Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

On this Bailey thing, every report I've read says that two of his grandparents hold British passports rather than saying they were actually born in Britain. I'm not sure if it is the case but his grandparents would have to actually have been born in Britain for him to be able to play for England

I’m just sayin’, I don’t wanna hear any gripes about all the foreign-born players who suit up for the U.S. if this kid chooses to play for England :lol:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_England_international_footballers_born_outside_England

Didn’t know Terry Butcher was born in Singapore.

Tucked that safely in me top pocket ready to be retrieved and recited during the next debate about taking are country back. :thup:

I thought he was born in Hong Kong? Knew it was far east though, Was his dad in the army?

I've never been this disinterested in a World Cup before.  Combination of general disillusionment in Football, us being s***, us being in a s*** group, and Russia being a s*** place.

Been there? Heard so much good about Russia (or at least Moscow and St Petersburg), or is this just some ignorant opinion based on what you've read online?

I've never been this disinterested in a World Cup before.  Combination of general disillusionment in Football, us being s***, us being in a s*** group, and Russia being a s*** place.

Been there? Heard so much good about Russia (or at least Moscow and St Petersburg), or is this just some ignorant opinion based on what you've read online?

Russia is an abhorrent country that does horrible things to its people. It’s also the worst possible spot for an international sporting event given its well recorded history of state-sponsored cheating.

If you can ignore all of that I suppose it might be a nice tourist spot, but I have no interest in it whatsoever.

Russia is an abhorrent country that does horrible things to its people. It’s also the worst possible spot for an international sporting event given its well recorded history of state-sponsored cheating.

If you can ignore all of that I suppose it might be a nice tourist spot, but I have no interest in it whatsoever.

I don't disagree, but feels like double standards. Not gonna litter this thread into a political thread however. As a sporting event I think it will be great, especially since their state-sponsored cheating won't mean anything in this sport. 

I don't disagree, but feels like double standards. Not gonna litter this thread into a political thread however. As a sporting event I think it will be great, especially since their state-sponsored cheating won't mean anything in this sport.

You did see the draw, right?

:lol: I did. Every World Cup there's a few weak groups. Let's be honest, the real reason you're not interested is because you think South Korea will come out of this with 0 points. I think you've guys got an ok chance of going through to the next round. Both Sweden and Mexico are underwhelming teams, they're good, but nothing special.

:lol: I did. Every World Cup there's a few weak groups. Let's be honest, the real reason you're not interested is because you think South Korea will come out of this with 0 points. I think you've guys got an ok chance of going through to the next round. Both Sweden and Mexico are underwhelming teams, they're good, but nothing special.

The most corrupt rich country in the world walked into a draw organized by the most corrupt organization in the world and walked away with the weakest group in modern World Cup history.  How confident are you that nothing shady happened?

These guys made Donald Trump President man, you think they can't mess with some ping pong balls in a draw being held in the goddamn Kremlin?

The most corrupt rich country in the world walked into a draw organized by the most corrupt organization in the world and walked away with the weakest group in modern World Cup history.  How confident are you that nothing shady happened?

These guys made Donald Trump President man, you think they can't mess with some ping pong balls in a draw being held in the goddamn Kremlin?

#infowars

I bet these guys can't eat and sleep having to watch matches of a club that is forced to play in the same league as Chelsea and Bournemouth :lol:

Been to South Korea, lovely place. Know a few people who went there for the World Cup in 2002. Great memories.

Some people, man. :lol:Trump FFS ;D

#infowars

I'd pipe down a bit given that anyone with half a brain knows the Russian government is regularly sabotaging international organisations and assassinate any Russian they happen to disagree with.

Despicable government.

#infowars

I'd pipe down a bit given that anyone with half a brain knows the Russian government is regularly sabotaging international organisations and assassinate any Russian they happen to disagree with.

Despicable government.

:lol:

Neymars World Cup could be in jeopardy. Apparently the fifth metatarsal crack was actually a fracture and he's bound to miss at least 2 months and could even be 3 months.

Can there even be a World Cup without the main man?

Nah. No way. Nah. He'll be there. 3 months for that type of injury is pushing it. Mostly so he can relax until the World Cup, unless PSG goes through in the CL.