Alan Pardew

JH

Thinking about it  makes you wonder if he's trying to tie the clubs hands a bit, saying  "we'll have a LB by the Sunderland game" to the press to put pressure on Jabba.

Now he's gone public and said that Shola will start on Saturday. Yet if a player does that on Twitter he's in trouble. This club is so amateurish it beggars belief.

To be fair it's not that big shocking news that he starts. Many clubs give the odd hint on their starting XI pre-match.

It would be more interesting for Sunderland if some players like Simpson or Barton would tweet they wouldn't play a day before the match (like Enrique did last season).

Guest BooBoo

Basically NUFC.com nailed it when they said he should just stop talking.

Nothing he comes out with is credible or even relevant. I get it that he's trying to keep spirits up with promises of good news, but he hasn't got the muscle to back up his mouth and it weakens him every time.

Lose on Saturday and he might as well resign.

Nothing he comes out with is credible or even relevant. I get it that he's trying to keep spirits up with promises of good news, but he hasn't got the muscle to back up his mouth and it weakens him every time.

Jesus H Christ.

Guest BooBoo

Only Bobby has bounced back as a manger. It was the end for Gullit and Kinnear immediately lost any small amount of goodwill he'd built up. It's not a game that any NUFC boss can afford to lose.

Why, exactly?

Guest BooBoo

Basically he's already on thin ice and a defeat to that lot will go down like a fart in a lift. He'll be castigated if we lose, especially on the back of so many failed promises this summer.

I wouldn't say he's done a bad job so far, disagree that he's already on thin ice as well.

Same, I can't see why anyone would think he's even remotely under pressure TBH. Also, if he's as close to Ashley as everyone thinks then he won't be sacked anyway.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Managers with 5 year contracts don't resign :lol:

I wouldn't say he's done a bad job so far, disagree that he's already on thin ice as well.

Same, I can't see why anyone would think he's even remotely under pressure TBH. Also, if he's as close to Ashley as everyone thinks then he won't be sacked anyway.

What? ???

He's only on thin ice (with the fans) because the owners keep feeding him bullshit to spout in pressers, which he has to do to keep his job. On the pitch we've done alright imo, nout special like, but alright for the resources he's been afforded.

What? ???

Well no more than any other manager at the start of a season. We outperformed expectations last year, the only thing he's done wrong is allow Carroll and Enrique to leave, and he probably couldn't stop them anyway.

Just can't understand how he's done anything other than a decent job, and as such he's under no pressure for me.

What? ???

Well no more than any other manager at the start of a season. We outperformed expectations last year, the only thing he's done wrong is allow Carroll and Enrique to leave, and he probably couldn't stop them anyway.

Just can't understand how he's done anything other than a decent job, and as such he's under no pressure for me.

The only thing he's done wrong? :lol:

That and let us go into the new season with no real strikers, no left back, three centre halves...

What? ???

That and let us go into the new season with no real strikers, no left back, three centre halves...

Aye, all Pardew's decision's them...

What? ???

Well it isn't the end of the window yet. I've always said it would be indefensible if we didn't sign a LB, and I hope we're trying for another striker as well.

Yes it would be ideal to have them in before the season, but getting them in before the end of the window is the main thing for me.

Guest BooBoo

If you can't see that a defeat to the mackems would put any NUFC manager under incredible pressure, then I'm not quite convinced you grasp the fabric of the club, the fans and the level of feeling in the north east.

If you can't see that a defeat to the mackems would put any NUFC manager under incredible pressure, then I'm not quite convinced you grasp the fabric of the club, the fans and the level of feeling in the north east.

A defeat to the mackems would put him under pressure, but as of yet I don't really see why he's under pressure. He did a good job last season, and a point against Arsenal is a good result isn't it?

Obviously I can see that it will be bad for Pardew if we lose to Sunderland, and that it's worse than losing another game. But to say stuff like "he may as well resign if we lose" as well as "he's on thin ice already" is ludicrous IMO.

From any sane point of view he's done a decent job... one loss shouldn't change that no matter who it's against.

Like I said, I reckon a lot of it would dilute up the ladder in this case. People would blame the gruesome twosome as much as Pardew. And lets be honest while he's their yes-man they aren't going to sack the fucker no matter what we think, say or do are they.

No one said that wouldn't put him under pressure did they? Unless I missed it. I don't see how he's under pressure now though, all of this shit so far is the on the owner

Plus you have to counter it with if Pardew goes then who will we get? Who else will come and work with the regime as it is, wouldn't want to risk getting JFK or someone of that ilk back.