Alan Pardew

JH

I'm convinced Pardew really does care about the club, unlike the two jokers he works for.

That's the main thing for me.

And I've got respect for how he keeps positive when it must be really difficult to do so.

On the pitch he's doing well also. He's organised the defence, and brought in pace and technique going forward which we were lacking - so he's doing a good job there for me.

He must be extremely frustrated today that he wasn't properly backed by some basic competence in getting in the defensive cover and striker he/we so obviously needed. But he'll have to put a brave face on it, that's part of his job.

He cares about how the club is DOING, because that's his job. That's good enough for me, but I don't believe for a second he has any kind of sentimental attachment to the place like.

Pardew walking out would be disasterous, not because he's so great (though I reckon he's done reasonably well at the actual managing bit) but because we all know the options would be incredibly limited. I joked last night about Dave Bassett being our next manager, well after the Kinnear farce I reckon that's the level we'd be looking at.

Depressing as fuck but Pardew is about the best we can hope for under these cunts.

:sadnod:

Guest Rainforest

I'm convinced Pardew really does care about the club, unlike the two jokers he works for.

And I've got respect for how he keeps positive when it must be really difficult to do so.

On the pitch he's doing well also. He's organised the defence, and brought in pace and technique going forward which we were lacking - so he's doing a good job there for me.

He must be extremely frustrated today that he wasn't properly backed by some basic competence in getting in the defensive cover and striker he/we so obviously needed. But he'll have to put a brave face on it, that's part of his job.

He cares about how the club is DOING, because that's his job. That's good enough for me, but I don't believe for a second he has any kind of sentimental attachment to the place like.

Spot on. All the "we" and "us" talk is just part of his job description. That being said, noone is asking for him to tattoo NUFC on his left cheekball, as long as he does a fair job managing thats all I ask of him.

I think he talks about the club well. And the fact he's got Carver and Stone in there means he's trying to maintain a thread of something at the heart of the club, and in direct contact with the players, which he feels is important. I respect that.

Guest Rainforest

Will there be a journalist with enough balls Decency to look him straight in the eye and ask why  - after 8 months of scouting - we were unable to get a single striker in ?

Or is everyone too afraid to lose their St.James Park press cards?

Will there be a journalist with enough balls Decency to look him straight in the eye and ask why  - after 8 months of scouting - we were unable to get a single striker in ?

Jack_Is_Sound Jack Laidlaw

@CaulkinTheTimes Can you please ask Alan PRdew a few tough questions at the next opportunity, thankyou

@CaulkinTheTimes

George Caulkin

@Jack_Is_Sound what's the point? He doesn't have the answers.

@

@CaulkinTheTimes i dont know mate, i guess i just want to see someone highlight the inconsistencies, tough for you guys though i know

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

@

@Jack_Is_Sound I'll continue to do that Jack. Feels like all I've been doing for years. Would be nice to have cups & Europe to write about.

Guest Rainforest

Hopefully something will come of it. I dont expect any answer because he doesnt have any, but I just want the question asked for all to see.

If this turns into yet another circle-jerk conference about the players we have signed I`ll be proper annoyed.

@CaulkinTheTimes Can you please ask Alan PRdew a few tough questions at the next opportunity, thankyou

@CaulkinTheTimes

George Caulkin

@Jack_Is_Sound what's the point? He doesn't have the answers.

@

@CaulkinTheTimes i dont know mate, i guess i just want to see someone highlight the inconsistencies, tough for you guys though i know

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

@

@Jack_Is_Sound I'll continue to do that Jack. Feels like all I've been doing for years. Would be nice to have cups & Europe to write about.

It's more the local journos who are terrified to step out of line and ask what actually is going on at the club and tell him his self-imposed day of judgement is upon hm.  Instead though we'll see the usual powder-puff pieces, probably highlighting how Pardew's Patter getting him into bother with The FA is unjust, Shola is going to step up to the plate (usually their favourite slow news topic) etc. up until they have something to write about for the next match.

We did get a single striker in, the problem was we didn't get two.

Isn't the most important thing that the manager gets us good results, which he is? He can't be held responsible for not being given money to spend and the incompetency of those above him.

Don't feed us bullshit about getting players in 100% or key players staying then. He should shut his f***ing mouth.

He may have been assured from the higher ups that we were getting players in, so he thought what he was saying could be true? Perhaps he shouldn't have said it, I don't know. That's not going to lose us points though is it.

If you believe that we'll maintain this start then fair play to you, but I can see things turning very ugly this season. Players have come out saying that they've been treated like s*** by the boardroom, fans are sick of being lied to with apathy being set in, St. James Park is supposedly being used as a billboard and made to look ridiculous with the name of the club brought down... It doesn't take much for these things to snowball out of control.

I can normally roll with the ridiculous punches that this regime has thrown out, but it's starting to wear a little too thin for me now.

