Best penalty you've ever seen?

James

Pele in a friendly at Sheffield Wednesday in a friendly - he changed feet and direction about six times as he ran in and just stroked it into the opposite corner - and that was against the England Keeper at the time

Forlán scores some scorchers from the spot, like. My favorite is one he scored against Ecuador in injury time in the WC quals. Probably the best penalty taker playing in a big league, imho.

last minute top corner job? Aye that was perfect, all his pens generally seem to be on the unstoppable side.

Forlán scores some scorchers from the spot, like. My favorite is one he scored against Ecuador in injury time in the WC quals. Probably the best penalty taker playing in a big league, imho.

last minute top corner job? Aye that was perfect, all his pens generally seem to be on the unstoppable side.

Yes, that one. His penalty against South Africa in the WC was also amazing. Top corner job too.

Really, it's got to the point that I get giddy every time Atlético get a pen.

If you put it right in the top corner the keeper ain't getting it but its easier to put it low. Trying for the top corner and you're running the risk of putting it over or more likely mid height where the keepers got a real chance of saving it.

Shearer is was the master, Shola is was the pupil  :aww:

Shola always seems to change his penalty technique too.

Had a great view of his on Sunday. The angle allowed me to tell it was in from the moment he connected.

No word of exaggeration, this was easily one of the best I've ever seen. The way it smashes into the actual side netting, the fact Mignolet flung himself completely the right way and still had no chance. Absolutely ridiculous penalty.