Alan Pardew

JH

Why are people asking the press to ask Pardew questions?

We all know what the answer is going to be. 'I'm not in charge of transfers, we tried hard, etc etc'. Pointless exercise.

That's a very CHEAP excuse!!! Then why did he promise this or that when he is a puppet and nothing depends on him? He should have said: 'I'm a puppet and I don't know anything, my hands are tied.'

But no - he chose to share with us his 100%-ers - 'Carrol won't leave', 'The 35m will be reinvested in the squad', 'We'll get a strker over the line'.

We have to ask questions, they have to feel uncomfortable, at least for a while, at pressers.

Guest Rainforest

Don't understand the enthusiasm for the press making a fool of our manager in public. What good can that do?

Its not about making fool of anyone, it just has to do with Accountability. Seeing as Pardew and Dekka rarely do interviews, he has to answer for them being the manager.  The fact that he came out with guns blazing claiming a striker would "100% get over the line"  ( this is after Ba signed, mind) makes me just that bit less sympathetic towards him having to take the fall.

If you cant handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Pardew rarely does interviews? He done more interviews than f***ing Parky.

Can't keep his gob shut that's his problem.

Meant to write Mike, obviously. sorry.

Pardew walking out would be disasterous, not because he's so great (though I reckon he's done reasonably well at the actual managing bit) but because we all know the options would be incredibly limited. I joked last night about Dave Bassett being our next manager, well after the Kinnear farce I reckon that's the level we'd be looking at.

Depressing as f*** but Pardew is about the best we can hope for under these c***s.

100% truth.  As it currently stands, I've no issue with AP.  He's showed in the 3 matches so far, that he's been able to react and adapt the match and get us vital points.

But if he were to walk, dear me - another imploding scenario that we go through every damn season. 

I have no problem with him currently, and really feel for him as he continues to be misled by the board - its like his job is to be prepared for a firing squad, every single day.

Guest Rainforest

Its not Alan who decides the yes and no`s of transfers anyway, but I mean, if you play the big man promising left and right on pressers, are you then not supposed to own up to the fact that fuck all happened?

Just asking..

Don't understand the enthusiasm for the press making a fool of our manager in public. What good can that do?

Its not about making fool of anyone, it just has to do with Accountability. Seeing as Pardew and Dekka rarely do interviews, he has to answer for them being the manager.  The fact that he came out with guns blazing claiming a striker would "100% get over the line"  ( this is after Ba signed, mind) makes me just that bit less sympathetic towards him having to take the fall.

If you cant handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Pardew rarely does interviews? He done more interviews than f***ing Parky.

Can't keep his gob shut that's his problem.

Meant to write Mike, obviously. sorry.

:thup:

Spot on. All the "we" and "us" talk is just part of his job description. That being said, noone is asking for him to tattoo NUFC on his left cheekball, as long as he does a fair job managing thats all I ask of him.

I can't resist asking - what is a cheekball? It sounds intriguing, and I think I want a tattoo there too.

meant to write ass cheek, no idea why I wrote cheekball :lol:

:thup:

Guest CaPiTaL cHaP

Alan Pardew's contract has penalty clauses for relegation and bonuses for keeping the net transfer spend in the positive and wages down.

He'll be happy with this window.

Guest Rainforest

Nah, I dont think Pardew has anything to do with our inability to spend, I believe him when he said he wanted new bodies in.

Besides, Joey also said it was Dekka and Mike who were the problem, not Alan Pardew. And Barton is pretty objective tbh...

:troll:

Guest icemanblue

It's a bit shit that none of them have come out to say anything today, like. Thought there would at least be some token quotes to the local press.

It's a bit shit that none of them have come out to say anything today, like. Thought there would at least be some token quotes to the local press.

The only one who will actually talk is Pardew and he's already absolved himself of the blame by saying it's his job to identify the players then the board's responsibility to get the deals done. Which is true after all. It's Llambias who needs to explain himself and you won't see him for a few weeks is my guess. Lucky for them the next game is away and he'll be praying for a good result otherwise St James might get a bit heated in the next home fixture.

Alan Pardew's contract has penalty clauses for relegation and bonuses for keeping the net transfer spend in the positive and wages down.

He'll be happy with this window.

i'm assuming you dont have concrete knowledge of that, and with this in mind i'd say it's highly doubtful that he gets bonuses for anything to do with spending or wages, considering he's likely to have as much to do with it as you or i. league performance, fair enough.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Personally I don't blame Pardew for our situation, I honestly think the bloke is ok and as a manager I think he has done a good job. He knows about the game and when to make good tactical changes when things are not going our way BUT. He is a desperate man who needed to get back in the game and because of that he can only push MA & DL so much. He 's stuck in the middle and the direct route for fans vented frustration.

Unfortunately I can see him walking away soon because he is being made to look a fool and a liar, I'm sure he had a long night last night deciding his future.

It would be a shame if he walked because his replacement would be Kinnear or similar

Watch this space

Guest Rainforest

I hope our next home game will have half the seats empty. I really do.

Mate, have you just signed up to whinge constantly? What's the point?

Trying to come up with ideas of ways to protest that might actually get through to Mike.

This might not be the brighest of them, just brainstorming basically.

I hope our next home game will have half the seats empty. I really do.

Mate, have you just signed up to whinge constantly? What's the point?

Trying to come up with ideas of ways to protest that might actually get through to Mike.

This might not be the brighest of them, just brainstorming basically.

there is only one, stop giving him money. and you'd have to stop a significant amount of others doing it to. almost impossible.

Guest Rainforest

the most obvious being not going to the games i guess, but that would hurt the team..But then again you could perhaps stand outside making alot of noise - telling the players that you support them - you just dont want to give him your cash?

I actually considered making a huge "fat cunt out" banner and try to sneak it in, an impossible task probably  :lol:

the most obvious being not going to the games i guess, but that would hurt the team..But then again you could perhaps stand outside making alot of noise - telling the players that you support them - you just dont want to give him your cash?

I actually considered making a huge "fat cunt out" banner and try to sneak it in, an impossible task probably  :lol:

i'm not even sure that's true tbh