Newcastle United vs Blackburn Rovers 19:45 10/11/10 Pre-Match thread

joeyt

Guest neesy111

If you're not prepared to rotate when you have 3 games in 6 days then I don't know when.

Let's see how many teams in the division will do this, I suspect not very many.  It's the same over xmas and you don't see many teams rotating then as well.

Apart from the vast majority if not all, no, not many.

Let's see, but why the fuck change a winning team.  It's pointless, and tbf if i was a player in that 11 and then got dropped tomorrow then I wouldn't be happy.

This talk of resting players in November is laughable.  If our footballers can't play 38 games a season then they shouldn't be playing in this division.  It's not like our starting 11 played in all of our carling cup matches as well.

Hello Martin O'Neill. It's not the 70's anymore.

Tell me how many games does Messi, Ronaldo etc play a season. 60+

I remember shearer playing 58 games for us one season, and this was at the latter of his career.

Which season was that?

Can't remember the last time I was looking forward this much to a game or was feeling this positive about NUFC.

Line-up speaks for itself. Should be able to give Ranger a proper runout again, seems like Hughton prefers him ahead of Lövenkrands right now which is great news.

If you're not prepared to rotate when you have 3 games in 6 days then I don't know when.

Let's see how many teams in the division will do this, I suspect not very many.  It's the same over xmas and you don't see many teams rotating then as well.

Let's see, but why the fuck change a winning team.  It's pointless, and tbf if i was a player in that 11 and then got dropped tomorrow then I wouldn't be happy.

Big, big difference. They wouldn't be being 'dropped' as that implies their level of performance wasn't good enough. It's nothing to do with "changing a winning team".

I wouldn't expect any team to be able to give 100% in each of the 3 games in a 6 day period. If you think you're an exception to that then fair enough.

If I was doing the teamtalk I select "warn against complacency".

I'd "go out and do this for the fans" tbh.

Against Blackburn? Poor management.

Chris is better than that.

Err, yes. For the fans who hate Fat Sam. :snod:

DON'T QUESTION MA AUTHORITEEEH!

Big, big difference. They wouldn't be being 'dropped' as that implies their level of performance wasn't good enough. It's nothing to do with "changing a winning team".

I wouldn't expect any team to be able to give 100% in each of the 3 games in a 6 day period. If you think you're an exception to that then fair enough.

Neil is quite right, Hughton is the manager, so he needs to manage the teams short, medium and long-term needs. The first two are a lot easier to influence, though with good management, you can improve your chances of success at the latter

I'm all for keeping the same team and not resting any players, but a potential reason to do so would be to give a bit of a run out to the bench warmers (eg. Sol and Routledge) and give them somewhat of a chance to force their way into the first 11.

Guest Stephen927

I don't know what the conditioning of the players is, but it's a home game against relegation rivals, strongest team all the way if it's possible. Fancy our chances more against Blackburn because they play to our strengths in their attacks. Tougher to break down but I can see us giving them problems in the aerial battle.

Guest neesy111

Some people are seriously understating the fitness of our players.  3 games in 6 days which only happens once or twice season, should be nothing for these players especially in november.

Guest neesy111

I'm all for keeping the same team and not resting any players, but a potential reason to do so would be to give a bit of a run out to the bench warmers (eg. Sol and Routledge) and give them somewhat of a chance to force their way into the first 11.

They'll have to wait, routledge had a chance earlier in the season in which his performances were very inconsistent.

They'll have to wait, routledge had a chance earlier in the season in which his performances were very inconsistent.

Oh i definetely do not want any changes to be made. I just think that this could pose potential reasoning to make any changes.

Guest neesy111

Some people are seriously understating the fitness of our players.  3 games in 6 days which only happens once or twice season, should be nothing for these players especially in november.

I agree. Even "fatty" Nolan fitness is fuckin immense.

He also had a 3 week rest in October.

Shola could be doubtful according to .com.

If it's true and he misses out would hope Hughton puts Ranger up there instead of Loven or going to 4-5-1.

He was just giving it the big one a few days ago saying his injuries are behind him, nowt like jynxing it Shola. Hopefully just a niggle.

I agree with Ranger>McLovenuts.