.

:lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

You're all a bunch of whingeing fucks if you HAVE To slate someone every time we play a game, fucking shocking attitude to have. Maybe it's the DVT kicking in?

I'm slating you and your cheap attempts to try and make me call you to discuss your ratings. I'm not falling for it TalkStu.

PS: Nessy, where did I "defend Nolan"? Before you come out with your gash cliches, at least understand that I gave an opinion with some sort of reasoning behind it, I didn't come on here and start saying Nolan played really well. Shit chat.

I will give serious ratings for this match since most seem utter clueless.

Krul 6,5 - Did what he had to do.

Perch 5,5 - Had one or two decent crosses and his weak body helped us get some freekicks.

Williamson 5,5 - He's playing a dangerous game right now with all the tackling near the area and shirt tucking.

Colo 7,5 - Composed and calm as he has been lately.

Enrique 6,5 - His worst match of the season but still decent.

HBA N/A - Gutted

Barton 6,5 - Won us the ball a couple of times, and plays well that role of deeplying playmaker. Needs to be more productive though (hard with shit strikers).

Tiote 8,5 - Won so many balls and covered so much ground I'm speechless. MOM

Jonas 8 - Best performance in a long time his first half, disappeared a bit in the second half.

Nolan 4 - Offered absolutely nothing, covered less ground than the fucking supporters. Terrible

Ameobi 6 - Won couple of headers, should've got a penalty, but lacks productivity.

Subs.

Routledge 5 - Wants a lot, contributes a little.

Campbell 7,5 - Looked very composed, wasn't expecting that.

Carroll N/A - Played to little.

I'm slating you and your cheap attempts to try and make me call you to discuss your ratings. I'm not falling for it TalkStu.

:lol:

Never been so angry watching a match before. Fucking hell :angry4:

Felt like the world was against us today, fucking shit shit shit!!

I am immensely proud of the team, worked very hard and good.

But we need points, not just hard work...

HBA, poor boy, so fucking tragic...

It is Newcastle in a nutshell isn't it?

:suicide:

f*** off.

:thup:

That was the most inept performance i've seen from one of our lot this season. Easily on a par with his no-show at Swansea last campaign.

He failed to get involved in the game in midfield, and when the ball reached him further up the park he either miscontrolled, misplaced his pass or hid behind the nearest defender. Like I said 6 months back, utter disgrace of a footballer who has no place at this level.

Guest jonnyameobi

Charlotte Jackson and Fenners were in the away end before the match

My mate (Jonnyameobi on here) was on Take It Like a Fan, had to identify old Toon players when he was shown pics of them, got 19 out of 19 and pocketed 190 notes.

Charlotte Jackson is unbelievable like.  :smitten:

Yeah I saw him do it, had to borrow a Newcastle shirt off someone. Didn't realise he was off here. Fenners gave away all the pics to other fans too.

meeting that Charlotte bird was better than any amount of money, hands down best arse in the world

Charlotte Jackson and Fenners were in the away end before the match

My mate (Jonnyameobi on here) was on Take It Like a Fan, had to identify old Toon players when he was shown pics of them, got 19 out of 19 and pocketed 190 notes.

Charlotte Jackson is unbelievable like.  :smitten:

Yeah I saw him do it, had to borrow a Newcastle shirt off someone. Didn't realise he was off here. Fenners gave away all the pics to other fans too.

meeting that Charlotte bird was better than any amount of money, hands down best arse in the world

Was superb.

f*** off.

:thup:

That was the most inept performance i've seen from one of our lot this season. Easily on a par with his no-show at Swansea last campaign.

He failed to get involved in the game in midfield, and when the ball reached him further up the park he either miscontrolled, misplaced his pass or hid behind the nearest defender. Like I said 6 months back, utter disgrace of a footballer who has no place at this level.

Routledge seemed 'worse' than him today, but even then, didn't seem that bad - there have definitely been worse perfomances this season than Nolan's today :lol: some of the reactions are ridiculously OTT. Suppose it's forum fever at its worst.

At this point I get characterised as a "Nolan defender" :lol: or a "Routledge basher" :lol: ZING!