West Ham Utd vs Newcastle United Pre-match thread 23/10/10 5:30pm *Live on Sky*

joeyt

Krul

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Enrique

Routledge Tiote Barton Gutierrez

Nolan

Ameobi

That's what i'd go for. We have components in that line-up to put in good away performances... and we have done. Just continue this. It was a garbage result and performance against Wigan but i actually think we can sneak a result here.

Cautiously predicting a 1-1...

Guest palnese

Krul

Simpson Willo Sol  Jose

Raylor Tiote Barton Jonas

Colo

Carroll

:snod:

my team would be

KRUL

SIMPSON    SOL    COLO    JOSE

RAYLOR    TIOTE  BARTON  JONAS

NOLAN

CARROLL or SHOLA

Anyone who can "read a game of football" will be able to see that if we persist in playing Nolan with his poor level of fitness, we are heading for the relegation trapdoor. If your open play continually breaks down because you are carrying an unfit passenger, then your results will be all over the place as they undoubtedly have been, as you are effectively only playing with 10 men.

Hughton has obviously also come to this conclusion albeit several games too late and at last dropped him hopefully with the ultimatum to get fit or be left out.

:lol: That's pretty ridiculous but I like how you've formed a theory in your head and used some unrelated events to prove it :lol:

I think Campbell does need to come in, and it has to be for Williamson unfortunately. Not that Williamson has done anything drasticaly wrong, but Campbell will strengthen the backbone quite significantly.

Obvious we are needing a new right back to come in, not that any are particularly much better than the other, but just for confidence in the position and for that position from other players. Probably Simpson would get the nod for me, if only for the attacking threat and pace to give West Ham some problems. For this though we need a proper right winger playing. It'll probably be Routledge but at the moment I can't see an argument against playing Jonas on the right and Ferguson on the left wing.... I'm sure some will disagree.

I also wan't us to be able to hold the ball in their half/box, so both Carroll & Shola start for me at the expense of Nolan/Barton. Tiote and Guthrie would be nice in CM, with Guthrie and a top 2 we should keep the ball better, but it won't happen.

I'd love to see this on Saturday..

Simpson  Colo  Campbell  Jose

Jonas  Guthrie  Tiote  Ferguson

Caroll  Ameobi

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I think Campbell does need to come in, and it has to be for Williamson unfortunately. Not that Williamson has done anything drasticaly wrong, but Campbell will strengthen the backbone quite significantly.

Obvious we are needing a new right back to come in, not that any are particularly much better than the other, but just for confidence in the position and for that position from other players. Probably Simpson would get the nod for me, if only for the attacking threat and pace to give West Ham some problems. For this though we need a proper right winger playing. It'll probably be Routledge but at the moment I can't see an argument against playing Jonas on the right and Ferguson on the left wing.... I'm sure some will disagree.

I also wan't us to be able to hold the ball in their half/box, so both Carroll & Shola start for me at the expense of Nolan/Barton. Tiote and Guthrie would be nice in CM, with Guthrie and a top 2 we should keep the ball better, but it won't happen.

Caroll  Ameobi

Since when has Simpson ever had great pace and attacking threat?

Caroll  Ameobi

Since when has Simpson ever had great pace and attacking threat?

He has more pace and general wide attacking wing play than Raylor does. Despite Raylor having a better cross, he doesn't look to overlap those ahead of him like Simpson or Perch does, and with Perch being gash, I'd chose Simpson.

That ok for you?

Also, I'm struggling to find where Ive put Simpson has 'great'. can you help me?

Yeah, break up Jose and Jonas to accomodate Shane Ferguson. Honestly.

I know, but its not to 'accomodate' Ferguson, its to give us something down the right! And Ferguson looks even better at tracking back and covering than Jonas does, and then our RB would finally get some cover if Jonas was there.

I think its a good shout anyway. I understand not wanting to break up our best link and the uncertainty of playing Ferguson. I don't see how its a particularly bad idea though. Our right has been fucking woeful! Shame Ferguson isn't right footed.

Yeah, break up Jose and Jonas to accomodate Shane Ferguson. Honestly.

I know, but its not to 'accomodate' Ferguson, its to give us something down the right! And Ferguson looks even better at tracking back and covering than Jonas does, and then our RB would finally get some cover if Jonas was there.

I think its a good shout anyway. I understand not wanting to break up our best link and the uncertainty of playing Ferguson. I don't see how its a particularly bad idea though. Our right has been fucking woeful! Shame Ferguson isn't right footed.

If you're basing this on the Chelsea game, Ferguson was playing LB  :shifty:

Yes yes, I'm sure everyone else knows that, as well as I. I'm sure I didn't mention once that he played a great game at Left Mid against Chelsea

Fucking Hell, i suggest a positive change as do a couple of others and I get lambasted for it.

But Ok, I'll suggest we play the same proven sub-standard tactics as we have been so far this season. I forgot the joys of last season prove that regardless of form and moral we should stick with what we know, even if it isn't good enough.

FFS. I do wonder why we ask for so much sometimes and the majority allow for so little.

Anyone who can "read a game of football" will be able to see that if we persist in playing Nolan with his poor level of fitness, we are heading for the relegation trapdoor. If your open play continually breaks down because you are carrying an unfit passenger, then your results will be all over the place as they undoubtedly have been, as you are effectively only playing with 10 men.

Hughton has obviously also come to this conclusion albeit several games too late and at last dropped him hopefully with the ultimatum to get fit or be left out.

:lol: That's pretty ridiculous but I like how you've formed a theory in your head and used some unrelated events to prove it :lol:

So, if I am of the opinion is that an unfit Nolan should not be in the team,

I either do not watch the games, or cannot read a game and my opinion is ridiculous.

Personally I think you overeact with your Nolan protection.

--------------Krul--------------

Simpson Solo Colo Enrique

Raylor Tiote Barton Jonas

Ameobi Carroll

Subs

Soderberg

Perch

Routledge

Guthrie

Lovenkrands

Williamson

Nolan

You realize that Solo as a nick name, is longer than his actual name? :D

Krul

Simpson  Campbell  Colo    Enrique

Tiote

Barton

Guthrie                                Jonas

Ameobi  Carroll

Guest Tall Striker

Krul

Simpson  Campbell   Colo    Enrique

Tiote

Barton

Guthrie                                 Jonas

Ameobi   Carroll

Aye, because Guthrie on the wing worked really well on Saturday.