Diving

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bans need handing out after a game of a ref missed it, Cole & Drogba yesterday both tried to cheat... even Drigba's handball for his goal should be a red he knew he cheated yet tried to claim the goal.

If the FA act after the fact players wills stop doing it.

Hire an independent panel to look through the incidents of the weekend that the referee misses and hand out bans where they feel necessary. Seriously punish players and they'll more than think twice before doing it again.

Don't get how they book a player pettily for over-exuberant celebrations, but not for pathetic shit like that. Red card offence for dives. Like people say, may damage the game in the short term with all the sending offs. But if refs grow some balls and enforce it, it'll soon leave the game. Just like two footed tackles etc. Punish it consistently, they won't consider it worth the risk.

Guest SuperShola!

Yesterday, it's was abit obvious as soon as the ball came to Drogba and he was running towards it. My mate tapped me on the arm and said "Watch him, he's going to dive" and he right.  It's a stupid thing to do and it should be a straight yellow, wouldn't go as far as a red.

Yesterday, it's was abit obvious as soon as the ball came to Drogba and he was running towards it. My mate tapped me on the arm and said "Watch him, he's going to dive" and he right.  It's a stupid thing to do and it should be a straight yellow, wouldn't go as far as a red.

Why not? Like Drogba cares if he gets a yellow in that situation - the chance to gain a huge advantage in the game is a far greater 'reward' than the yellow card is a punishment.

I think Fifa/FA should think about introducing sin bins for diving, you cacn't get much more blatant that Drogba yesterday neither linesman or ref were bought it, in that case WHY wasn't he booked.

A sin bin maybe an option for the Ramieres type challange, a yellow card doesn't seem to cover it but a red card a bit too harsh. I think sin binning maybe an excellent tool for a ref in todays game. The only doubt I have is that refs may use it as a bit of a cop out when a nasty challenge deserving of a red card instead of sending a player off may give them a stint in the bin.

Rugby League refs do cop out decisions with the "on report" option, but at least something gets reviewed, whether or not the ref sees it.

The game needs cleaning up, I have no problems with the punishments handed out to Willo and Barton but the system needs to be fair.

I just think the red card idea would never work, because referees would then have to 1000% sure in order to call a dive.

I'd much rather see bans being handed out following reviews of video evidence after the game. That would soon stamp out diving as well.

I agree that a post-weekend review system would be much more effective. The red card idea is more a theory than being practical. But it'd sure stamp it out. :laugh:

Hire an independent panel to look through the incidents of the weekend that the referee misses and hand out bans where they feel necessary. Seriously punish players and they'll more than think twice before doing it again.

They have them already, they're called Match of the Day and Sky Sports News.

Oh, I'm overlapping from the Kangaroo Court by TV thread here....  :crazy2:

Guest SuperShola!

Oh, I'm overlapping from the Kangaroo Court by TV thread here....   :crazy2:

Hire the A-team?

Mr.T Can just drive over anyone who dives in his tank. Simples.

Guest palnese

Hire the A-team?

Mr. :tiote: Can just drive over anyone who dives in his tank. Simples.

fyp

Guest SuperShola!

Hire the A-team?

Mr. :tiote: Can just drive over anyone who dives in his tank. Simples.

fyp

Won't need a tank.

Diving in the box or against the last man should be a 2 match ban. The player shoulds be given a yellow card on the day, and then after a review through the week the yellow card should either be overturned (if it is found the player never dived) or turned into a red (if it is found the player did dive) followed by a set ban of (imo) 2 games.

• 1 month later...

Anything happened with Berbatov for his blatant dive against Liverpool on Sunday?

Guessing not, which is a bloody shambles.

Or Walcott, who actually admitted it!

The one that got them the penalty? The defender clearly pulled his arm though, that was a blatant penalty for me (though I only saw it while working, I might not have had a good enough look at it).

Anything happened with Berbatov for his blatant dive against Liverpool on Sunday?

howard webb (mbe and world cup final ref as must be stated every fucking time hes mentioned) said it was a penalty and who are we plebs to argue with him

The one that got them the penalty? The defender clearly pulled his arm though, that was a blatant penalty for me (though I only saw it while working, I might not have had a good enough look at it).

I thought he admitted afterwards that he dived?

I thought he admitted afterwards that he dived?

No idea tbh, but from what I've seen, that was a blatant foul, but he might have dived after being pulled. Like I said, from what I've seen, the defender clearly pulls his arm, forcing Walcott out of balance (doesn't take that much when you're running at full speed) and he then falls over. If he's admitted that he dived, then I clearly haven't seen the situation properly :lol:

Just found his quotes. Not 'diving' persay, but he went down after he felt the contact that you just described there:

"I want to apologise to the managers because I actually dived. I was trying to win the penalty."

"I said to one of their players 'would you have done it?' and he said he probably would have.

"I am not the sort of player to do it, but I own up to it and apologise. It is something I don't want to see in my game."

"I have heard some players say 'if there is a slight touch, go down' and it can work both ways.

"It was one of those things. I am not happy with myself for doing that, but I am happy that we got the draw.

"I had a little joke with the referee afterwards saying 'that was my first dive, can you tell?'.

"I don't have to own up to it and I can't speak for other players, but I have just expressed how I feel. I hope people respect that."

Fair enough, from what I've seen the contact was enough, but it clearly wasn't. Still, his dive was by far not as bad as Berbatov, I'm not sure Theo's is the kind of dive that would warrant a suspension, while I do think that Berbatov's is.

Well the difference is, there was literally no contact with Berbatov's.

I've seen it so many times, the player sticks his leg, Berba misses it, takes another step or two and then just falls. It's pathetic :lol: