Newcastle United 0 - 4 Arsenal (CC) - 27/10/10 - post match reaction from p21

Dave

Can't believe that people giving Ranger more than average marks, were watching the same game as me. He was woeful. As for Lovenkrands, he struggled because no one was picking out his runs, and if they did it was too late and he was offside.

Their fans were c**ts but the atmosphere tonight was awful. Too many foreigners

Either Rangers legs have no bones in them or he seriously needs to change his studs. He just cant stand up!

Eh? Quite the opposite, as far as I was concerned. He stayed on his feet when others would have fallen like a dying swan and earned a penalty.

They were basically playing basketball in the first half and getting away with it. I counted at least 3 handballs in dangerous positions, one in the box. Put the ridiculous second goal on top of that and I'd say while we definitely deserved to lose through our catastrophic defending, we didn't deserve to lose by that much.

Either Rangers legs have no bones in them or he seriously needs to change his studs. He just cant stand up!

Eh? Quite the opposite, as far as I was concerned. He stayed on his feet when others would have fallen like a dying swan and earned a penalty.

He did in that one instance, but he lost his balance quite a few times when he was changing direction.

Krul - 6. Did well, apart from the first goal.

Taylor - 4 Struggled.

Williamson - 6 Did his best to hold things together.

Perch 5 - Usual dodgy moments.

Kadar 4 - Was out of position and looked it.

Routledge 5 - Struggled in possession, and poor defensively.

Vukcic 7 - Mainly for effort. Didn't shirk responsibility and had his moments. Promising.

Smith 6 - Did his job and no more.

Guthrie 5 - Tried hard in a midfield that was largely overrun.

Lovenkrands 2 - a point for each time he touched the ball, and that is not an exaggeration.

Ranger 7 - Very raw, but caused a few problems with his pace and strength.

Carroll 7 - Selfish on occasion, but was a threat.

Barton 7 - Introduced composure and creativity. Disappointing to see him lose it at the end. He does get irritated when he thinks that the opposition is taking the piss.

Jonas 7 - A handful as usual.

Decent game to watch 1st half... scrappy 1st for them.. 2nd a farce of the offside rule.. then two more as we chased it.

Perch looked much better at CB I have to say.

Ranger needs the confidence to shoot, he gets that he will be a great player... Vuckic showed some class tonight, best he has looked for us.

Oh aye Loven was crap, invisible.

Some thoughts on the match:

Arsenal obviously deserved their win, 4-0 flattered them though. My favourite part of the game was even at three/four down we didn't give up, we were always willing to have a go.

The second game changing goal was a fucking disgrace. Two offsides and a blatent foul in the build up. Was the highlight from another shite performance from the match officials.

Perch had a good game, Vuckic looked decent too.

Ranger was awful. Looks like Shola without the finish.

I wish Lovenkrands would spend his energy on getting onside instead of constantly running at the keeper. I can't really say hes finished, yet, against an awful team and with better service he still stands a good chance of scoring.

Krul 5 - fine other than first goal howler

R.Taylor 4 - far too much room allowed to Vela

Perch 6 - best game for us, did fine

Williamson 5 - tried his best

Kadar 5 - didn't look comfortable

Routledge 3 - full of shit

Smith 6 - strong in the tackle and unlucky not to score

Guthrie 5 - faded badly and gifted them a goal

Vuckic 5 - glimpses of quality

Lovenkrands 4 - contributed bugger all other than drifting offside like a Sunday morning player

Ranger 5 - mixed bag

Subs:

Gutierrez 5 - had a go

Carroll 6 - gave us attacking impetus

Barton 5 - popped up everywhere, too late to impact the game

Arsenal obviously deserved their win, 4-0 flattered them though. My favourite part of the game was even at three/four down we didn't give up, we were always willing to have a go.

The second game changing goal was a fucking disgrace. Two offsides and a blatent foul in the build up. Was the highlight from another shite performance from the match officials.

Ranger was one of your best players.

I think Ranger and Vuckic will turn out to be top players for us if we manage their development right... wish Nile had scored or dived when he rounded the keeper!

In the end we deserved to get beat, but not by that much. Not much to be depressed or annoyed about, just the pecking order at the moment.

Was surprised to see Hughton bring on the first team players, stupid decision IMO. I've seen it done by many managers in the cup mind, they really can't decide whether it matters or it doesn't.

Goal 1: Spawny own goal

Goal 2: Should have been ruled out for a foul

Goal 3: Individual error, good finish

Goal 4: Spawny through ball (intended for Emmanuel-Thomas who stretched and missed it) and good finish

Arsenal were anything but mercurial or brilliant there. We were poor in the second half for large parts but unlucky imo.

I can see your frustration at the 2nd goal and indeed the final scoreline but I thought Arsenal were pretty good tonight and showed their class quite emphatically.

Totally agree, thought he looked more than decent. Some surprisingly penetrating runs as well, which I don't normally associate with him.

Guest Geordiesned

Men against boys. Unfortunately for the most part they were the boys!

Oh well, 3-0 let's move on to Sunday. I won't call it 4-0 as I'm not counting the 2nd. The latest entry in the growing list of evidence that Andre Marriner is a bent fucking cunt.

The second game changing goal was a f***ing disgrace. Two offsides and a blatent foul in the build up. Was the highlight from another s**** performance from the match officials.

He wasn't like. Can't fault his effort but there was no quality there.

I wish Lovenkrands would spend his energy on getting onside instead of constantly running at the keeper. I can't really say hes finished, yet, against an awful team and with better service he still stands a good chance of scoring.

He's a never-was, mate. I hate to say that about such a good pro, but we're talking about a guy who was doing absolutely nowt with his career at 27. He's now nearly 31, with his main attribute all but gone. We can't really expect owt else.

I won't call it 4-0 as I'm not counting the 2nd. The latest entry in the growing list of evidence that Andre Marriner is a bent fucking cunt.

:thup:

Hope he gets cock rot. Some fucking awful decisions.

The second game changing goal was a f***ing disgrace. Two offsides and a blatent foul in the build up. Was the highlight from another s**** performance from the match officials.

:lol:

Except he was. Not outstanding but caused problems for the Arsenal defence. How can you single Ranger out for (unjustified) criticism ahead of Lovenkrands, Routledge and Taylor, to name 3?

:lol:

Whats your point? He more or less fell over or mis-controlled it whenever it came near him. His brightest moment of the match was where he went clear and took it rounded the keeper. Shame he didn't look up.

Except he was. Not outstanding but caused problems for the Arsenal defence. How can you single Ranger out for (unjustified) criticism ahead of Lovenkrands, Routledge and Taylor, to name 3?

Yep.