Newcastle United 0 - 4 Arsenal (CC) - 27/10/10 - post match reaction from p21

Dave

So fucking annoying that when something is there for the taking (the presumption Arsenal starts with pretty much their kids) we don't go for it. Especially when Hughton fucking plays Carroll, Jonas and Barton for pretty much an entire half as well, so much for "saving" them for the weekend. Fuck right off. :angry:

So much more annoying than just losing when you know it could have been won if we'd not went with our reserves.

Most of the Arsenal kids are better than our first team.

It'd not have ended 0-4 if say, Colo, Enrique, Jonas, Carroll, Tiote and Barton had started. I dare say we'd probably have won it against the players they started with if we'd gone for it.

A similar line up beat Chelsea but I bet people would have been saying exactly the same if we lost that one. I don't mind having priorities, it was a risk throwing on Carroll, Barton and Jonas but maybe he cared a little more than he made out. I still would have gone for that line up (or similar), as defeatist as it is to some people the league is priority 1, 2 and 3 for me.

The main issue was right back, why play our shittest player up against their best player (in the starting eleven)? If we'd have a player playing there with some sense of tactical nous and timing we could have seen a different match. Granted, hindsights 20/20, but regardless on if I'd agree with most of the players in the starting eleven I was fuming by the sight of Perch's name in it. Fuck Perch. It's the first player who plays for us that I genuinely have started to literally despise. He's just so fucking shit.

Er, Perch didn't play at right back. At any point.

Had a decent enough game, as well, considering the score.

So fucking annoying that when something is there for the taking (the presumption Arsenal starts with pretty much their kids) we don't go for it. Especially when Hughton fucking plays Carroll, Jonas and Barton for pretty much an entire half as well, so much for "saving" them for the weekend. Fuck right off. :angry:

So much more annoying than just losing when you know it could have been won if we'd not went with our reserves.

It'd not have ended 0-4 if say, Colo, Enrique, Jonas, Carroll, Tiote and Barton had started. I dare say we'd probably have won it against the players they started with if we'd gone for it.

A similar line up beat Chelsea but I bet people would have been saying exactly the same if we lost that one. I don't mind having priorities, it was a risk throwing on Carroll, Barton and Jonas but maybe he cared a little more than he made out. I still would have gone for that line up (or similar), as defeatist as it is to some people the league is priority 1, 2 and 3 for me.

The main issue was right back, why play our shittest player up against their best player (in the starting eleven)? If we'd have a player playing there with some sense of tactical nous and timing we could have seen a different match. Granted, hindsights 20/20, but regardless on if I'd agree with most of the players in the starting eleven I was fuming by the sight of Perch's name in it. Fuck Perch. It's the first player who plays for us that I genuinely have started to literally despise. He's just so fucking shit.

Left back, obviously.

Perch played in the centre. Kadar was left back. :lol:

I'm never happy to lose but we were in the game for a long while despite having a much weaker side out than them. It took a couple of spunky goals for them to get ahead and once they had a bit of daylight they were always going to hit us on the break.

At least we have got through the game without injuries to any senior players and have re-confirmed that we have limited resources in reserve.

Bring on Sunday and the filth from down the road.

Left back, obviously.

Not according to the team sheet they showed on my telly. :lol: He was shit regardless. It angers me.

Left back, obviously.

Not according to the team sheet they showed on my telly. :lol: He was shit regardless. It angers me.

Did you even watch it? :razz:

Left back, obviously.

Did you even watch it? :razz:

Yes.

Where is the NUFC fans ffs, this is embarrassing support by our fans.

On the internet. :rolleyes:

:thup:

Can't stand people slagging the fans off when they're not there themselves, it's a joke.

Here here (as neesy would say)

Errrrr...don't you mean SDBS?

But I concur, slagging off your own supporters when you're not there = shit.

I'm sorry, bur again, did no one notice Smith getting booked TWICE?!

Did that actually happen?

No.

Right. What am I missing here?

Well... Nothing. Because it didn't happen.

Where is the NUFC fans ffs, this is embarrassing support by our fans.

On the internet. :rolleyes:

:thup:

Can't stand people slagging the fans off when they're not there themselves, it's a joke.

Here here (as neesy would say)

Errrrr...don't you mean SDBS?

But I concur, slagging off your own supporters when you're not there = shit.

12,000 more there than SAFC got in their home game v a prem team in this comp. = :thup: for me.

Means absolutely nothing this loss.

If anything, it was a good run out for the likes of Vuckic, Kadar and Ranger, even though none of them had a blinder. Encouraging to see that we got so much better after the subs, and we all know that Colo+Enrique are ten times the defenders and players that Perch and Kadar are.

Smith got booked in the first half for the tackle out wide. After the goal, he complained, touched the ref, and another yellow was shown.

There were definitely two yellows, I think both to Smith, but the BBC only showed one card as being shown to anyone online.

Nobody was booked after a goal. Smith and Barton were booked for us.

Left back, obviously.

How do you watch the entire game and don't see that he was CB? And he wasn't shit at all, surprisingly good there iyam.