let's settle this Luque shite once and for all

Guest Invicta_Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

give him 4-5 games regardless of what he does, let him play and then judge after them games - he has to have a fair chance!!!

And if he's great, we've got a striker reborn who can either do a job for us or go for better money than he would have done otherwise.

If he's dismal, we could have dropped points in more 'easy' matches- sending us closer to the bottom of the table and needing to get points from tougher matches.

It's very, very hard to take a risk like that when points are so absolutely vital. You can't blame a manager for picking someone you know will be average over someone who could be decent or terrible in equal measure in our position. If confidence is sky-high and the points are rolling in, it's a lot easier to give players a run in a winning side.

Yet another stupid poll. To think you slag me for my posts. What a joke that is.

Anyway, Luque doesn't need 3 games, he needs 10 no matter what. His rent-boys have made that clear, seems you can't read.

</insertexpletives>

3 games would be fine when he hasn't even had two.

Yet another stupid poll. To think you slag me for my posts. What a joke that is.

Anyway, Luque doesn't need 3 games, he needs 10 no matter what. His rent-boys have made that clear, seems you can't read.

</insertexpletives>

3 games would be fine when he hasn't even had two.

The club can't afford to give this bloke a run of games just for the sake of it. He's got to prove to the manager that he's worthy of a run. That's the bottom line. There is too much at stake.

Guest Gemmill

give him 4-5 games regardless of what he does, let him play and then judge after them games - he has to have a fair chance!!!

Not according to certain soopafans he doesn't, they saw everything they needed to see the moment he didn't score a hatrick in his first game.  You have to understand that some people can judge a player instantly.  They don't need knowledge or logic of course, they only need to hear there nearest thick drunk gobshite shouting about lazy spaniards and they just know...... Sheep the lot of them

Jesus, you don't half talk shit.  Soopafans?  What are you on about?  If you mean people that actually have to pay money to suffer this feckless cockend then that's not soopafans, that's just plain old fans. 

If you think that in a relegation battle we can afford to put someone who doesn't give a fuck in for 4 or 5 games just to see what he's like, then you haven't got a clue.  No one's on about him not scoring a hat trick - that's a lazy argument designed to divert attention away from how shite the lad has been.  We don't expect hat tricks, we expect and demand some effort, and we're getting none.  So he can fuck off.

Not according to certain soopafans he doesn't, they saw everything they needed to see the moment he didn't score a hatrick in his first game.  You have to understand that some people can judge a player instantly.  They don't need knowledge or logic of course, they only need to hear there nearest thick drunk gobshite shouting about lazy spaniards and they just know...... Sheep the lot of them

Jesus, you don't half talk shit.  Soopafans?  What are you on about?  If you mean people that actually have to pay money to suffer this feckless cockend then that's not soopafans, that's just plain old fans. 

If you think that in a relegation battle we can afford to put someone who doesn't give a **** in for 4 or 5 games just to see what he's like, then you haven't got a clue.  No one's on about him not scoring a hat trick - that's a lazy argument designed to divert attention away from how shite the lad has been.  We don't expect hat tricks, we expect and demand some effort, and we're getting none.  So he can **** off.

I've noticed a definite improvement in your writing style in recent times Gemmill, particularly when you post about Luque.  ;)

Good stuff. And true, which is the main thing.

"If you think that in a relegation battle we can afford to put someone who doesn't give a **** in for 4 or 5 games just to see what he's like, then you haven't got a clue.  No one's on about him not scoring a hat trick - that's a lazy argument designed to divert attention away from how shite the lad has been.  We don't expect hat tricks, we expect and demand some effort, and we're getting none.  So he can **** off." Gemma

Fully agree. blueyes.gif

Btw this thread could easily be merged with the other one poll and al. bluewink.gif

Guest Gemmill

Jesus, you don't half talk shit.  Soopafans?  What are you on about?   If you mean people that actually have to pay money to suffer this feckless cockend then that's not soopafans, that's just plain old fans. 

If you think that in a relegation battle we can afford to put someone who doesn't give a **** in for 4 or 5 games just to see what he's like, then you haven't got a clue.  No one's on about him not scoring a hat trick - that's a lazy argument designed to divert attention away from how shite the lad has been.  We don't expect hat tricks, we expect and demand some effort, and we're getting none.  So he can **** off.

I've noticed a definite improvement in your writing style in recent times Gemmill, particularly when you post about Luque.  ;)

It's one topic where I just cannot get my head round the defence for the lad.  He has shown absolutely nothing in black and white - neither ability nor desire - his most impressive performances have come in his pathetic simpering interviews in the press, usually followed up by ineffectual performances on the pitch that make a mockery of the fighting talk he's come up with just days earlier.

And yet somehow there's still a gang of people prepared to back him while he takes the piss.  It amazes me more and more as time goes on.

"If you think that in a relegation battle we can afford to put someone who doesn't give a **** in for 4 or 5 games just to see what he's like, then you haven't got a clue.  No one's on about him not scoring a hat trick - that's a lazy argument designed to divert attention away from how shite the lad has been.  We don't expect hat tricks, we expect and demand some effort, and we're getting none.  So he can **** off." Gemma

Fully agree. blueyes.gif

Btw this thread could easily be merged with the other one poll and al. bluewink.gif

It could be merged, but the poll is should be binned. It's a load of shite and typical of Vicki, like.

