Arsenal 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 07/11/10 - post match reaction from page 35

Dave

Dress code

Hughton Suit.......................................... 9 sharp.

Venger Converted sleeping bag............ 1 fail

hahaha... I had a few mates over today to watch the game with me and the lass.  Everyone all said the same about the sleeping bag look Wegner had! glad others noticed! haha.

Guest guinness_fiend

Btw, you all mocked me when I started the thread about Hughton's crappy tracksuit. Now he's donned a proper whistle, we're doing the business. Suck on that, you massive chods.

:lol:

I'm being generous after that performance.

Krul 8 - Commanded his area, a great stop from Nasri, but wasn't overly tested.

Simpson 9 - Best game of his career for us, made some cracking tackles.

Williamson 9 - Didn't put a foot wrong.

Colo 9 - Love the guy. Turning into an accomplished Premier League centre half.

Enrique 10 - Yes, 10. Had Walcott in his back pocket today. Study him a lot and he does everything right as a full back. Literally everything.

Barton 7 - Didn't offer too much, but battled hard and created the goal.

Tiote 10 - Another 10. Running out of superlatives, bossed the midfield and stopped the likes of Fabregas and Arshavin from creating anything of note.

Nolan 6 - Much like Barton didn't do much but his leadership and effort is of clear value.

Jonas 6 - Didn't let their full backs bomb on and never stopped running. Not much end prodcut though.

Shola 7 - Did a very good job playing two roles, helping pack the midfield and supporting Carroll.

Carroll 8 - Caused them problems all day and did very well to beat the keeper for the goal.

Ranger 6 - Did well to get the wrong side of their centre back to draw the red card.

Just went on Arsenal Mania to see what they thought and remembered where we got that smiley from. :lol:

:mike:

I've just had a look, one lad said they should sign Tiote, another said we played like Chelsea (page 12 of the match thread).  :lol:

I'm being generous after that performance.

Krul 8 - Commanded his area, a great stop from Nasri, but wasn't overly tested.

Simpson 9 - Best game of his career for us, made some cracking tackles.

Williamson 9 - Didn't put a foot wrong.

Colo 9 - Love the guy. Turning into an accomplished Premier League centre half.

Enrique 10 - Yes, 10. Had Walcott in his back pocket today. Study him a lot and he does everything right as a full back. Literally everything.

Barton 7 - Didn't offer too much, but battled hard and created the goal.Tiote 10 - Another 10. Running out of superlatives, bossed the midfield and stopped the likes of Fabregas and Arshavin from creating anything of note.

Nolan 6 - Much like Barton didn't do much but his leadership and effort is of clear value.

Jonas 6 - Didn't let their full backs bomb on and never stopped running. Not much end prodcut though.

Shola 7 - Did a very good job playing two roles, helping pack the midfield and supporting Carroll.

Carroll 8 - Caused them problems all day and did very well to beat the keeper for the goal.

Ranger 6 - Did well to get the wrong side of their centre back to draw the red card.

:dowie:

Guest elbee909

I see the London press tried to do their usual thing before we played one of their teams.  Not the first time a "story" has come out in such a timely way.

We did out-pass them at times and I could hear our fans chearing a few times when we held on to the ball for reasonably long periods.

I was at the game and can confirm that on occasions we did out pass Arsenal. We gave an "ole" to every pass and sang Geordie boys take the piss to the Arsenal fans.

It would be be silly to use terms like "dominated" and "out clased" but it IS fair to say at times we out passed Arsenal. Esp second half. Credit where credit is due..

MOTD2 starting now on BBC2, might aswell watch the goal again (not in HD like)

See what Colin Murray and the guys have to say about our performance.

obviously going to focus on how arsenal fucked up rather than how we were good

MOTD2 starting now on BBC2, might aswell watch the goal again (not in HD like)

See what Colin Murray and the guys have to say about our performance.

love seeing KK in toon strip at start :smitten: