Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Love that random Group H.

It should be really interesting and competitive, all the teams have a fair chance of going through.

40m people will be praying with every bone in their body that Lewandowski doesn't get injured, we are absolutely fucked if that happens. Our squad depth is generally quite poor and we have both Piszczek and Milik struggling with bad injuries while Błaszczykowski,Glik,and Krychowiak have been relatively poor for their clubs (though they always perform well for the national team). With that being said our record over the past 40 games is quite impressive: 24 wins, 11 draws, 5 losses.

Easily the best Polish side we've had since 1982. I expect us to go through but will probably lose to England or Belgium in the final 16.

Poland v Colombia could be some game.

Having a look at their options I assume Senegal's keeper will be an issue against good teams. Big He Di gets himself out on loan in January and he might get a squad call too.

found it: wc 2014

Newcastle United (5)

Tim Krul (Holland), Cheick Tiote (Ivory Coast), Mathieu Debuchy, Moussa Sissoko (all France), Shola Ameobi (Nigeria)

Where did you get this from? Want to check our numbers.

2018: fucking loads

I’m referring to my feelings.

[emoji38] Who you supporting?

[emoji38] any of the plucky upstarts

Me too.

Germany.

I always used to have an extensive list of likes and dislikes - "wank, wank, wank, good guy, wank, good guy" etc. Soft spot for the Soviet Bloc for some reason, always liked Mexico. Right, gonna give it a go and rank in order in a gratuitously unsystematic manner, find out where my head is at now I'm way to old to care:

1. England, 2. Australia, 3. Iceland, 4. Korea (because Son, Oldtype, SE Asia), 5. Japan, 6. Denmark (because Eriksen), 7. Panama (underdogs), 8. Costa Rica, 9. Croatia (because Modric), 10. Mexico (because chance of great party in local restaurant). 11. Egypt, 12. Morocco, 13. Tunisia (quite like North African teams), 14. Iran, 15. Belgium (because Spurs players), 16. Poland, 17. Peru (down because they knocked out New Zealand in cuntish fashion), 18. Colombia (because least unlikeable of S America), 19. Germany (because 7-1, despite Germany), 20. Senegal, 21. Serbia, 22. Switzerland 23. Nigeria, 24. Sweden, 25. Russia (because hosts, despite best national anthem), 26. Uruguay (lower because Suarez), 27. France, 28. Spain, 29. Argentina, 30. Brazil, 31. Saudi Arabia (because politics), 32. Portugal.

I’m referring to my feelings.

[emoji38] Who you supporting?

[emoji38] any of the plucky upstarts

Me too.

Germany.

I always used to have an extensive list of likes and dislikes - "w***, w***, w***, good guy, w***, good guy" etc. Soft spot for the Soviet Bloc for some reason, always liked Mexico. Right, gonna give it a go and rank in order in a gratuitously unsystematic manner, find out where my head is at now I'm way to old to care:

1. England, 2. Australia, 3. Iceland, 4. Korea (because Son, Oldtype, SE Asia), 5. Japan, 6. Denmark (because Eriksen), 7. Panama (underdogs), 8. Costa Rica, 9. Croatia (because Modric), 10. Mexico (because chance of great party in local restaurant). 11. Egypt, 12. Morocco, 13. Tunisia (quite like North African teams), 14. Iran, 15. Belgium (because Spurs players), 16. Poland, 17. Peru (down because they knocked out New Zealand in cuntish fashion), 18. Colombia (because least unlikeable of S America), 19. Germany (because 7-1, despite Germany), 20. Senegal, 21. Serbia, 22. Switzerland 23. Nigeria, 24. Sweden, 25. Russia (because hosts, despite best national anthem), 26. Uruguay (lower because Suarez), 27. France, 28. Spain, 29. Argentina, 30. Brazil, 31. Saudi Arabia (because politics), 32. Portugal.

Basically, Mike meant he's supporting Liverpool.

The list is flexible if compelling arguments can be made.

Messi

I remain ambivalent. There's a lot of Argentina baggage to counteract, and I quite like the narrative of the best player of all time failing to win the World Cup, for some reason. Also, I have never quite been able to get past the growth hormone thing. There is Lamela though. Let's bump them to 26, above Uruguay. I think I would still prefer Russia to beat Argentina.

1. England, 2. Australia, 3. Iceland, 4. Korea (because Son, Oldtype, SE Asia), 5. Japan, 6. Denmark (because Eriksen), 7. Panama (underdogs), 8. Costa Rica, 9. Croatia (because Modric), 10. Mexico (because chance of great party in local restaurant). 11. Egypt, 12. Morocco, 13. Tunisia (quite like North African teams), 14. Iran, 15. Belgium (because Spurs players), 16. Poland, 17. Peru (down because they knocked out New Zealand in cuntish fashion), 18. Colombia (because least unlikeable of S America), 19. Germany (because 7-1, despite Germany), 20. Senegal, 21. Serbia, 22. Switzerland 23. Nigeria, 24. Sweden, 25. Russia (because hosts, despite best national anthem), 26. Argentina (because Poch and Lamela), 27. Uruguay (lower because Suarez), 28. France, 29. Spain, 30. Brazil, 31. Saudi Arabia (because politics), 32. Portugal.

Messi

I remain ambivalent. There's a lot of Argentina baggage to counteract, and I quite like the narrative of the best player of all time failing to win the World Cup, for some reason. Also, I have never quite been able to get past the growth hormone thing. There is Lamela though. Let's bump them to 26, above Uruguay. I think I would still prefer Russia to beat Argentina.

Not related to the Messi thing but it would be a ridiculously boring tournament if you had your way [emoji38] Most of the teams in your top 10 are teams who are going to sit behind the ball for 90 minutes and add nothing to the tournament

Messi

Not related to the Messi thing but it would be a ridiculously boring tournament if you had your way [emoji38] Most of the teams in your top 10 are teams who are going to sit behind the ball for 90 minutes and add nothing to the tournament

I thought Greece winning the Euros that time was ace :lol:.

I just like underdogs tbh.

I'm backing Iceland, Peru and Tunisia. Wouldn't mind Sweden doing alright either. Denmark needs to burn, though.

Denmark, Argentina, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Spain, Uruguay, Belgium, Russia and Columbia can all go fuck themselves.