Alan Pardew

JH

Guest BooBoo

Pardew's script for Friday's pre derby press conferance has leaked:

On the game- They don't get any bigger in this part of the world. Last year's game at the Stadium of Light was one of the best atmosphere's I've experienced. We were very very unlucky not to take the 3 points and we'll be looking to put that right. Make no mistake, we'll be going for the win.

On the likely team- Marveaux played exceptionally well on Wednesday in a specially arranged friendly and he'll be a possible for the bench. We didnt see the best of Demba last weekend and of course, there's something about these games that brings the best out in Shola. I've got options and that's pleasing.

On incomings- It's been a frustrating week. We're dealing with teams who have been involved in Europe this week and obviously that's been their priority. I wanted to bring in at least one new player this week but for a number of reasons it hasnt happened. We're close now to the business end of the window and whilst there's a lot of movement, the selling clubs hold all the cards. Its exceptionally difficult to conclude good deals at this time of the year. The squad's short of a left back, I know that. I was delighted though with Ryan against Arsenal, he was up against a great winger in Gervinho and he was exceptional. Young Fergie is back too so I have options. I do want a replacement in for Jose, but if we can't do a deal then its comforting that we have those options.

On strikers- As I say, Shola's been chomping at the bit this week, he's up for it. I think Leon, Demba and Peter will all benefit from another week of training. They're getting there in terms of fitness. Nothing imminent in terms of a new striker but as mentioned, it's tricky. We're exploring a few options and will explore the loan market if needs be.

On outgoings- Nothing imminent but if i'm honest I think we'll see one or two more leaving in addition to Fraser.

On the game- They don't get any bigger in this part of the world. Last year's game at the Stadium of Light was one of the best atmosphere's I've experienced. We were very very unlucky not to take the 3 points and we'll be looking to put that right. Make no mistake, we'll be going for the win.

On the likely team- Marveaux played exceptionally well on Wednesday in a specially arranged friendly and he'll be a possible for the bench. We didnt see the best of Demba last weekend and of course, there's something about these games that brings the best out in Shola. I've got options and that's pleasing.

On incomings- It's been a frustrating week. We're dealing with teams who have been involved in Europe this week and obviously that's been their priority. I wanted to bring in at least one new player this week but for a number of reasons it hasnt happened. We're close now to the business end of the window and whilst there's a lot of movement, the selling clubs hold all the cards. Its exceptionally difficult to conclude good deals at this time of the year. The squad's short of a left back, I know that. I was delighted though with Ryan against Arsenal, he was up against a great winger in Gervinho and he was exceptional. Young Fergie is back too so I have options. I do want a replacement in for Jose, but if we can't do a deal then its comforting that we have those options.

On strikers- As I say, Shola's been chomping at the bit this week, he's up for it. I think Leon, Demba and Peter will all benefit from another week of training. They're getting there in terms of fitness. Nothing imminent in terms of a new striker but as mentioned, it's tricky. We're exploring a few options and will explore the loan market if needs be.

On outgoings- Nothing imminent but if i'm honest I think we'll see one or two more leaving in addition to Fraser.

Bloody hell, word for word perfect i'd wager...extremely funny and incredibly depressing all at the same time

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I was delighted though with Ryan against Arsenal, he was up against a great winger in Gervinho and he was exceptional. Young Fergie is back too so I have options. I do want a replacement in for Jose, but if we can't do a deal then its comforting that we have those options.[/i]

:suicide:

It's too true.  :lol:

Guest BooBoo

No chance he would say that. He isn't honest in press conferences.

Good point.

Having given this 'person' the chance to prove my prejudices wrong when he replaced Hughton, he has become a parody of himself now.  There is no excuse for the local journos to rip Mr Pardew a new one, and question him on all his ridiculous lies, backtracks and suppositions.  Before this signing, I would have said about 10% of what Pardew says is actually of some merit, the rest being total poppycock.  Now, he has no credibility left whatsoever IMHO

Yet more lies from Parnoccio. Quoted a mere 4 months ago saying he'll not be signing a senior keeper and he does.

Billy Liar.

Like I said in the other thread, how do you know the situation hasn't changed since April?

He's in control of the situation - they're his players.

If any other manager came out with such a clear, robust statement I'd be inclined to think it genuine.

This cunt is just a walking soundbite.

Yet more lies from Parnoccio. Quoted a mere 4 months ago saying he'll not be signing a senior keeper and he does.

Billy Liar.

Like I said in the other thread, how do you know the situation hasn't changed since April?

If any other manager came out with such a clear, robust statement I'd be inclined to think it genuine.

This c*** is just a walking soundbite.

So it's not possible Foster has asked for first team football, or Harper has looked really poor in training for example?

Billy Liar.

So it's not possible Foster has asked for first team football, or Harper has looked really poor in training for example?

Harper, who has been managed by KK, SBR etc, all of a sudden looked poor?

You manage Forster by bullshitting him into thinking he's due a game - fuck me, if anyone could Parnocchio could.

All about managing expectations.

Guest taps01

Billy Liar.

All managers are full of shit.

Damn.   Pardew couldn't say it better himself.  I'll be shocked if he doesn't say this...

One of the reasons Keegan left was because he wanted to be a manager in charge of everything. Ashley wanted to implement the approach that the manager is the team coach like managers on the continent. Obviously Pardew is willing to accept that that is the role. People saying he isn't totally in control are stating the obvious. For example, we know Graham Carr has a big say in which players NUFC go for.

Billy Liar.

You manage Forster by bullshitting him into thinking he's due a game - fuck me, if anyone could Parnocchio could.

Easier said than done. We've managed these three for a few years now, only a WUM would try to pretend that three top rated keepers are going to be happy sitting on the sidelines year after year.

Billy Liar.

You manage Forster by bullshitting him into thinking he's due a game - f*** me, if anyone could Parnocchio could.

Eh? What if he hadn't decided who was going to be his number one and when he chose Krul, Foster asked to go out on loan?

It's speculation on both sides of the argument of course

Billy Liar.

You manage Forster by bullshitting him into thinking he's due a game - f*** me, if anyone could Parnocchio could.

Eh? What if he hadn't decided who was going to be his number one and when he chose Krul, Foster asked to go out on loan?

It may be speculation on both sides but their side has form for chopping the wage bill and getting rid of senior players/those with an opinion.

Well then you tell Forster he'll get games and better experience throughout the season and should hold fire.

One of the reasons Keegan left was because he wanted to be a manager in charge of everything. Ashley wanted to implement the approach that the manager is the team coach like managers on the continent. Obviously Pardew is willing to accept that that is the role. People saying he isn't totally in control are stating the obvious. For example, we know Graham Carr has a big say in which players NUFC go for.

Why did we fuck Dennis Wise off then? Months after Keegan had gone, and stating there were no plans to appoint a replacement in the role?

If Carr is the one we've hung our hat on instead, why the fuck aren't they backing him with transfer funds?

Billy Liar.

It may be speculation on both sides but their side has form for chopping the wage bill and getting rid of senior players/those with an opinion.

Well then you tell Forster he'll get games and better experience throughout the season and should hold fire.

...but he won't if he's playing second fiddle.

Guest BooBoo

I refuse to accept that Pardew had ever heard of Cabaye and Marveaux.

There's no way he's involved in transfer targets.