Wayne Rooney

SEMTEX

f***ing amazing stuff. Even though the stuff in the media seemed really convincing, this is still stunning news IMO.

Agreed, I'm still in shock about this.

Its great though isnt it..There has been plenty of drama this season so far.

Definitely. So entertaining. Going over to RedCafe every hour or so is also great. This whole thing is fantastic.

Place is in a complete meltdown, fragmented into 200000000000 threads of panicking reds.

Made me think of what would happen if Messi ever wanted to leave!

For some reason I just get the impression that another Messi would appear.  :lol:

The new Messi will appear years before the current Messi, displacing the current Messi from the squad. He'll get disheartened and starting eating more, and Barca will fob him off on some Italian team.

Why are people shocked exactly? Rooney isn't signing a new contract with Man U and has seemingly fallen out with Alex Ferguson? Don't know why, but I don't find that shocking. Ferguson has a track record of falling out with his 'Star' players, and Rooney hasn't been right for months - I said in the England Thread I wouldn't be surprised if he walked away from Football before his 26th Birthday.

Admittedly I thought he was just fed up for football in general, should have perhaps realised it was old blunderbusting Fergie that had pissed him off.

As some have mentioned he's approaching nearly a decade of playing Professional football at the highest level, with the highest demand and expectation.

Tevez has been saying similar, that he's had enough of football, the demands on his body and the impact on his life and could walk away any moment. Would be hilarious if him and Rooney partner upfront again this time for citeh, for them both to stop playing in a years time.  :lol:

I don't think Rooney would ever turn his back on football though, there's more chance he runs his contract down and becomes a king at Everton and I don't believe he'd really do that either.

Fergie's not dumb. I bet there's a lot more to this story than Rooney wanting to leave for no reason. I bet Fergie knows why he wants to leave but is setting up the media/fans to put pressure on Rooney. He'll probably leave, but it'll be for a good reason. It probably won't be money or titles because Man Utd can offer both in abundance. I think it'll be his private life, which is a legitimate reason. I think Fergie's probably pissed off that Rooney tried to force his hand early which is why he's playing the media like he is now. Maybe if Rooney had agreed to a Ronaldo scenario (play for one more year, then leave) then things would have been fine, but he's only a year and a bit remaining on his contract so I could see how that wouldn't end up well for Fergie (renege on the agreement, leave for £5m next year), so he's probably said 'sign now and you can leave next year', and Rooney's probably thinking that he could be forced into staying if he signs a long term deal. Rooney's a footballer so he's automatically a pretty dumb bastard, but he's not dumb enough to want out of Man Utd for shits and giggles.

Why are people shocked exactly? Rooney isn't signing a new contract with Man U and has seemingly fallen out with Alex Ferguson? Don't know why, but I don't find that shocking. Ferguson has a track record of falling out with his 'Star' players, and Rooney hasn't been right for months - I said in the England Thread I wouldn't be surprised if he walked away from Football before his 26th Birthday.

Admittedly I thought he was just fed up for football in general, should have perhaps realised it was old blunderbusting Fergie that had pissed him off.

As some have mentioned he's approaching nearly a decade of playing Professional football at the highest level, with the highest demand and expectation.

Barring Ronaldo which was a special - record-breaking - case, players in contract don't really leave Man Utd unless they're on the way down. In terms of wages they can compete with the best on and to me they remain the third biggest draw in world football. To an uneducated Englishman like Rooney (ie not the kind of guy who fancies living abroad) they probably rank even higher than that, and especially if you're already there and up to very recently their best player. It's still a surprise to me to see one of the best players in the world wanting out.

Got to be worrying times for Man Utd fans.

Barring Ronaldo which was a special - record-breaking - case, players in contract don't really leave Man Utd unless they're on the way down. In terms of wages they can compete with the best on and to me they remain the third biggest draw in world football. To an uneducated Englishman like Rooney (ie not the kind of guy who fancies living abroad) they probably rank even higher than that, and especially if you're already there and up to very recently their best player. It's still a surprise to me to see one of the best players in the world wanting out.

Enjoy, bathe in it for a while..it feels nice.

Enjoy, bathe in it for a while..it feels nice.

:thup: :iamatwat:

Fergie's not dumb. I bet there's a lot more to this story than Rooney wanting to leave for no reason. I bet Fergie knows why he wants to leave but is setting up the media/fans to put pressure on Rooney. He'll probably leave, but it'll be for a good reason. It probably won't be money or titles because Man Utd can offer both in abundance. I think it'll be his private life, which is a legitimate reason. I think Fergie's probably pissed off that Rooney tried to force his hand early which is why he's playing the media like he is now. Maybe if Rooney had agreed to a Ronaldo scenario (play for one more year, then leave) then things would have been fine, but he's only a year and a bit remaining on his contract so I could see how that wouldn't end up well for Fergie (renege on the agreement, leave for £5m next year), so he's probably said 'sign now and you can leave next year', and Rooney's probably thinking that he could be forced into staying if he signs a long term deal. Rooney's a footballer so he's automatically a pretty dumb bastard, but he's not dumb enough to want out of Man Utd for shits and giggles.

I think we can all agree Fergie really does know why Rooney wants to leave. He said he had a meeting with him about it, can't imagine Rooney just sat their scowling not saying anything. Fergie knows, but he's not going to say to protect Rooney from the media. I'm sure it's a private matter and if Rooney wants the public to know he'll go add to his biography.

If that Webster ruling is for real and he can go for five mill next summer, they'll have to sell him in January at cut price to a club Rooney will agree terms with. The obvious qualifier for the latter is Citeh.

It is for real, this is how we signed Jonas. Rooney just has to declare his intention to leave within two weeks of the final PL game of the season, and can only be to a foreign club.

Everton get 25% of any profit they make on Rooney :thup:

Man U to sell him a penny less they paid for him?  :lol:

You might laugh or call me a Spurs fan but I was passed on some genuine "ITK" info today that came directly from Citeh.

They will offer up to £70m this Jan.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

You might laugh or call me a Spurs fan but I was passed on some genuine "ITK" info today that came directly from Citeh.

Not bad.

Not bad.

More likely he will go to Real Madrid for £5m in the summer.

The Rooney deal had loads of add-ons. So would you measure profit from the maximum value (£27m), or the inital payment?

I've read conflicting things on the internet tonight but it seems to be that it's the actual amount paid (supposedly £26m)

If he goes for £70m then that's over £10m for EFC.

After the Glazers take their share Fergie will be shopping in the bargain basement for Rooney's replacement :lol:

Would be surprised if he went for anything over £30m.

Everton might be able to get themselves a Perch from the scraps.

So he's worth a third of Ronaldo, who also wanted out of Man Utd?

I assume Ronaldo had a lot longer on his contract left.

FIFA rules state that he can leave for the cost of the wages remaining on his contract plus his last transfer fee minus depreciation. That will definitely be less than £10m. But he has to go abroad for that to happen.