Guest ChickenKiev

It's one topic where I just cannot get my head round the defence for the lad.  He has shown absolutely nothing in black and white - neither ability nor desire - his most impressive performances have come in his pathetic simpering interviews in the press, usually followed up by ineffectual performances on the pitch that make a mockery of the fighting talk he's come up with just days earlier.

And yet somehow there's still a gang of people prepared to back him while he takes the piss.  It amazes me more and more as time goes on.

I would be right behind you (not literally of course!) if the lad performed as you say in every match, say like Ameobi. But it amazes me even more that you can have such a strong opinion of him when he's hardly ever played! I feel like we've spent so much money on somebody who showed good talent in the past and i just want to see the bas*ard play, and I don't mean the odd few minutes a month, or when we've got such a weak squad he's the only one left, or have him play after the manager comes out with stupid remarks like "this is his chance to prove himself". Never heard anybody put that sort of pressure on ameobi and he's never proved himself. I'm not a teenage-spanish-chorizo-sucker either. I just want Newcastle to play some decent football for a change.

Guest Gemmill

Jesus, you don't half talk shit.  Soopafans?  What are you on about?   If you mean people that actually have to pay money to suffer this feckless cockend then that's not soopafans, that's just plain old fans. 

I would be right behind you (not literally of course!) if the lad performed as you say in every match, say like Ameobi. But it amazes me even more that you can have such a strong opinion of him when he's hardly ever played! I feel like we've spent so much money on somebody who showed good talent in the past and i just want to see the bas*ard play, and I don't mean the odd few minutes a month, or when we've got such a weak squad he's the only one left, or have him play after the manager comes out with stupid remarks like "this is his chance to prove himself". Never heard anybody put that sort of pressure on ameobi and he's never proved himself. I'm not a teenage-spanish-chorizo-sucker either. I just want Newcastle to play some decent football for a change.

Shola looks a much better bet than Luque mate.  I've said this before, but based on what they've done in black and white, if it's a straight choice between the two it's Shola every time.  I don't think Shola's great, far from it, but I've got a lot more faith in him than I have in Luque.  And I'm sorry, but to say that there's been no pressure on Shola is bollocks.

I'm well aware that Luque hasn't played that much, but it's primarily because he doesn't deserve to.  You seem to think he hasn't been given a chance at all, and I would agree that he hasn't been given much of one, but the displays when he has got a game haven't merited it.  Think about it - it would be the easiest thing in the world for this lad to think to himself tonight "Right, I've got a game tonight.  I know what the fans want from me - they want effort and they want to see me play like I care about the team and the club.  For 90 minutes I'm gonna give them that."  Piece of piss.  But he won't do it. 

According to the poll as it stands there are 13 "sheep" but 84 independantly minded football experts who know better than someone who sees the player train nearly every day.

I guess they know better using a combination of their extensive knowledge of Spanish footy (watching all of Luque's games in full of course), and an uncanny ability to extrapolate how he played there in a different team with a different system against different opposition styles based on his performances for us which by their own admission have been very limited. I for one am very impressed that we have so many expert analysts as our fans, and that they can all come to the same conclusion independantly using their knowledge and logic (for they are the ones who are not sheep of course) with much less information to hand than the manager is simply staggering.

Guest ChickenKiev

According to the poll as it stands there are 13 "sheep" but 84 independantly minded football experts who know better than someone who sees the player train nearly every day.

I guess they know better using a combination of their extensive knowledge of Spanish footy (watching all of Luque's games in full of course), and an uncanny ability to extrapolate how he played there in a different team with a different system against different opposition styles based on his performances for us which by their own admission have been very limited. I for one am very impressed that we have so many expert analysts as our fans, and that they can all come to the same conclusion independantly using their knowledge and logic (for they are the ones who are not sheep of course) with much less information to hand than the manager is simply staggering.

That's befuddled me  :confused:

Guest ChickenKiev

Shola looks a much better bet than Luque mate.  I've said this before, but based on what they've done in black and white, if it's a straight choice between the two it's Shola every time.  I don't think Shola's great, far from it, but I've got a lot more faith in him than I have in Luque.  And I'm sorry, but to say that there's been no pressure on Shola is bollocks.

I'm well aware that Luque hasn't played that much, but it's primarily because he doesn't deserve to.  You seem to think he hasn't been given a chance at all, and I would agree that he hasn't been given much of one, but the displays when he has got a game haven't merited it.  Think about it - it would be the easiest thing in the world for this lad to think to himself tonight "Right, I've got a game tonight.  I know what the fans want from me - they want effort and they want to see me play like I care about the team and the club.  For 90 minutes I'm gonna give them that."  Piece of piss.  But he won't do it. 

Good shout mate. But I feel we see different things when watching the players in question play. Just going to have to agree to dissagree  :thup:

Guest Invicta_Toon

Getting a bit repetitive now like.

At least wait until half 10 tonight and see how he gets on before we continue.  :lol:

does it then become 'does he deserve 2 more games' then?

Guest dasflenst

This may have been mentioned but I can't be arsed reading everything.  It seems obvious to me - he is fucking shit in training.  Surely if he was amazing in training or putting in loads of effort then he'd get a chance.  A lot of players have shit games but they probably work their arse off in training so deserve more chances.  He is clearly shit in training and that's why he never gets a game - no matter what he's done when he has played.