Chris Hughton

stozo

I remember us getting a late winner once under Hughton.

Doncaster, Nolan's goal?

Depends what you count as 'late', I guess. I assume you're talking 88' onwards or so?

You're assuming that Chris has even been going for these jobs...

A pretty reasonable assumption I'd have thought, no?

Honestly, not really, no. Really don't know either way, but going on what little he's said (+ what others say about how application processes work for managerial jobs), I doubt he's just gone full-blooded for everything since November.

You're assuming that Chris has even been going for these jobs...

A pretty reasonable assumption I'd have thought, no?

Not at all.  Everyone is assuming he wants all of these jobs.  Maybe he has his eyes set on a few jobs and won't go for one until one he wants opens up.

I doubt every manager out there goes for every job that opens up.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Hughton in this month's (July 2011) FourFourTwo magazine, in the performance section.

"How to force the opposition to play long" and "5 minutes to go and you need a goal".

Nice, might buy it for once.

Its only 1 page, like!

Here are some older ones:

http://performance.fourfourtwo.com/tactics/countering-a-team-that-press-high-up-the-pitch

http://performance.fourfourtwo.com/tactics/playing-the-offside-trap-as-a-full-back-the-dos-and-donts

think west ham have made serious mistake chosing fatsam of\ver hughton.  Personally i wasnt that impressed by hughton, but he is a fan of west ham and would give a toss about htem, unlike fat mercenary sam.

Just shows how chairmans/directors at board lvl, know little about football really.  They went for the supposedly safe option, but they havent done their research.

AM quite sure hughton will struggle to get an ave team promoted.  Nufc werent an ave ccc team imo.

In football Hughton earned a lot of respect for what he did at Newcastle, in heloing steady the ship and get promotion back to the big time at first attempted, I think his stock actually improved for be sacked which did seem very harsh at the time. As someone has said, maybe he is holding out for a Premiership job and haven't even bothered going for the Championship ones.

I wouldn't be shocked if he is in the running for the Fulham job but I'll be expecting McClaren to take that one.

There's been a lot of jobs go since he left us, funny how he's not got one yet, maybe Ashley was correct and he's not a manager.

Maybe he hasn't applied for any?

I would find that pretty staggering considering the noises he has come out with himself about getting back into a job asap (and not going back to coaching). He's certaily been heavily linked to a number of them including reports that he met with the WBA board etc, but, I guess we'll never know.

If he doesn't get a job soon mind, there's a danger his ship might have sailed.

There's been a lot of jobs go since he left us, funny how he's not got one yet, maybe Ashley was correct and he's not a manager.

I would find that pretty staggering considering the noises he has come out with himself about getting back into a job asap (and not going back to coaching). He's certaily been heavily linked to a number of them including reports that he met with the WBA board etc, but, I guess we'll never know.

He probably doesn't want to join a team mid-season.  The close season has only just begun as well.  Even Mourinho waited for the Inter job.

Hughton is definitely interested in a return to management, as he's already tapped up one of Newcastle's scouts to move with him to wherever he goes next. 

..?

I'd certainly give you those bits, I just don't think he'd have even begun to put his hat in for half the jobs that have come up. Sensible if so, too. From the noises he's made, things like wanting to spend Christmas with his family now he was back down south, spending time watching the game etc. it sounded to me like he did have certain standards about his next job. I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to go to a relatively big club having been a bit spoiled at our place - somewhere with a bit of weight and potential, more like Cardiff than Fulham, say.

It's not very complimentary to say, but I suspect it's taken him quite a while to get his head around being sacked here, to be honest. It was a pretty spectacularly weird turn of events. In fact, again, I wouldn't be surprised if he's against going to somewhere like West Ham because of who owns them, and wants to avoid anywhere that isn't run well for the team.

I'd certainly give you those bits, I just don't think he'd have even begun to put his hat in for half the jobs that have come up. Sensible if so, too. From the noises he's made, things like wanting to spend Christmas with his family now he was back down south, spending time watching the game etc. it sounded to me like he did have certain standards about his next job. I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to go to a relatively big club having been a bit spoiled at our place - somewhere with a bit of weight and potential, more like Cardiff than Fulham, say.

It's not very complimentary to say, but I suspect it's taken him quite a while to get his head around being sacked here, to be honest. It was a pretty spectacularly weird turn of events. In fact, again, I wouldn't be surprised if he's against going to somewhere like West Ham because of who owns them, and wants to avoid anywhere that isn't run well for the team.

I think the last bit you said is quite significant. He did a hell of a lot of hard work for us and won't want to do the same again and get smacked in the face for it.

Hope he goes to Fulham, think he could do a good job there - though how much better can they do without significant additional funding?

Hughes, in a way, was clever to leave on a high.