The stuff that's happening with SJP is a complete joke, making us a laughing stock, there's no two ways about that. I'm not a fan of Llambias or Ashley at all, but I just don't think Pardew has done anything wrong really. There's only so much he's able to do with the cretins above him, but as far as I can see he's doing it well. We've got a good new full back in, and still have Ben Arfa to come back, who'll most likely become one of our best players. I think we'll probably finish 9th-11th in the league, which wouldn't be a bad season, will probably depend on what happens in January though.

i'll tell you what he did wrong. his phone rang.... someone told him that nufc were gonna push out chris hughton at the next opportunity and asked if he'd like to become the next person to pick the team, that he'd have no say on incomings or outgoings and that no matter what happened he wasnt allowed to question the running of the club in public in any way. then he said yes, i'd like to do that. he did that wrong.

I'm sure that's exactly how the phone call went.

neither of us knows, would you care to offer a more likely account of the negotiations? given what we were told by golfmag and what's actually been going on since he arrived.

Given that most football managers are lined up before their predecessor is removed (and Pardew certainly was) and that no one is ever employed without agreeing to the conditions determined by their employers, what golf mag said was a bit like me saying that it's going to rain next month.

Factually correct but hardly stellar insight.

Agreed. It seemed worse because Ashley is a bastard and Hughton is a nice guy, but it's no more sinister than most managerial appointments other than that IMO.

I don't agree at all that "most football managers are lined up before their predecessor is removed", as we'd have a lot more West Ham/Grant/O'Neill situations, however even ignoring that point most managers are replaced when they are doing poorly. No-one thought Hughton was perfect, and some thought he wasn't doing as well as he could have done with the squad available, but it's a massive stretch to say he was doing poorly and it was a massive shock when he was sacked. The fact that the appointment of Pardew was lined up and waiting for a brief spell of poor results (his appointment was probably delayed by the results at the end of October, start of November) shows the decision to get rid of Hughton had nothing to do with his ability as a coach.

Well there's no point debating the rights and wrongs of the Hughton sacking, we all know he didn't really deserve to go. But I don't really see the harm it has done the club, there's no way you could argue that Hughton is proved to be a better manager than Pardew.

Guest Rainforest

Don't understand the enthusiasm for the press making a fool of our manager in public. What good can that do?

He already set the trap for himself going public with his promises to get a striker over the line, 100%.

I cant see anything wrong with having to own up to it.

Well there's no point debating the rights and wrongs of the Hughton sacking, we all know he didn't really deserve to go. But I don't really see the harm it has done the club, there's no way you could argue that Hughton is proved to be a better manager than Pardew.

You said "it's no more sinister than most managerial appointments".

It quite clearly was.

Don't understand the enthusiasm for the press making a fool of our manager in public. What good can that do?

He already set the trap for himself going public with his promises to get a striker over the line, 100%.

I cant see anything wrong with having to own up to it.

Apart from the fact that it wasn't his fault and he couldn't say anything else.

Spot on. All the "we" and "us" talk is just part of his job description. That being said, noone is asking for him to tattoo NUFC on his left cheekball, as long as he does a fair job managing thats all I ask of him.

I can't resist asking - what is a cheekball? It sounds intriguing, and I think I want a tattoo there too.

Guest Rainforest

Why are people asking the press to ask Pardew questions?

We all know what the answer is going to be. 'I'm not in charge of transfers, we tried hard, etc etc'. Pointless exercise.

I dont see the pointlessless in posing a question the entire city is wondering about. If they chose to reply in a non-constructive matter thats another thing entirely, the point is that as the extended voice of the people, the press has to ask the questions no matter how unpopular or non-constructive they might be.

if they all join in he might not feel so lonely?

seriously though, it's not about making a fool of him, it's about making him/them account for their actions, nowt wrong with that.

Guest Rainforest

I can't resist asking - what is a cheekball? It sounds intriguing, and I think I want a tattoo there too.

meant to write ass cheek, no idea why I wrote cheekball :lol:

Guest Rainforest

Its not about making fool of anyone, it just has to do with Accountability. Seeing as Mike and Dekka rarely do interviews, he has to answer for them being the manager.  The fact that he came out with guns blazing claiming a striker would "100% get over the line"  ( this is after Ba signed, mind) makes me just that bit less sympathetic towards him having to take the fall.

If you cant handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Its not about making fool of anyone, it just has to do with Accountability. Seeing as Pardew and Dekka rarely do interviews, he has to answer for them being the manager.  The fact that he came out with guns blazing claiming a striker would "100% get over the line"  ( this is after Ba signed, mind) makes me just that bit less sympathetic towards him having to take the fall.

If you cant handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Pardew rarely does interviews? He done more interviews than fucking Parky.

Can't keep his gob shut that's his problem.

Pardew walking out would be disasterous, not because he's so great (though I reckon he's done reasonably well at the actual managing bit) but because we all know the options would be incredibly limited. I joked last night about Dave Bassett being our next manager, well after the Kinnear farce I reckon that's the level we'd be looking at.

Depressing as f*** but Pardew is about the best we can hope for under these c***s.

:sadnod: