Alan Pardew

JH

Everyone I've asked who isn't a Newcastle fan thinks that Pardew is a pretty good manager. And that includes a West Ham fan.

I'm just going on his decisions since he's been here. Hindsight seems to be his outstanding quality so far.

Haven't we done well and climbed the table since he arrived?

Everyone I've asked who isn't a Newcastle fan thinks that Pardew is a pretty good manager. And that includes a West Ham fan.

I'm just going on his decisions since he's been here. Hindsight seems to be his outstanding quality so far.

1 place.

Tonight just isn't a great night to be trying to judge what Pardew can or can't do. We're all pissed off about Carroll and we're all pissed of about losing a nailed on 0-0 with Fulham. F uck it tbh.

Can we only judge him when we play well?

Tonight just isn't a great night to be trying to judge what Pardew can or can't do. We're all pissed off about Carroll and we're all pissed of about losing a nailed on 0-0 with Fulham. F uck it tbh.

Hey it was the protocol with Hughton :lol:

Fair point - he must be judged on what we do on the pitch. I think there was a negative vibe around tonight and he didn't overcome it so yes he came up short I suppose. 

Do you think we have? His line up today was resembling the Cup fiasco against Stevenage. Stunk of desperation and putting all his eggs in one basket with no plan B if things went wrong.

We will stay up this season, but next season is the real test for Pardew. For the first time in years we have serious money to spend and the squad desperately needs it. He will be tested on both his ability to spend the money and how he performs next season with "his" team. I cant say im confident on him doing well on either of those fronts. What worries me is just how safe he is here at NUFC. If he struggles next season will Ashley sack his mate?

Do you think we have? His line up today was resembling the Cup fiasco against Stevenage. Stunk of desperation and putting all his eggs in one basket with no plan B if things went wrong.

Have a look at a Southampton forum, I did and a large number of posters made the same comments.

Have a look at a Southampton forum, I did and a large number of posters made the same comments.

Serious question, what could Pardew have done tonight? His bench option was Ranger who was forced on right at the start. Lovenkrands is useless almost all the time... that's it.

I know we played really badly and I'm not sure why, but I've no idea what the plan B should have been.

Serious question, what could Pardew have done tonight? His bench option was Ranger who was forced on right at the start. Lovenkrands is useless almost all the time... that's it.

I know we played really badly and I'm not sure why, but I've no idea what the plan B should have been.

perch right wing,williamson up front and that kid on the bench no-ones ever heard bags a hat trick from defensive slightly to the left covering at right back and playing rush keeper .

Irrespective of the Carroll transfer shouldn't the club and more to the point Pardew been looking at some loan options such as Sturridge or Vela. The Ameobi injury just rubs salt into the wound and makes Pardew look like even more of a mug. Playing with fire imo.

I would have been tempted to put Ferguson on the left and move Jonas to free Barton to move into the middle to replace either Nolan or Gutrie.

Our midfield was absolutely gash and he did nothing to change that.  He changed two forwards, one because he had to the other because he wanted to.  The main problem tonight was midfield failing to supply anything that the forwards could work with.

Irrespective of the Carroll transfer shouldn't the club and more to the point Pardew been looking at some loan options such as Sturridge or Vela. The Ameobi injury just rubs salt into the wound and makes Pardew look like even more of a mug. Playing with fire imo.

And what's he supposed to do exactly? Nick the money from Ashley's wallet?

He faces the same problems that Hughton did in the transfer market, except Pardew is blamed while Hughton's 'hands were tied'.

Yeah definitely, I still have no idea how we thought we could get away with bringing nobody in.

We should have been planning that whether or not Carroll was being sold, that's the thing that makes it hard to understand.

And what's he supposed to do exactly? Nick the money from Ashley's wallet?

He faces the same problems that Hughton did in the transfer market, except Pardew is blamed while Hughton's 'hands were tied'.

He could have spent the Ben Arfa transfer fee on somebody else and then paid for Ben Arfa in the summer if he was hard up.

Jonny I happen to think Pardew is genuine and I think he's doing a decent job working under those two cronies but at some point the responsibility falls on him to make sure we atleast have adequate cover especially as he initially staked his claim on Carroll not being sold.

To be fair I think Ashley would piss on his own Mother if he had her managing the team bluelaugh.gif

And the responsibility falls on the owner to provide him with the funds for that.

If they don't, there's nothing he can do.

He's being strung along just like us imo. He's just using kiss arse tactics as a way of trying to win Ashley round.

Plan A might have included two strikers with some understanding with regard to the opposition weaknesses. Hangeland and Hughes were hardly the most mobile defensive CB partnership. Did we really stretch them by playing three lumbering big forwards for the majority of this game?

Fair point TRon, I guess the answer is that most teams just play their 'best' two forwards every game.

The real question is why we didn't stop lumping the ball aimlessly forward... it's impossible to tell whether Pardew said that or not, but the players certainly didn't do it.